Transcript 9/17/18a Steve Johnson

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts
Posts: 4514
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am

Transcript 9/17/18a Steve Johnson

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Steve Johnson
Musician
Mobile, Ala.


$500
In baseball, the instant the World Series is over, what do the players on the winning team traditionally do?
A: Celebrate on the field B: Quietly text their accountants
C: Call their bookie to collect their winnings D: Run to the parking lot to beat traffic

Spoiler
A: Celebrate on the field


$1,000
The title of which of the following Goldie Hawn movies was inspired by a term for employees who work a job from mid-afternoon to midnight?
A: Private Benjamin B: Shampoo
C: Swing Shift D: The Banger Sisters

Spoiler
C: Swing Shift


$2,000
With the Dean of Westminster calling it “entirely fitting,” the final resting place of the late Stephen Hawking is right next to what historical figure?
A: King Henry VIII B: Sir Isaac Newton
C: Agatha Christie D: Charlie Chaplin

Spoiler
B: Sir Isaac Newton


Commercial break

$3,000
It’s “Millionaire Math” Time! Last name of “The French Chef” host + “ish” + Famous organized crime family = what rap name used by Donald Glover?
A: Flayish Giancana B: Deanish Corleone
C: Childish Gambino D: Puckish Bonanno

Spoiler
C: Childish Gambino


$5,000
Ranking behind the U.S., China, Japan and Germany, what state is now the world’s 5th biggest economy, having surpassed the UK in 2017?
A: Florida B: California
C: Texas D: New York

Spoiler
Steve’s +1 is his dad Steven, who was the first contestant in this episode. Steven knows it’s California.


Spoiler
B: California


$7,000
What actress who plays Kate Pearson on the NBC series “This Is Us” penned the 2018 memoir “This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today”?
A: Mandy Moore B: Chrissy Metz
C: Alexandra Breckenridge D: Susan Kelechi Watson

Spoiler
Steve wishes he had a +2, because his dad watches that show.
A: 36% B: 52% C: 12% D: 0%


Spoiler
B: Chrissy Metz


Commercial break

QotD
Which of the following is not one of the four H’s in the official 4-H Club pledge?
A: Health B: Hands
C: Head D: Honor

Spoiler
D: Honor


$10,000
Which of the following is directly caused by the varicella-zoster virus?
A: Chickenpox B: Whooping cough
C: Strep throat D: Rabies

Spoiler
Steve knows whooping cough is pertussis. 50/50 leaves chickenpox and whooping cough.


Spoiler
A: Chickenpox


$20,000
While her husband George H.W. Bush had the code name “Timberwolf,” Barbara Bush had what Secret Service code name?
A: Pitbull B: Oyster
C: Tranquility D: Vermonter

Steve has no idea, so he walks.

Spoiler
C: Tranquility
Steve wins $10,000.
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 12850
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Transcript 9/17/18 Steve Johnson

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:03 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Steve Johnson
Musician
Mobile, Ala.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$7,000
What actress who plays Kate Pearson on the NBC series “This Is Us” penned the 2018 memoir “This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today”?
A: Mandy Moore B: Chrissy Metz
C: Alexandra Breckenridge D: Susan Kelechi Watson
Spoiler
Steve wishes he had a +2, because his dad watches that show.
A: 36% B: 52% C: 12% D: 0%

Spoiler
B: Chrissy Metz
I would have to ATA also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000
While her husband George H.W. Bush had the code name “Timberwolf,” Barbara Bush had what Secret Service code name?
A: Pitbull B: Oyster
C: Tranquility D: Vermonter

Steve has no idea, so he walks.
Spoiler
C: Tranquility
Steve wins $10,000.
I would use my 50:50. I may be misremembering but somewhere I had the notion that presidents and first ladies had code names that started with the same letter - but that may just be my imagination.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

IronmanTim
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Transcript 9/17/18 Steve Johnson

#3 Post by IronmanTim » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:02 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000
While her husband George H.W. Bush had the code name “Timberwolf,” Barbara Bush had what Secret Service code name?
A: Pitbull B: Oyster
C: Tranquility D: Vermonter

Steve has no idea, so he walks.
Spoiler
C: Tranquility
Steve wins $10,000.
I would use my 50:50. I may be misremembering but somewhere I had the notion that presidents and first ladies had code names that started with the same letter - but that may just be my imagination.
If so, we have the same imagination. I probably just go for it.

Post Reply