Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#976 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:41 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:22 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:38 pm
Overall, Americans are doing much better in the past 3 years than they have done in a long time. But, of course, that is a lie.
Trump inherited a rising economy. He's done very well for those at the top because of the rising stock market raising corporate profits that have not, in turn, been translated into good jobs. For the rest of the people, those who don't just spoonfeed themselves CNS News and similar sources, not so well. For those mentioned by Joe Walsh, very not so well.

For someone working two jobs to try to put food on the table for his family, the rise in the Dow Jones average doesn't do much good. And that's why Trump's approval is in the tank with those groups.

And here's some more tidbits about CNS News. They seem to do an even better job than you, Flock, of carrying Trump's water for him:

http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/stories/2 ... tdown.html
I see you got the batphone feed from pelosi's rant this morning.

This guy is the editor of conwebwatch (do you really think this is unbiased 'proof' of your argument?). Clearly a Soros subsidiary.
https://matthewvadum.com/2011/09/soros- ... cant-stop/

Your turn!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22850
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#977 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:00 pm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#978 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Trump used Philly girl’s story to attack ‘failing government schools.’ But she’s at one of the city’s most desired charters.

To be charitable, I think this is more an example of the general incompetence of Trump's people (it's tough to get good help when the only qualification is kissing the boss's butt) rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead as most of his lies are.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#979 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Wanna see media bias in action?
Google "More people are happy today".
See what you get.
Then add "gallup" to the end of it.

At least for now until google figures out they let something politically positive for trump slip out.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#980 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:16 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Wanna see media bias in action?
Google "More people are happy today".
See what you get.
Then add "gallup" to the end of it.

At least for now until google figures out they let something politically positive for trump slip out.
No, not a left wing media conspiracy but a feature of Google. It tailors its results to your recent search history. I'm guessing you spend a lot of your time on wacko right wing sites, so Google skews its results to give you more of what you want. When I ran the same search, my first page results (all of which indicated we are not in fact happier today) came from TIme, the Los Angeles Times, Psychology Today, Ted.com, and Inc Magazine. You know, the sites you dismiss as anti-Trump, fake news.

https://www.wsoaonline.com/does-your-in ... h-results/

I did find the current Gallup "happiness" poll, which finds that most Americans are very or somewhat happy with their personal lives. However, it turns out that people all over the world are happy with their personal lives, and, further, that American happiness have been on a downward trend for the last three years. Gee, I wonder what happened three years ago.
The vast majority of Americans report being "very" (42%) or "fairly happy" (44%), but the combined 86% is down from 91% the last time Gallup asked about this, in December 2008. It is also the lowest overall percentage happy Gallup has recorded in periodic readings over 71 years and is only the fifth time happiness has dipped below the 90% mark in 23 readings since 1948.

With fewer than nine in 10 Americans feeling happy in the Dec. 2-15 Gallup poll, one in seven (14%) are "not too happy," the highest measured to date. Americans' subdued level of happiness at the end of 2019 fits in with Gallup research finding that Americans' levels of stress and worry reached new heights in 2018, while their self-reported anger matched the previous high. From a global perspective, the incidence of stress in the U.S. was among the highest in the world. And the U.N.'s annual World Happiness Report, which uses Gallup life satisfaction ratings, ranked the U.S. at No. 19 for happiness in the world last year -- down from No. 18 in 2018 and from No. 14 in 2017.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/276503/hap ... usual.aspx
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#981 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:16 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Wanna see media bias in action?
Google "More people are happy today".
See what you get.
Then add "gallup" to the end of it.

At least for now until google figures out they let something politically positive for trump slip out.
No, not a left wing media conspiracy but a feature of Google. It tailors its results to your recent search history. I'm guessing you spend a lot of your time on wacko right wing sites, so Google skews its results to give you more of what you want. When I ran the same search, my first page results (all of which indicated we are not in fact happier today) came from TIme, the Los Angeles Times, Psychology Today, Ted.com, and Inc Magazine. You know, the sites you dismiss as anti-Trump, fake news.

https://www.wsoaonline.com/does-your-in ... h-results/

I did find the current Gallup "happiness" poll, which finds that most Americans are very or somewhat happy with their personal lives. However, it turns out that people all over the world are happy with their personal lives, and, further, that American happiness have been on a downward trend for the last three years. Gee, I wonder what happened three years ago.
The vast majority of Americans report being "very" (42%) or "fairly happy" (44%), but the combined 86% is down from 91% the last time Gallup asked about this, in December 2008. It is also the lowest overall percentage happy Gallup has recorded in periodic readings over 71 years and is only the fifth time happiness has dipped below the 90% mark in 23 readings since 1948.

With fewer than nine in 10 Americans feeling happy in the Dec. 2-15 Gallup poll, one in seven (14%) are "not too happy," the highest measured to date. Americans' subdued level of happiness at the end of 2019 fits in with Gallup research finding that Americans' levels of stress and worry reached new heights in 2018, while their self-reported anger matched the previous high. From a global perspective, the incidence of stress in the U.S. was among the highest in the world. And the U.N.'s annual World Happiness Report, which uses Gallup life satisfaction ratings, ranked the U.S. at No. 19 for happiness in the world last year -- down from No. 18 in 2018 and from No. 14 in 2017.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/276503/hap ... usual.aspx
The point is, SSS, when you put that statement in you get results exactly opposite of the statement and no mention of that poll. Why? Because none of the MSM bothered to report on it, further pushing their narrative. It is only when you get more specific that any positive reference shows up at the top of your results.
You really have a problem with strawmen, don't you? You prefer your stereotype of me because it makes it much easier to support your own hypocrisy. Your "guess" is completely untrue.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#982 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 am

The point is, SSS, when you put that statement in you get results exactly opposite of the statement and no mention of that poll.
I just did my own "scientific" test. I just typed in "the moon is made of green cheese" on Google, and guess what, all I got were sites debunking that statement and explaining where the "myth" originated. I guess the media has a conspiracy against cheeseheads as well.

If you enter something that's been shown to be untrue, you'll get sites that state the opposite or explain why the statement is wrong.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#983 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:37 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:22 am
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 am

The point is, SSS, when you put that statement in you get results exactly opposite of the statement and no mention of that poll.
I just did my own "scientific" test. I just typed in "the moon is made of green cheese" on Google, and guess what, all I got were sites debunking that statement and explaining where the "myth" originated. I guess the media has a conspiracy against cheeseheads as well.

If you enter something that's been shown to be untrue, you'll get sites that state the opposite or explain why the statement is wrong.
CNN has a special series on green cheese and the moon.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#984 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:57 pm

This thread has 40 pages. Is that a record?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22850
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#985 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:27 pm

If We Find Them, We’ll Take Appropriate Action’

https://ijr.com/hogan-gidley-trump-list ... 5959829626
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22850
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#986 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm

See ya!

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5091
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#987 Post by jarnon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm
See ya!

Image
It's not real. Still, it's eerie that the creator of the tweet happened to pick a date for it that's exactly 5 years ago.

User avatar
Buster Snopes
Myth Mashing Merry Man
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 am
Location: 221B Bored Street

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#988 Post by Buster Snopes » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:16 am

If only there were a way to easily verify information on the internet.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... dow-jones/

If only...
IMPOSSUMBLE!!!!

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#989 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:55 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm
See ya!

Image
Hoisted on your own petard.
Who needs the russians.
Has anyone ever thought that the russians might have planted the seed that they want trump re-elected as reverse psychology just to make the useful idiots like BJ even more insane? I don't think they care who gets elected, they just want the insanity to continue.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#990 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:13 am

Rush Limbaugh wrote:I think the coronavirus is an effort to get Trump. It’s one of the latest in a long line of efforts that the drive-by media is making to somehow say that Trump and capitalism are destroying America and destroying the world. It came from a country that Bernie Sanders wants to turn the United States into a mirror image of: Communist China. That’s where it came from. It didn’t come from an American lab. It didn’t escape from an American research lab. It hasn’t been spread by Americans. It starts out in a communist country. Its tentacles spread all across the world in numbers that are not big and not huge, but they’re being reported as just the opposite. Just trying to keep it all in perspective.
This from the man who extolled the virtues of cigar smoking to his audience for years. Sadly, what we need to fight the coronavirus isn't anti-science demagoguery and conspiracy theories from the likes of Limbaugh and Trump. It's the efforts of the CDC whose funding Trump has been trying to gut for the last three years and he now finally asks for some more funding.
Trump released his fiscal year 2020 federal budget proposal in March [2019], recommending huge cuts across the federal government, including a 12 percent cut to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and a 10 percent cut for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. At CDC, a reduction of that magnitude equates to a $750 million spending cut over fiscal year 2019. APHA member John Auerbach, MBA, president and CEO of Trust for America’s Health, said the proposed CDC cuts not only threaten federal public health capacity, they would have a “devastating” impact on state and local public health departments, which depend heavily on CDC dollars flowing down to the community level.
http://thenationshealth.aphapublication ... t/49/3/1.2
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#991 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 am

Highlights of Trump's press conference in India:
Donald Trump about Middle Eastern area maps wrote:In fact, they had [ISIS-held territory] painted a certain color. I won't tell you what color because it doesn't matter. Somebody will say it was a Republican color, so I don't want to get people confused. But it happened to be red.
Donald Trump to Jim Acosta - CNN wrote:If you see what CNN, your wonderful network, said, I guess they apologized, in a way, for, didn’t they apologize for the fact that they said certain things [about Russian interference] that weren’t true?. Tell me, what was their apology yesterday, what did they say?”
Jim Acosta wrote:Mr. President, I think our record on delivering the truth is a lot better than yours sometimes if you don’t mind me saying
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22850
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#992 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:25 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 am
Highlights of Trump's press conference in India:
Donald Trump about Middle Eastern area maps wrote:In fact, they had [ISIS-held territory] painted a certain color. I won't tell you what color because it doesn't matter. Somebody will say it was a Republican color, so I don't want to get people confused. But it happened to be red.
Donald Trump to Jim Acosta - CNN wrote:If you see what CNN, your wonderful network, said, I guess they apologized, in a way, for, didn’t they apologize for the fact that they said certain things [about Russian interference] that weren’t true?. Tell me, what was their apology yesterday, what did they say?”
Jim Acosta wrote:Mr. President, I think our record on delivering the truth is a lot better than yours sometimes if you don’t mind me saying
Someone needs to tell trump that the enemy territory is always colored red on military maps.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#993 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:25 am
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 am
Highlights of Trump's press conference in India:
Donald Trump about Middle Eastern area maps wrote:In fact, they had [ISIS-held territory] painted a certain color. I won't tell you what color because it doesn't matter. Somebody will say it was a Republican color, so I don't want to get people confused. But it happened to be red.
Donald Trump to Jim Acosta - CNN wrote:If you see what CNN, your wonderful network, said, I guess they apologized, in a way, for, didn’t they apologize for the fact that they said certain things [about Russian interference] that weren’t true?. Tell me, what was their apology yesterday, what did they say?”
Jim Acosta wrote:Mr. President, I think our record on delivering the truth is a lot better than yours sometimes if you don’t mind me saying
Someone needs to tell trump that the enemy territory is always colored red on military maps.
Since you want to be picayune, when I was but a youngster, repub-icans were BLUE and dem-crats were RED. Somehow that was changed. I suppose someone in the media decided to change it so that demo-rats weren't RED, the color of communism.

Color representation swap from original meaning
The choice of colors reverses a long-standing convention of political colors whereby red symbols (such as the red flag or red star) are associated with left-wing politics and right-wing movements often choose blue as a contrasting color.[11] Indeed, until the 1980s Democrats were often represented by red and Republicans by blue.[1] According to The Washington Post, the terms were coined by journalist Tim Russert during his televised coverage of the 2000 presidential election.[12] That was not the first election during which the news media used colored maps to depict voter preferences in the various states, but it was the first time a standard color scheme took hold; the colors were often reversed or different colors used before the 2000 election.
Contemporary use
The advent of color television prompted television news reporters to rely on color-coded electoral maps, though sources conflict as to the conventions they followed. One source claims that in the six elections prior to 2000 every Democrat but one had been coded red. It further claims that from 1976 to 2004 in an attempt to avoid favoritism in color-coding the broadcast networks standardized on the convention of alternating every four years between blue and red the color used for the incumbent party.[10][13]

According to another source, in 1976, John Chancellor, the anchorman for NBC Nightly News, asked his network's engineers to construct a large illuminated map of the United States. The map was placed in the network's election-night news studio. If Jimmy Carter, the Democratic candidate that year, won a state, it lit up in red whereas if Gerald Ford, the incumbent Republican President, carried a state, it was in blue.[1] The feature proved to be so popular that, four years later, all three major television networks used colors to designate the states won by the presidential candidates, though not all using the same color scheme. NBC continued its color scheme (blue for Republicans) until 1996.[1] NBC newsman David Brinkley famously referred to the 1980 election map outcome showing Republican Ronald Reagan's 44-state landslide as resembling a "suburban swimming pool."[14]

Since the 1984 election, CBS has used the opposite scheme: blue for Democrats, red for Republicans. ABC used yellow for Republicans and blue for Democrats in 1976, then red for Republicans and blue for Democrats in 1980 and 1984, and 1988. In 1980, when John Anderson ran a relatively high-profile campaign as an independent candidate, at least one network provisionally indicated that they would use yellow if he were to win a state. Similarly, at least one network would have used yellow to indicate a state won by Ross Perot in 1992 and 1996, though neither of them did claim any states in any of these years.

By 1996, color schemes were relatively mixed, as CNN, CBS, ABC, and The New York Times referred to Democratic states with the color blue and Republican ones as red, while Time and The Washington Post used an opposite scheme.[15][16][17] NBC used the color blue for the incumbent party, which is why the Democrats were represented by blue in 2000.

In the days following the 2000 election, whose outcome was unclear for some time after election day, major media outlets began conforming to the same color scheme because the electoral map was continually in view, and conformity made for easy and instant viewer comprehension. On Election Night that year, there was no coordinated effort to code Democratic states blue and Republican states red; the association gradually emerged. Partly as a result of this eventual and near-universal color-coding, the terms "red states" and "blue states" entered popular use in the weeks following the 2000 presidential election. After the results were final, journalists stuck with the color scheme, as The Atlantic's December 2001 cover story by David Brooks entitled, "One Nation, Slightly Divisible", illustrated.[18]

Thus, red and blue became fixed in the media and in many people's minds, despite the fact that no official color choices had been made by the parties.[19] Some Republicans argue the GOP should retain its historic link with blue, since most center-right parties worldwide are associated with blue. On March 14, 2014, the California Republican Party officially rejected red and adopted blue as its color. Archie Tse, The New York Times graphics editor who made the choice when the Times published its first color presidential election map in 2000, provided a nonpolitical rationale, explaining that "Both 'Republican' and 'red' start with the letter 'R.'"[20]
Jim Acosta is an ass-clown.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 5091
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#994 Post by jarnon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Archie Tse, The New York Times graphics editor who made the choice when the Times published its first color presidential election map in 2000, provided a nonpolitical rationale, explaining that "Both 'Republican' and 'red' start with the letter 'R.'"
I think that's why the color scheme caught on. But for someone like me old enough to remember the Cold War, it's jarring.

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18988
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#995 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:51 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm
Archie Tse, The New York Times graphics editor who made the choice when the Times published its first color presidential election map in 2000, provided a nonpolitical rationale, explaining that "Both 'Republican' and 'red' start with the letter 'R.'"
I think that's why the color scheme caught on. But for someone like me old enough to remember the Cold War, it's jarring.
It shouldn't be. Note which Party is in league with the Russians now. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#996 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:51 pm
jarnon wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm
Archie Tse, The New York Times graphics editor who made the choice when the Times published its first color presidential election map in 2000, provided a nonpolitical rationale, explaining that "Both 'Republican' and 'red' start with the letter 'R.'"
I think that's why the color scheme caught on. But for someone like me old enough to remember the Cold War, it's jarring.
It shouldn't be. Note which Party is in league with the Russians now. --Bob
With a communist as your front-running candidate and other socialists hanging on, you have the nerve to say something like that?
bobby, you are hanging on to a hoax, a myth, a canard. It's absolutely not true. It started because of a JOKE trump made, and hillary made it into an excuse.
Your side spent 3 years trying to gain ANY evidence to substantiate it, and COULD NOT. To your side goes the burden of proof, because you can't prove a negative, and you haven't come close to proving it. You need to come off it, but we all know you won't because that's ALL your party has. You have no ideas or policies other than how to spend other people's money. All you have is hating trump. It might be enough for the indoctrinated masses in your one-party home state, but not for the rest of the country.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17302
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#997 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:40 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:13 pm
It might be enough for the indoctrinated masses in your one-party home state, but not for the rest of the country.
Then how is it that Democrats picked up a net of 40 seats in the House in the last election?

And keep going with that "Bernie's a Communist" line. That worked in 1972, not 2020. Most people in this country by now either weren't around for the Cold War or don't care. And those who do care, like you, were never going to vote for any Democrat under any circumstances.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Estonut
Evil Genius
Posts: 9811
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#998 Post by Estonut » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:16 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:40 pm
Then how is it that Democrats picked up a net of 40 seats in the House in the last election?
You and Bob## keep bringing that up as if it's meaningful. From what I've read, that happens most of the time. It would have been more of a surprise if they had not.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18988
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#999 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:20 pm

Estonut wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:16 pm
silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:40 pm
Then how is it that Democrats picked up a net of 40 seats in the House in the last election?
You and Bob## keep bringing that up as if it's meaningful. From what I've read, that happens most of the time. It would have been more of a surprise if they had not.
Then you've been reading the wrong things. Some swing would have been consistent with history, though in light of the continuation of the Obama recovery, one would expect the swing to be muted. A swing of 40 seats means that large sections of the country are recoiling from the Republican Party. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply