Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

#26 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:26 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Never claimed to, sweetie. I simply wondered if the Muslim community in Sri Lanka would show the same type of support as the Christian community in New Zealand did. Try to untwist those knickers a bit.
I've noticed that the "untwist your knickers" line has become another one of those cliche responses. So has calling someone "sweetie." I'm not buying the disingenuous act. At least take ownership of it instead of trying to weasel out of it by shifting the attention to my knickers. Believe me, if they were twisted, I would know long before you did.
Avoiding the actual point of the post is another cliche.
Oh, sweetums, it's not disingenuos at all. It's snark, bless all y'all's strange antipathy for the word Christian.
Unless it's attached to white supremacy.
Pookie.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:56 pm

I know that most peeps here are left leaning, and most don't post in political threads. What is amusing are those "voices of reason" who pop up occasionally but don't bother to spread their self righteousness during equally or more inflammatory rhetoric on the other end.
Disingenujty much?
Well, then

franktangredi

#28 Post by franktangredi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
I've noticed that the "untwist your knickers" line has become another one of those cliche responses. So has calling someone "sweetie." I'm not buying the disingenuous act. At least take ownership of it instead of trying to weasel out of it by shifting the attention to my knickers. Believe me, if they were twisted, I would know long before you did.
Avoiding the actual point of the post is another cliche.
Oh, sweetums, it's not disingenuos at all. It's snark, bless all y'all's strange antipathy for the word Christian.
Unless it's attached to white supremacy.
Pookie.
I don't have any antipathy to the word 'Christian.' I am one. In fact, I'm a Sunday School teacher and an elder in my church. But I happen to be a Christian who thinks this whole 'antipathy to the word Christian' thing is a load of horse manure.
Last edited by franktangredi on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

franktangredi

#29 Post by franktangredi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Beebs52 wrote:I know that most peeps here are left leaning, and most don't post in political threads. What is amusing are those "voices of reason" who pop up occasionally but don't bother to spread their self righteousness during equally or more inflammatory rhetoric on the other end.
Disingenujty much?
I don't think that word means what you think it means. In fact, it's not even a word. And if it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be spelled like that.

Hope you're still amused.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#30 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm

franktangredi wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:I know that most peeps here are left leaning, and most don't post in political threads. What is amusing are those "voices of reason" who pop up occasionally but don't bother to spread their self righteousness during equally or more inflammatory rhetoric on the other end.
Disingenujty much?
I don't think that word means what you think it means. In fact, it's not even a word. And if it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be spelled like that.

I do apol9gize f4r misspelling ite. disingenuity. It is a word. I was focusing on the candid, sincere part.
Well, then

franktangredi

#31 Post by franktangredi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
Disingenujty much?

I do apol9gize f4r misspelling ite. disingenuity. It is a word. I was focusing on the candid, sincere part.
And I apologize for losing my temper.

It's not a word in the two dictionaries I checked - the most accepted word is disingenuousness - but I have found it used online since then.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#32 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 pm

franktangredi wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

And I apologize for losing my temper.

It's not a word in the two dictionaries I checked - the most accepted word is disingenuousness - but I have found it used online since then.
Disingenuousnessss is just so long. I'll take the -ity one.
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#33 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:21 pm

Wow. This thread was BS enough to catch up two of the more moderate people on this Bored into the trap, and maybe a third if you count this....

I hope you y'all are proud of yourselves for stooping to this kind of assholery (And I guarantee you that word isn't in anyone's dictionary).....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#34 Post by Estonut » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:47 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Wow. This thread was BS enough to catch up two of the more moderate people on this Bored into the trap, and maybe a third if you count this....

I hope you y'all are proud of yourselves for stooping to this kind of assholery (And I guarantee you that word isn't in anyone's dictionary)....
Shhh! You're going to scare away Bob#'s audience!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#35 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Wow. This thread was BS enough to catch up two of the more moderate people on this Bored into the trap, and maybe a third if you count this....

I hope you y'all are proud of yourselves for stooping to this kind of assholery (And I guarantee you that word isn't in anyone's dictionary).....

lb13

It's in mine! I'd show you the picture next to it, but it would probably crash the bored.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

franktangredi

#36 Post by franktangredi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:54 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

lb13

It's in mine! I'd show you the picture next to it, but it would probably crash the bored.
If you played either one of them in a Scrabble tournament, you'd lose the challenge. And that you can take my word for.

tlynn78

#37 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:09 pm

franktangredi wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

lb13

If you played either one of them in a Scrabble tournament, you'd lose the challenge. And that you can take my word for.

lol - not my dictionary, MY dictionary.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

wbtravis007

#38 Post by wbtravis007 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 pm

I'm pretty sure that all four of the clintons and obamas have openly proclaimed themselves to be Chtritians, so I don't understand why y'all would question that by making these points.

Except, of course, I do know why, so don't bother answering that on my account.

Spoiler
But if you do, don't forget about reverend wright. (But, of course, you wouldn't.)

wbtravis007

#39 Post by wbtravis007 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:25 am

Hope y'all had a happy holiday otherwise, though.

jarnon

#40 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:46 am

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Sri Lanka Terrorist Attack
ISIS Aamaq news agency wrote:The perpetrators of the attack that targeted nationals of the countries of the coalitions and Christians in Sri Lanka before yesterday are fighters from the Islamic State.
Sri Lankan minister of defense Ruwan Wijewardene wrote:The preliminary investigations have revealed that what happened in Sri Lanka was in retaliation for the attack against Muslims in Christchurch.
As in Benghazi, this massacre was both retaliation for a perceived offense and a heinous terrorist attack. The two aren't contradictory.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#41 Post by BackInTex » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:01 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:I'm pretty sure that all four of the clintons and obamas have openly proclaimed themselves to be Chtritians,
Yet another word T-girl must add to her dicshunary, as soon as we get a good defanition.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#42 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
wbtravis007 wrote:I'm pretty sure that all four of the clintons and obamas have openly proclaimed themselves to be Chtritians,
Yet another word T-girl must add to her dicshunary, as soon as we get a good defanition.
:lol: :lol: - you can't blame the boy; he's all wrapped up in counting the days. It's only a matter of time, don't you know?

jarnon

#43 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:56 am

Donald J. Trump wrote:The anti-Semitic attack in Monsey, New York, on the 7th night of Hanukkah last night is horrific. We must all come together to fight, confront, and eradicate the evil scourge of anti-Semitism. Melania and I wish the victims a quick and full recovery.
Donald J. Trump wrote:Our prayers are with the families of the victims and the congregation of yesterday’s church attack. It was over in 6 seconds thanks to the brave parishioners who acted to protect 242 fellow worshippers. Lives were saved by these heroes, and Texas laws allowing them to carry arms!
Leaders of all political stripes posted similar condolences. Most didn't describe the worshippers as "Jewish" or "Christian" because it's obvious. There isn't any hidden meaning.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי