Stats for Ask the Audience?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
IronmanTim

Stats for Ask the Audience?

#1 Post by IronmanTim » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Are there any aggregate stats for how the Ask the Audience lifeline does at different question levels?

Ritterskoop

Re: Stats for Ask the Audience?

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:33 pm

I would think that would be hard to arrange since the questions levels were meaningless for a while.

Back in the day, the lower the level, the better they were, as long as the question was on pop culture. If the topic is a more normally rigorous field like science or history, they're not as helpful, and tend to pick the one they've heard of.

I know all that was kind of obvious but it's a slow day at work ...
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

triviawayne

#3 Post by triviawayne » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:12 pm

The level won't matter if they don't know it.

If you want a list of what is best to ask the audience, thinking of it in categories would be best. Usually the audience does better on pop culture type stuff; and is useless in level 3 of the game because you tend to see a 4-way split.

Think of it this way: most people in the audience couldn't pass the test, so how much do you really want to ask them hard trivia. They're great for answering Harry Potter questions if you've never read the books or seen the movies.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 pm

I think Jeff Gross (known here as FifteenQuestionsAway) used to maintain such statistics on his wwtbam.biz site, but I don't know if he's remained current, or even if the site is still up. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I think Jeff Gross (known here as FifteenQuestionsAway) used to maintain such statistics on his wwtbam.biz site, but I don't know if he's remained current, or even if the site is still up. --Bob
We haven't heard from my PAF in years.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I think Jeff Gross (known here as FifteenQuestionsAway) used to maintain such statistics on his wwtbam.biz site, but I don't know if he's remained current, or even if the site is still up.
We haven't heard from my PAF in years.
Wrong again. He made several posts in March. You even replied to him twice.

He is actually known here as 15QuestionsAway.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx