2015 Audition List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
K.P.

Re: 2015 Audition List

#51 Post by K.P. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:06 pm

The Happy Email has arrived. In the contestant pool. :)

eybyon

#52 Post by eybyon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:54 pm

My first post in 6 years, I think! I submitted an audition video last Sunday and got a call back the next day. They asked me to fill out an application and email it back to them with a photo. I did that the same day, but haven't heard back from them since. Getting concerned!

It appears that the next step, assuming they haven't cut me, is a Skype interview. Anyone know what happens at this interview?

K.P.

#53 Post by K.P. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm

eybyon wrote:My first post in 6 years, I think! I submitted an audition video last Sunday and got a call back the next day. They asked me to fill out an application and email it back to them with a photo. I did that the same day, but haven't heard back from them since. Getting concerned!

It appears that the next step, assuming they haven't cut me, is a Skype interview. Anyone know what happens at this interview?
During that phone call you got, they should have set up a date and time for your Skype interview. During the Skype interview, they will discuss some of the interesting things on your application. Converse with your interviewer as if you were discussing it with the host.

After that interview, you'll be asked some Millionaire questions. Again, approach them as if you were on the show. Talk out your logic, etc.

Good luck!

eybyon

#54 Post by eybyon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:59 pm

K.P. wrote:During that phone call you got, they should have set up a date and time for your Skype interview. During the Skype interview, they will discuss some of the interesting things on your application. Converse with your interviewer as if you were discussing it with the host.

After that interview, you'll be asked some Millionaire questions. Again, approach them as if you were on the show. Talk out your logic, etc.

Good luck!
Thanks! Interestingly we didn't set a date for a Skype interview on the initial call. He only called to confirm my contact info and asked me to fill out and return the application he was going to email to me. His email said after he receives my application we can move on from there.

K.P.

#55 Post by K.P. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:39 pm

eybyon wrote:
K.P. wrote:During that phone call you got, they should have set up a date and time for your Skype interview. During the Skype interview, they will discuss some of the interesting things on your application. Converse with your interviewer as if you were discussing it with the host.

Good luck!
Thanks! Interestingly we didn't set a date for a Skype interview on the initial call. He only called to confirm my contact info and asked me to fill out and return the application he was going to email to me. His email said after he receives my application we can move on from there.
Ok. You'll probably set an appointment soon.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#56 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:23 pm

HOYA86, auditioned April 23, :)
emi, auditioned May 7, :)
Vidiot, auditioned May 12, :)
The_Raven, auditioned May 26, :)
ghostjmf, auditioned June 10, :(
Bob78164, auditioned June 19, passed written test
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

leszekmp

#57 Post by leszekmp » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:34 am

I guess you can add me to the happy email list. Auditioned in Phoenix 6/17, got the email the next day.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#58 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 pm

leszekmp wrote:I guess you can add me to the happy email list. Auditioned in Phoenix 6/17, got the email the next day.
Yay!! Good luck!!!!!!!!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ghostjmf

#59 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Do they know you're going to eat their drapes?! Here's hoping you get on & show them.

I'd like to see a season of people who came to play.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#60 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:44 pm

leszekmp wrote:I guess you can add me to the happy email list. Auditioned in Phoenix 6/17, got the email the next day.
Great! Including a video audition? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

leszekmp

#61 Post by leszekmp » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Yup - first time in 4-5 tries that I made it to the video interview.

I doubt I'm going to eat anyone's drapes. There are lots of Millionaire questions where I would've had to guess, and often would have guessed wrong. I'd need the perfect stack to do well.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#62 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:08 pm

leszekmp wrote:Yup - first time in 4-5 tries that I made it to the video interview.

I doubt I'm going to eat anyone's drapes. There are lots of Millionaire questions where I would've had to guess, and often would have guessed wrong. I'd need the perfect stack to do well.
Here's hoping.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#63 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:25 pm

leszekmp, auditioned June 17, :)

4evrjoy

#64 Post by 4evrjoy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:53 pm

I auditioned 6/3 and did the written test, interview and the camera interview. I was shocked and surprised since I have never auditioned for a game show before. I got my contestant pool email on 06/09. I'm hoping to get a call, and have been scouring the internet like a crazy person trying to see if anyone knows the taping dates, and if anyone has been called yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for a call and a decent win. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will say they definitely want people who are hammy, energetic, and smile a lot. They are watching you from the moment you get in line. I was a bit grumpy because it was cold and rainy, but my adrenaline kicked in at the dancing they had us do, and I walked away with 2 tshirts. Myself and four other people at my table passed the test, but not sure if they got camera interview callbacks. There were a lot of people who did not make it to the camera audition who acted like jerks when they were dismissed...

That's all I've got for now, and hopefully I get to put my trivia knowledge to use soon...I would LOVE to get a call.

-Dayo

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#65 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:07 pm

4evrjoy wrote:I auditioned 6/3 and did the written test, interview and the camera interview. I was shocked and surprised since I have never auditioned for a game show before. I got my contestant pool email on 06/09. I'm hoping to get a call, and have been scouring the internet like a crazy person trying to see if anyone knows the taping dates, and if anyone has been called yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for a call and a decent win. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will say they definitely want people who are hammy, energetic, and smile a lot. They are watching you from the moment you get in line. I was a bit grumpy because it was cold and rainy, but my adrenaline kicked in at the dancing they had us do, and I walked away with 2 tshirts. Myself and four other people at my table passed the test, but not sure if they got camera interview callbacks. There were a lot of people who did not make it to the camera audition who acted like jerks when they were dismissed...

That's all I've got for now, and hopefully I get to put my trivia knowledge to use soon...I would LOVE to get a call.

-Dayo
Welcome aBored, and congratulations! Would you care to tell us a bit about yourself? --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#66 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm

4everjoy, auditioned June 3, :)
leszekmp, auditioned June 17, :)

leszekmp

#67 Post by leszekmp » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 pm

4evrjoy wrote:I'm hoping to get a call, and have been scouring the internet like a crazy person trying to see if anyone knows the taping dates, and if anyone has been called yet.
-Dayo
When I auditioned on 6/17, I was told that they'd be taping July and August. I'm in the pool with you, sitting, waiting (wading?), and hoping.

TheConfessor

#68 Post by TheConfessor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:38 pm

leszekmp wrote:
4evrjoy wrote:I'm hoping to get a call, and have been scouring the internet like a crazy person trying to see if anyone knows the taping dates, and if anyone has been called yet.
-Dayo
When I auditioned on 6/17, I was told that they'd be taping July and August. I'm in the pool with you, sitting, waiting (wading?), and hoping.
Leszek, you must have hired a new dancing coach!

leszekmp

#69 Post by leszekmp » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:03 pm

TheConfessor wrote:Leszek, you must have hired a new dancing coach!
Yup - Elaine Benes.

K.P.

#70 Post by K.P. » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:05 pm

leszekmp wrote:
-Dayo
The official rules say that the program production year runs from June to December. I wonder if that's outdated or if shows just spend that much time in post. If they do the whole season in two months, that must be a pretty tight schedule. What do they get? 35 weeks of shows per year?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#71 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 pm

And they have to work around the new host's schedule with his other show(s)...
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Bob Juch

#72 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:48 pm

K.P. wrote:
leszekmp wrote:
-Dayo
The official rules say that the program production year runs from June to December. I wonder if that's outdated or if shows just spend that much time in post. If they do the whole season in two months, that must be a pretty tight schedule. What do they get? 35 weeks of shows per year?
JulieF tapes on July 6th.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

K.P.

#73 Post by K.P. » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote: JulieF tapes on July 6th.
Correct. June to December.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#74 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:58 am

K.P. wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: JulieF tapes on July 6th.
Correct. June to December.
Did you audition? If so, when? Did you pass the test? Did you get the video interview? --Bob

Jeemie

#75 Post by Jeemie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:54 am

Now that they've restored the old money tree, I guess I better get to work on my video audition...
1979 City of Champions 2009