For lb13 and Other Sciurophiles

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

For lb13 and Other Sciurophiles

#1 Post by Estonut » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:38 am

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

Re: For lb13 and Other Sciurophiles

#2 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm

New Jersey cornstalk with 29 cobs sets Guinness world record
But credit for planting the cornstalk goes to the squirrels.

Jacovelli likes to feed the squirrels, rabbits and birds that visit his yard. He said the squirrels buried some of the Tractor Supply Producer's Pride seeds he tossed their way, resulting in the miracle stalk.

"The squirrel gods were good to me. I was laughing about it. For years, I've been feeding the squirrels. I figure it's their way of paying me back."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 am

jarnon wrote:New Jersey cornstalk with 29 cobs sets Guinness world record

Jacovelli likes to feed the squirrels, rabbits and birds that visit his yard. He said the squirrels buried some of the Tractor Supply Producer's Pride seeds he tossed their way, resulting in the miracle stalk.

"The squirrel gods were good to me. I was laughing about it. For years, I've been feeding the squirrels. I figure it's their way of paying me back."

There would be a WHOLE lot fewer trees in this country without squirrels burying seeds over the centuries. And what thanks do they get....

Sprots hates trees!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:38 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
jarnon wrote:New Jersey cornstalk with 29 cobs sets Guinness world record

There would be a WHOLE lot fewer trees in this country without squirrels burying seeds over the centuries. And what thanks do they get....

Sprots hates trees!

lb13
I love trees! My community is cutting down or pruning lots of old trees which probably would start dropping branches or dying by inches in the next few years, but it still makes me sad.

I do not love mangy rodents. I love the cat next door! He is keeping out sciurine and other menaces, such as pocket gophers, which have destroyed my beautiful peonies in the east yard.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:16 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:I love trees! My community is cutting down or pruning lots of old trees which probably would start dropping branches or dying by inches in the next few years, but it still makes me sad.
Gee, most people wait until they're actually sick or dying. Does your community treat elderly people the same way, lopping off arms and legs until they die?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#7 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Image
Positive reinforcement:

That's pretty darn funny, Bob J. It very much reminds me of the days when Evil Squirrel would consume about $20 a month's worth of food from the feeder, leaving approximately 42 cents worth of seeds scattered on the ground for the Right Reverend Mr. Eurasian Collared Dove and his flock. I didn't like buying all that food for the squirrel, but by that time, Evil and Lizbit had become special friends....
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Estonut wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:I love trees! My community is cutting down or pruning lots of old trees which probably would start dropping branches or dying by inches in the next few years, but it still makes me sad.
Gee, most people wait until they're actually sick or dying. Does your community treat elderly people the same way, lopping off arms and legs until they die?
No.

You are not funny.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller