Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#851 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:06 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
What gifts are trump receiving, and how does he use those gifts to show favoritism?
Representatives of dozens of foreign governments have spent time and money in Trump properties since he's been elected. That's income. Emoluments doesn't necessarily mean a gift. The definition is "a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office." He is profiting from these foreign governments doing business from him. The emoluments clause doesn't say he has to grant favors in exchange for the emoluments. Accepting them is illegal in and of itself. Granting favors in exchange for the business turns it into bribery.

Biden's adult son is not subject to the emoluments clause of the constitution or any other law that prohibits him from taking a cushy job that he got because his name was Biden.

I answer your questions. You either ignore or don't understand the answers.
So what you are saying is he ran for president so he could rent rooms in his hotels.
If this is what you think, you are insane.

VP Biden was subject to emoluments as much as trump, and his actions are much more relevant to the statute than trump's.

You didn't answer the question why would they pay him so much for nothing? What were they getting for their money?
Are you aware that foreign governments have been booking rooms in trump's hotels and then don't show up? Are you aware that foreign governments buy memberships at Mar-a-Largo?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#852 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 am

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#853 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17022
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#854 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:18 pm

North Korean Foreign Ministry adviser wrote:We are no longer interested in such talks [with the United States] that bring nothing to us. As we have got nothing in return, we will no longer gift the U.S. president with something he can boast of, but get compensation for the successes that President Trump is proud of as his administrative achievements.
This came after the U.S. called off military exercises with South Korea and asked the North Koreans for another meeting. I guess Trump has worn out his welcome with one of his few remaining international buddies. Well, he'll always have Putin.

https://apnews.com/766c1906bf954239988e6fe922e36821
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17022
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#855 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Trump's Sharpie is hard at work again today at his press conference:

Image
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#856 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 am

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#857 Post by jarnon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am

President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
President Trump wrote:I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#858 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:44 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am
President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
President Trump wrote:I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done.
Yeah, that should have been done 100 years ago.

Apparently no one's been chosen to appear on the coins.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#859 Post by jarnon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Bill O’Reilly: But what was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?

Donald Trump: Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know. I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he canceled a trip. But, you know, Rudy has other clients other than me. I'm one person.

O’Reilly: So, you didn't direct him to go there on your behalf?

Trump: No, but but you have to understand, Rudy is a great corruption fighter. He's one of the greatest in the last 50 years. He was the greatest mayor in the history of the city of New York, by far, much better than Bloomberg. I mean, Bloomberg when he took it over, the crime was in great shape. I mean, Rudy did a great job as mayor.

O’Reilly: Rudy Giuliani, he's your personal lawyer. So you didn't direct him to go to Ukraine to do anything or put any heat on them?

Trump: No, I didn't direct him but he's a warrior, Rudy's a warrior. Rudy went, he possibly saw something. But you have to understand, Rudy, as other people that he represents...

I think he's done work in Ukraine for years. You know, I've just absolutely done a lot of, he's done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years and I think, I mean that's what I heard. I might have even read that someplace, but he's a good man and he's an honorable guy and he's a great crime fighter, corruption fighter.

Image

User avatar
Bob78164
Bored Moderator
Posts: 18815
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: By the phone

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#860 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm
Bill O’Reilly: But what was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?

Donald Trump: Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know. I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he canceled a trip. But, you know, Rudy has other clients other than me. I'm one person.

O’Reilly: So, you didn't direct him to go there on your behalf?

Trump: No, but but you have to understand, Rudy is a great corruption fighter. He's one of the greatest in the last 50 years. He was the greatest mayor in the history of the city of New York, by far, much better than Bloomberg. I mean, Bloomberg when he took it over, the crime was in great shape. I mean, Rudy did a great job as mayor.

O’Reilly: Rudy Giuliani, he's your personal lawyer. So you didn't direct him to go to Ukraine to do anything or put any heat on them?

Trump: No, I didn't direct him but he's a warrior, Rudy's a warrior. Rudy went, he possibly saw something. But you have to understand, Rudy, as other people that he represents...

I think he's done work in Ukraine for years. You know, I've just absolutely done a lot of, he's done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years and I think, I mean that's what I heard. I might have even read that someplace, but he's a good man and he's an honorable guy and he's a great crime fighter, corruption fighter.

Image
I don't think Donny will throw Guiliani under the bus. Not because he's not willing to. But because Guiliani says things like this:

"I do not discuss my conversations with my client. You can assume that I talk with him early and often and have a very, very good relationship with him, and all these comments — which are totally insulting — I mean, I've seen things written like he's gonna throw me under the bus. When they say that, I say, 'He isn't, but I have insurance.'"

I guess Guiliani hasn't forgotten how to deal with mobsters. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#861 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Image
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#862 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 am

This one took a couple of days to develop, so bear with me.

Trump's in London for the NATO summit. To his credit, he allowed extra time for press questions after each of his meetings on Tuesday. However, his answers were full of misstatements about NATO, Ukraine, China, etc.

Fact check: Trump makes at least 21 false claims at NATO meetings

That evening, Canada, England and France had a laugh at his expense.



On Wednesday, he said Trudeau is two-faced, canceled his news conference, and headed home after his last few meetings.
Last edited by jarnon on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17022
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#863 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:44 pm

Two for the price of one:
Donald Trump wrote:The light bulb — they got rid of the light bulb that people got used to. The new bulb is many times more expensive, and, I hate to say it, it doesn't make you look as good. Of course, being a vain person that's very important to me. It gives you an orange look. I don't want an orange look. Has anyone noticed that? So we'll have to change those bulbs out at least a couple of rooms where I am in the White House.
We have a situation where we’re looking very strongly at sinks and showers. And other elements of bathrooms — where you turn the faucet on, in areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water, where the water rushes out to sea because you could never handle it — and you don’t get any water. You turn on the faucet and you don’t get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out, just dripping out, very quietly, dripping out. People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once. They end up using more water.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#864 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:44 pm
Two for the price of one:
Donald Trump wrote:The light bulb — they got rid of the light bulb that people got used to. The new bulb is many times more expensive, and, I hate to say it, it doesn't make you look as good. Of course, being a vain person that's very important to me. It gives you an orange look. I don't want an orange look. Has anyone noticed that? So we'll have to change those bulbs out at least a couple of rooms where I am in the White House.
We have a situation where we’re looking very strongly at sinks and showers. And other elements of bathrooms — where you turn the faucet on, in areas where there’s tremendous amounts of water, where the water rushes out to sea because you could never handle it — and you don’t get any water. You turn on the faucet and you don’t get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out, just dripping out, very quietly, dripping out. People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once. They end up using more water.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 360782002/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17022
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#865 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:32 am

Donald Trump addressing the Israeli/American Council 12/7/19 wrote: A lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all. But you have to vote for me—you have no choice. You’re not gonna vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that. You’re not gonna vote for the wealth tax. Yeah, let’s take 100% of your wealth away!
I await the usual defenses that Trump isn't really being anti-Semitic here.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#866 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:49 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:32 am
Donald Trump addressing the Israeli/American Council 12/7/19 wrote: A lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all. But you have to vote for me—you have no choice. You’re not gonna vote for Pocahontas, I can tell you that. You’re not gonna vote for the wealth tax. Yeah, let’s take 100% of your wealth away!


I await the usual defenses that Trump isn't really being anti-Semitic here.
Explain what exactly is anti semetic.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs

User avatar
jarnon
Posts: 4985
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Location: Merion, Pa.

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#867 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am

At recent rallies, Trump has appeared on stage with war criminals that he pardoned. Then his campaign tweeted a new ad:



What next, Evil Emperor Trump?

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 12850
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#868 Post by earendel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 am

jarnon wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am
At recent rallies, Trump has appeared on stage with war criminals that he pardoned. Then his campaign tweeted a new ad:



What next, Evil Emperor Trump?
I wonder if Disney will react to this appropriation of their IP.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17022
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#869 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:40 am

earendel wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 am
I wonder if Disney will react to this appropriation of their IP.
The creator of Thanos was not amused.
Jim Starlin wrote:After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer. "How sick is that? These are sad and strange times we are going through. Fortunately, all things, even national nightmares, eventually come to an end.
The Trump ad is probably legally protected against copyright infringement as a parody (it's not like situations in which a political candidate just uses a song in a commercial). But I'm not sure how much good this is going to do him. Comic book and comic movie fans don't tend to be a Republican demographic, and most will probably react the way Starlin did.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ad-1261553
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22673
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#870 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:24 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:40 am
earendel wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:28 am
I wonder if Disney will react to this appropriation of their IP.
The creator of Thanos was not amused.
Jim Starlin wrote:After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer. "How sick is that? These are sad and strange times we are going through. Fortunately, all things, even national nightmares, eventually come to an end.
The Trump ad is probably legally protected against copyright infringement as a parody (it's not like situations in which a political candidate just uses a song in a commercial). But I'm not sure how much good this is going to do him. Comic book and comic movie fans don't tend to be a Republican demographic, and most will probably react the way Starlin did.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ad-1261553
trump apparently has no idea of what happened to Thanos shortly after that scene.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
themanintheseersuckersuit
Posts: 7409
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#871 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm

I understand there was an election in the UK on December 12.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#872 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:45 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm
I understand there was an election in the UK on December 12.
Nothing of note to the left wing. Move on.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs

User avatar
silverscreenselect
Posts: 17022
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#873 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:56 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:45 pm
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm
I understand there was an election in the UK on December 12.
Nothing of note to the left wing. Move on.
1) People were tired of all the back-and-forth over the last three years and wanted the whole Brexit issue done with.

2) Jeremy Corbyn is a monumentally unpopular politician who makes Hillary Clinton look like Mother Theresa. A recent poll there found his popularity at -40 (21% favorable - 61% unfavorable).

3) Since the last election, the Conservatives moved more towards the middle on a number of issues like health care (major new funding of NHS hospitals and adding jobs). Here in the US, you won't see the Republicans budge one inch towards the center.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

User avatar
flockofseagulls104
Posts: 5174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#874 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:08 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:56 pm
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:45 pm
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 pm
I understand there was an election in the UK on December 12.
Nothing of note to the left wing. Move on.
1) People were tired of all the back-and-forth over the last three years and wanted the whole Brexit issue done with.

2) Jeremy Corbyn is a monumentally unpopular politician who makes Hillary Clinton look like Mother Theresa. A recent poll there found his popularity at -40 (21% favorable - 61% unfavorable).

3) Since the last election, the Conservatives moved more towards the middle on a number of issues like health care (major new funding of NHS hospitals and adding jobs). Here in the US, you won't see the Republicans budge one inch towards the center.
Of course. No being an apologist here.

You still haven't explained what exactly I missed that was anti-semetic about the quote you posted. Not all of us have the eagle eye for that kind of thing that you have.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs

Post Reply