Transcript 2/27/19 Jeremy Cahnmann

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 2/27/19 Jeremy Cahnmann

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:48 pm

(Preempted on its scheduled air date. Shown on 3/20/19 in the second time slot.)

Jeremy Cahnmann
Trivia company owner
Chicago, Ill.

$500
According to Rudyard Kipling’s famous poem “If—,” which of these is NOT one of the things that - if you can do it - will make you “a Man, my son!”?
A: Trust yourself when all men doubt you B: Wait and not be tired by waiting
C: Talk with crowds and keep your virtue D: Stop checking Facebook every 20 seconds

Spoiler
D: Stop checking Facebook every 20 seconds

$1,000
In 2017 AirlineRatings.com named Air New Zealand the world’s best airline for the fifth year in a row, based on all but which of these factors?
A: Safety B: Passenger ratings
C: Age of its aircraft fleet D: Hotness of its baggage handlers

Spoiler
D: Hotness of its baggage handlers

$2,000
The world’s tallest building when it was completed in 1913, what 792-foot NYC skyscraper did architect Cass Gilbert design for a five-&-dime store mogul?
A: The Chrysler Building B: The Woolworth Building
C: The Guggenheim Museum D: Rockefeller Center

Spoiler
B: The Woolworth Building

$3,000
In the U.K., which of these confections is commonly called “candy floss”?
A: Gummy bear B: Cotton candy
C: Jelly bean D: Lollipop

Spoiler
B: Cotton candy

Commercial break

QotD
Beefeaters stand watch at what famous tourist attraction?
A: Vatican City B: Forbidden City
C: Taj Mahal D: Tower of London

Spoiler
D: Tower of London

$5,000
A tribute to her performance, Roger Ebert said he watched 2003’s “Monster” not knowing who the star was, and didn’t realize until the end credits that it was who?
A: Nicole Kidman B: Charlize Theron
C: Cate Blanchett D: Halle Berry

Spoiler
B: Charlize Theron

$7,000
In 1970 writer Tom Wolfe made what term famous when he used it to describe a party hosted by Leonard Bernstein in honor of the Black Panthers?
A: Radical Chic B: Lost Generation
C: Summer of Love D: Me Decade

Spoiler
A: Radical Chic

The horn
Jeremy will be back on Thursday.
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarnon

Re: Transcript 2/27/19 Jeremy Cahnmann

#2 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:56 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$5,000
A tribute to her performance, Roger Ebert said he watched 2003’s “Monster” not knowing who the star was, and didn’t realize until the end credits that it was who?

Spoiler
Jeremy noted that Charlize Theron is the only Oscar-winning actress born in Africa. I thought Lupita Nyong’o was born there too, but she was born in Mexico.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:42 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:(Preempted on its scheduled air date. Shown on 3/20/19 in the second time slot.)

Jeremy Cahnmann
Trivia company owner
Chicago, Ill..
Nihil obstat®. Chris mentioned that as a trivia company owner Jeremy must write a lot of trivia. I don't recall how he ended up, but I cringe whenever trivia is mentioned as a contestant's specialty; they usually end up not doing so well.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:52 am

earendel wrote:I don't recall how he ended up, but I cringe whenever trivia is mentioned as a contestant's specialty; they usually end up not doing so well.
My TiVo decided on its own to record Thursday’s show, so I guess I’ll transcribe it. Hope it’s not another 17-question marathon!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

triviawayne

#5 Post by triviawayne » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:14 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:(Preempted on its scheduled air date. Shown on 3/20/19 in the second time slot.)

Jeremy Cahnmann
Trivia company owner
Chicago, Ill..
Nihil obstat®. Chris mentioned that as a trivia company owner Jeremy must write a lot of trivia. I don't recall how he ended up, but I cringe whenever trivia is mentioned as a contestant's specialty; they usually end up not doing so well.
hey...I resemble that remark :P

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:13 am

$5,000

[Obscure] Spoiler: Answer
This was one of those movies I watched only because it won an Oscar, and I'm glad I did. That performance could win Oscar of the decade, or century.

I've watched other movies just because they were Oscar winners, and I felt hoodwinked by The Trip to Bountiful. I'm glad Geraldine Page finally won a Best Actress Oscar, but the movie was forgettable.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller