Decades: Bandstand Guidelines

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
I Love Decades!

Decades: Bandstand Guidelines

#1 Post by I Love Decades! » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:22 am

-- Decades: Bandstand is a series of "tracks" covering a variety of rock n roll topics.

-- Decades: Bandstand begins September 30 with Track 1: The 1960s and ends a few weeks later (exact date TBD), depending on source material.

-- Everyone is encouraged to play. Yes, even you. And you. And, well, okay, you too.

-- Each track will typically be posted early (0700-0730) Eastern time on weekdays and remain open until the results are posted, usually the next morning. All Friday tracks remain open through the weekend. Please use a single spoiler (Spoiler=) for all answers.

-- All questions are rock/pop music-related. There are too many categories to list, so use your imagination.

-- The following ten(ish)-year periods will be covered on a rotating basis:
1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s

-- Please keep in mind that some bands/artists span more than one decade.

-- There will be several categories per track plus bonus points. The points available will vary from day to day.

-- No outside sources allowed, this includes previous posts on the board. Don't cheat, it's not becoming.

-- There is no penalty for wrong answers, so guess away!

-- Humorous posts and retorts are encouraged for the good of the Bored, but I don't give out humor points. I have a hard enough time just getting the regular scores somewhat correct!

-- Please check your scores and bring any scoring errors to my attention.

-- I try my best to avoid ambiguous wording in the questions. If it happens, please bring it directly to my attention.

-- No political posts allowed. Ever. Do not anger the Decades gods.

-- Have fun and rock on!