Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Official Donny, Drumpf, Trump Thread

#851 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:06 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
What gifts are trump receiving, and how does he use those gifts to show favoritism?
Representatives of dozens of foreign governments have spent time and money in Trump properties since he's been elected. That's income. Emoluments doesn't necessarily mean a gift. The definition is "a salary, fee, or profit from employment or office." He is profiting from these foreign governments doing business from him. The emoluments clause doesn't say he has to grant favors in exchange for the emoluments. Accepting them is illegal in and of itself. Granting favors in exchange for the business turns it into bribery.

Biden's adult son is not subject to the emoluments clause of the constitution or any other law that prohibits him from taking a cushy job that he got because his name was Biden.

I answer your questions. You either ignore or don't understand the answers.
So what you are saying is he ran for president so he could rent rooms in his hotels.
If this is what you think, you are insane.

VP Biden was subject to emoluments as much as trump, and his actions are much more relevant to the statute than trump's.

You didn't answer the question why would they pay him so much for nothing? What were they getting for their money?
Are you aware that foreign governments have been booking rooms in trump's hotels and then don't show up? Are you aware that foreign governments buy memberships at Mar-a-Largo?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#852 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:08 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#853 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am

silverscreenselect

#854 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:18 pm

North Korean Foreign Ministry adviser wrote:We are no longer interested in such talks [with the United States] that bring nothing to us. As we have got nothing in return, we will no longer gift the U.S. president with something he can boast of, but get compensation for the successes that President Trump is proud of as his administrative achievements.
This came after the U.S. called off military exercises with South Korea and asked the North Koreans for another meeting. I guess Trump has worn out his welcome with one of his few remaining international buddies. Well, he'll always have Putin.

https://apnews.com/766c1906bf954239988e6fe922e36821
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#855 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Trump's Sharpie is hard at work again today at his press conference:

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#856 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 am

jarnon

#857 Post by jarnon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am

President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
President Trump wrote:I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done.

Bob Juch

#858 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:44 pm

jarnon wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am
President Trump signs the Woman's Suffrage Centennial Coin Act.
President Trump wrote:I'm curious why wasn't it done a long time ago? And also, I guess the answer to that is because now I'm president, we get things done.
Yeah, that should have been done 100 years ago.

Apparently no one's been chosen to appear on the coins.

jarnon

#859 Post by jarnon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Bill O’Reilly: But what was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?

Donald Trump: Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know. I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he canceled a trip. But, you know, Rudy has other clients other than me. I'm one person.

O’Reilly: So, you didn't direct him to go there on your behalf?

Trump: No, but but you have to understand, Rudy is a great corruption fighter. He's one of the greatest in the last 50 years. He was the greatest mayor in the history of the city of New York, by far, much better than Bloomberg. I mean, Bloomberg when he took it over, the crime was in great shape. I mean, Rudy did a great job as mayor.

O’Reilly: Rudy Giuliani, he's your personal lawyer. So you didn't direct him to go to Ukraine to do anything or put any heat on them?

Trump: No, I didn't direct him but he's a warrior, Rudy's a warrior. Rudy went, he possibly saw something. But you have to understand, Rudy, as other people that he represents...

I think he's done work in Ukraine for years. You know, I've just absolutely done a lot of, he's done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years and I think, I mean that's what I heard. I might have even read that someplace, but he's a good man and he's an honorable guy and he's a great crime fighter, corruption fighter.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#860 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:00 pm

jarnon wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm
Bill O’Reilly: But what was Rudy Giuliani doing in Ukraine on your behalf?

Donald Trump: Well, you have to ask that to Rudy, but Rudy, I don't, I don't even know. I know he was going to go to Ukraine and I think he canceled a trip. But, you know, Rudy has other clients other than me. I'm one person.

O’Reilly: So, you didn't direct him to go there on your behalf?

Trump: No, but but you have to understand, Rudy is a great corruption fighter. He's one of the greatest in the last 50 years. He was the greatest mayor in the history of the city of New York, by far, much better than Bloomberg. I mean, Bloomberg when he took it over, the crime was in great shape. I mean, Rudy did a great job as mayor.

O’Reilly: Rudy Giuliani, he's your personal lawyer. So you didn't direct him to go to Ukraine to do anything or put any heat on them?

Trump: No, I didn't direct him but he's a warrior, Rudy's a warrior. Rudy went, he possibly saw something. But you have to understand, Rudy, as other people that he represents...

I think he's done work in Ukraine for years. You know, I've just absolutely done a lot of, he's done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years and I think, I mean that's what I heard. I might have even read that someplace, but he's a good man and he's an honorable guy and he's a great crime fighter, corruption fighter.

I don't think Donny will throw Guiliani under the bus. Not because he's not willing to. But because Guiliani says things like this:

"I do not discuss my conversations with my client. You can assume that I talk with him early and often and have a very, very good relationship with him, and all these comments — which are totally insulting — I mean, I've seen things written like he's gonna throw me under the bus. When they say that, I say, 'He isn't, but I have insurance.'"

I guess Guiliani hasn't forgotten how to deal with mobsters. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#861 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:13 pm

jarnon

#862 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 am

This one took a couple of days to develop, so bear with me.

Trump's in London for the NATO summit. To his credit, he allowed extra time for press questions after each of his meetings on Tuesday. However, his answers were full of misstatements about NATO, Ukraine, China, etc.

Fact check: Trump makes at least 21 false claims at NATO meetings

That evening, Canada, England and France had a laugh at his expense.

On Wednesday, he said Trudeau is two-faced, canceled his news conference, and headed home after his last few meetings.