Wedding Blog: BD**2 - whatever the heck many days are left

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - whatever the heck many days are left

#1 Post by gsabc » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:48 am

I have told BD that she should never ever allow FSIL to buy, or even be near, a motorcycle. Or a skateboard. He has had a number of injuries since joining up, some his fault, some coincidental. His unit was out on maneuvers the last couple of days. As he was coming up a stairway or something (I didn't get details), the guy behind him knocked him back down it. Tore an ACL and possibly broke the leg. As I said, details are lacking. This is added onto the shoulder injury (requiring an operation), back injury (requiring an operation), and a few more minor ones, i.e., not requiring an operation, that he has acquired in these last few years of soldiering. At this point, I'll be happy if he isn't coming down the aisle on crutches or in a wheelchair.

I am burnt out. I will hereafter take mmff's advice, or whoever's it was, and avoid Philadelphia for connections. The short version is that the weather on Wednesday screwed with air traffic through there enough that my connection to Williamsport got cancelled, and I had to drive there starting at 9 PM. Got into bed at 1 AM, having gotten up at 5:15 AM the previous morning, with the audit at 8:30 AM a half-hour's drive away. Got home last night around 10:30, actually a little earlier than expected (helluva tailwind, apparently). I'm gettin' too old for two consecutive late nights. So see ya later, dudes and dudettes.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

Re: Wedding Blog: BD**2 - whatever the heck many days are le

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:57 am

gsabc wrote:I have told BD that she should never ever allow FSIL to buy, or even be near, a motorcycle. Or a skateboard. He has had a number of injuries since joining up, some his fault, some coincidental. His unit was out on maneuvers the last couple of days. As he was coming up a stairway or something (I didn't get details), the guy behind him knocked him back down it. Tore an ACL and possibly broke the leg. As I said, details are lacking. This is added onto the shoulder injury (requiring an operation), back injury (requiring an operation), and a few more minor ones, i.e., not requiring an operation, that he has acquired in these last few years of soldiering. At this point, I'll be happy if he isn't coming down the aisle on crutches or in a wheelchair.

I am burnt out. I will hereafter take mmff's advice, or whoever's it was, and avoid Philadelphia for connections. The short version is that the weather on Wednesday screwed with air traffic through there enough that my connection to Williamsport got cancelled, and I had to drive there starting at 9 PM. Got into bed at 1 AM, having gotten up at 5:15 AM the previous morning, with the audit at 8:30 AM a half-hour's drive away. Got home last night around 10:30, actually a little earlier than expected (helluva tailwind, apparently). I'm gettin' too old for two consecutive late nights. So see ya later, dudes and dudettes.
It was my advice about Philly airport. I did not heed that advice until I got slammed to the ground by them.

Sorry they got you as well.

Maybe fsil is the next Gerald Ford.