IT IS FAKE NEWS (Trump is right)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: IT IS FAKE NEWS (Trump is right)

#76 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:41 am

Definition of collusion
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose acting in collusion with the enemy
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#77 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Definition of collusion
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose acting in collusion with the enemy
Something like this?

"Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#78 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 am

Bob78164 wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Definition of collusion
Something like this?

"Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email." --Bob
The three people: Moe, Larry and Curley.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

themanintheseersuckersuit

#79 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:16 am

Why was it even plausible that the Russian (or anyone) had dirt in Mrs. Clinton?
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

silverscreenselect

#80 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Why was it even plausible that the Russian (or anyone) had dirt in Mrs. Clinton?
In today's world, it's hard to find a politician about whom it's not plausible to imagine someone uncovering dirt about.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#81 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:09 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Why was it even plausible that the Russian (or anyone) had dirt in Mrs. Clinton?
You'll have to ask Junior that question. He's already admitted that's why he took the meeting. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#82 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Wolf -> Wolf -> Wolf!
Who knows? Maybe it's true this time. But because I've heard it so much, I'll have to see the wolf before I'll believe it. That's the problem with all the fake news that's been going on by the MSM.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#83 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:44 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Wolf -> Wolf -> Wolf!
Who knows? Maybe it's true this time. But because I've heard it so much, I'll have to see the wolf before I'll believe it. That's the problem with all the fake news that's been going on by the MSM.
Read the e-mails for yourself. They clearly demonstrate that Donny's denials that his campaign coordinated with the Russian government were a lie. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#84 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:09 pm

While we're on the subject of fake news:

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-friends-cor ... ied-634916

flockofseagulls104

#85 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:38 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:While we're on the subject of fake news:

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-friends-cor ... ied-634916
Yup, that's #FAKE NEWS.

Bob Juch

#86 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Read the e-mails for yourself. They clearly demonstrate that Donny's denials that his campaign coordinated with the Russian government were a lie. --Bob
The only question is how long will Uday's sentence be.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#87 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
There's nothing clear here, bob. Only in your mind.

BackInTex

#88 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Read[/url] the e-mails for yourself. They clearly demonstrate that Donny's denials that his campaign coordinated with the Russian government were a lie. --Bob
Bob, how and when, specifically, did the campaign coordinate with the Russian government? I've read the email chain. There is nothing I see that says that or implies it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#89 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Read[/url] the e-mails for yourself. They clearly demonstrate that Donny's denials that his campaign coordinated with the Russian government were a lie. --Bob
Bob, how and when, specifically, did the campaign coordinate with the Russian government? I've read the email chain. There is nothing I see that says that or implies it.
Paul Manafort (Donny's campaign manager) and Jared Kushner (a member of Donny's campaign) agreed to take a meeting with a woman identified as a lawyer for the Russian government to receive "some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father." This offer was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." Junior's reply: "{I}f it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer." That's collusion with the Russian government, performed via a meeting with Donny's campaign manager.

Manafort, by the way, has acknowledged receiving the e-mail chain but he claims he didn't read all the way through it. Kushner has maintained radio silence. --Bob

BackInTex

#90 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Paul Manafort (Donny's campaign manager) and Jared Kushner (a member of Donny's campaign) agreed to take a meeting with a woman identified as a lawyer for the Russian government to receive "some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father." This offer was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." Junior's reply: "{I}f it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer." That's collusion with the Russian government, performed via a meeting with Donny's campaign manager.

Manafort, by the way, has acknowledged receiving the e-mail chain but he claims he didn't read all the way through it. Kushner has maintained radio silence. --Bob
Attempted collusion at best. But no collusion. And no crime.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#91 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

But even if nothing happened, he should have disclosed the meeting a long time ago. Why do we give so much ammunition to the disloyal opposition?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#92 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Not correct. Soliciting such assistance is a crime. And I'm pretty sure that disclosure forms are executed under penalty of perjury so Kushner, who failed to disclose the meeting on his disclosure form, appears to be guilty of perjury.

And let's not forget that the Attorney General lied under oath at his confirmation hearing when he denied ever meeting with agents of the Russian government during the campaign. Let's not forget that Junior scoffed at the very notion that the campaign was interested in help from the Russian government, when he had put in writing his interest in exactly that assistance. Most importantly, let's not forget that they had direct evidence that a hostile foreign government was attempting to directly interfere in U.S. elections and they didn't report it to the FBI or to anyone else in authority. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#93 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:29 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Paul Manafort (Donny's campaign manager) and Jared Kushner (a member of Donny's campaign) agreed to take a meeting with a woman identified as a lawyer for the Russian government to receive "some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father." This offer was "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." Junior's reply: "{I}f it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer." That's collusion with the Russian government, performed via a meeting with Donny's campaign manager.

But even if nothing happened, he should have disclosed the meeting a long time ago. Why do we give so much ammunition to the disloyal opposition?
You're calling us the disloyal opposition? We didn't invite a hostile foreign government to interfere in our election. Perhaps, Pot, you'd like to rethink your name for this particular kettle. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#94 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:05 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
You're calling us the disloyal opposition? We didn't invite a hostile foreign government to interfere in our election. Perhaps, Pot, you'd like to rethink your name for this particular kettle. --Bob
Why, then, do you dismiss everything the Clintons have done, but have believed every bit of gossip and rumor about trump? Why are you more interested in getting trump jr investigated and questioned for tampering with an election, but have no interest in the same for Loretta Lynch, Susan Rice, Debbie Schultz, John Podesta, etc? Because you are more loyal to your party and your misguided ideology than to your country.
I am skeptical about all this 'Russian Collusion' crap, but at least I am not totally divorced from reality like you. We need to find out why Jr, Kushner and especially Manafort didn't report this meeting.

silverscreenselect

#95 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:06 am

Why, then, do you dismiss everything the Clintons have done, but have believed every bit of gossip and rumor about trump? Why are you more interested in getting trump jr investigated and questioned for tampering with an election, but have no interest in the same for Loretta Lynch, Susan Rice, Debbie Schultz, John Podesta, etc? Because you are more loyal to your party and your misguided ideology than to your country.
Because the Clintons have been investigated, and investigated, and investigated, and investigated, and investigated, and investigated for close to 30 years now and all the investigations wind up going nowhere. This includes investigations launched by Republicans out for Clinton blood and all the alt-right news organizations that have been skulking around after the Clintons for two decades.

The press has uncovered more about Trump and associates in six months than everyone combined has on the Clintons in 30 years. We don't know what the special prosecutor will find, but it's a safe bet there's some goodies that haven't been leaked to the press yet.

And I might add that those who keep screaming Fake News and "nothing there" (only to be contradicted when the next bombshell hits, pretty much proving more Trump and co. denials to be lies), kept going after the Obama birth certificate fiasco for five years, never uncovering anything new, only for some of them to admit there was nothing there.

BackInTex

#96 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:59 am

silverscreenselect wrote: The press has uncovered more about Trump and associates in six months than everyone combined has on the Clintons in 30 years.
Nothing has been found, only alleged, and then some even retracted.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#97 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:04 am

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: The press has uncovered more about Trump and associates in six months than everyone combined has on the Clintons in 30 years.
How about yesterday's e-mails, or the various times Trump and associates have wound up admitting some of the allegations.

BackInTex

#98 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
How about yesterday's e-mails, or the various times Trump and associates have wound up admitting some of the allegations.
The press uncovered the emails from yesterday? Still, they were nothing.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#99 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:32 am

BackInTex wrote:
Well, when there was an issue raised, trump jr released all his emails. And he is willing to testify in public to whatever committee wants him. I will give him that. Hillary Clinton resisted every investigation every step of the way, we still DON'T KNOW about all her emails. She has lied about many things, at least as much as trump has, but people like bob are not concerned about any lies that come from dems, only repubs. Loretta Lynch has not been investigated, although there is a million times as much evidence of wrong doing as there is against trump.

If the press was as committed to destoying the Clintons as much as they are destorying trump, the Clintons would currently both be serving prison terms.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#100 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:34 am

BackInTex wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
The press uncovered the emails from yesterday? Still, they were nothing.
Yes, they did. Junior published them only after the New York Times alerted him that they were going to. And they certainly weren't nothing. At a bare minimum, they're written proof that he's a liar. And from where I sit, the discussion regarding timing of the release of material adverse to Secretary Clinton sure looks like "coordination" (the statutory term) with a foreign and hostile government.

Attempting a criminal act is usually a crime even when the crime doesn't actually happen. So is soliciting a criminal act. There's a reason Junior has lawyered up. And there's a reason that pretty much everyone around him is calling him an idiot both for taking the meeting and for putting it in writing. --Bob