Transcript 4/12/2019 - Derek Daily (MopItUp23) (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/12/2019 - Derek Daily (MopItUp23) (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Derek Daily (BB MopItUp23)
New Franklin, OH

$7000: The number of consonants in the English alphabet (including "Y") divided by the number of toes a rhino has on each foot equals the total number of what?
A - baseball players in a batting order
B - "Jurassic Park" movies
C - Deadly sins
D - sides on a stop sign

Derek
Spoiler
knows there are 21 consonants, and A and C aren't numbers evenly divisible. He's not sure whether the two "Jurassic World" movies are being counted, but if not, he doesn't think a rhino has 7 toes
Spoiler
Answer: C (deadly sins)

Chris tells Derek that they were including the two "Jurassic World" movies.

$10,000: Connecting Grächen and Zermatt, what's said to the world's longest pedestrian suspension bridge --1,620 ft. long and 28 stories in the air -- opened in 2017, where?
A - Norway
B - Ukraine
C - Switzerland
D - Portugal

Geography is Derek's strongest category and he knew it before it came up.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Switzerland)

$20,000: In Homer's "The Odyssey," what sorceress of Greek mythology at one point turns Odysseus' men into swine?
A - Athena
B - Circe
C - Artemis
D - Medea

Derek has a gut idea but decides to ask the audience.
Spoiler
Ask the Audience results:
A - 14%
B - 56%
C - 8%
D - 22%

That's what he was thinking; he never read "The Odyssey" and was concerned about
Spoiler
Medea - although he knows she is associated with Jason and the Argonauts
Spoiler
Answer: B (Circe)

commercial break

$30,000: Choosing it himself as all presidents do, what is Donald Trump's Secret Service code name?
A - Magnate
B - Mogul
C - Maximus
D - Money

Derek thinks he heard of this but he doesn't think he can pull it out from the four choices. His gut is telling him
Spoiler
Maximus
. He asks for his +1, Mike, who hosts trivia and writes his own questions. Mike hasn't written about this. He agrees with Derek's hunch. Mike says Obama's code name was "Renegade". Mike says that after he was elected Trump tried to
Spoiler
play down the money and real estate, so it's probably not A or B. Derek thinks it's C because he recalls hearing it. Mike asks if they are drawn to it because it's Latin
. Derek isn't sure the 50:50 would help because it will probably remove A & B. Derek decides to go with his gut. He'd rather go out than waste the lifeline.
Spoiler
Answer: B (Mogul)

commercial break
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tlynn78

Re: Transcript 4/12/2019 - Derek Daily (carryover contestant

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:48 am

He'd rather go out than waste the lifeline.
:shock: But, ...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

MopItUp23

Re: Transcript 4/12/2019 - Derek Daily (carryover contestant

#3 Post by MopItUp23 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Yep, my handling of that question won’t be one of my life’s shining moments.

What’s worse is that as soon as we went to commercial, Chris revealed that the 50:50 eliminated C and D. :oops: I should’ve realized that because A & B were so similar, one of them had to have been the right answer, but it just didn’t click for me. It was also unfortunate that Mike also had no idea, as he writes some very esoteric questions, and I felt that something like that would’ve been in his wheelhouse.

Nevertheless, I was just so happy to have finally gotten to play that it didn’t hurt (too badly). It was the culmination of a very, very long journey - this was the THIRD day that I had been a potential contestant in a quest that spanned two seasons. I had also been in Vegas for TCONA and hasn’t gotten much sleep for the past week, so I like to think that I would’ve done a bit better had I not been pretty exhausted.