Zimmerman not guilty

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: Zimmerman not guilty

#176 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:51 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
They could get George to admit that he showed his gun before the fight began,
Where do you get this stuff? You write it as if it's a fact, when it's nothing but biased speculation.

The case went through the legal system. It had a result. You and many others didn't like and are not satisfied with the result. Is mob rule preferable? Because that's what this is sounding like.
The case had a result under the rules applicable to criminal cases, namely that the defendant does not have to testify and be subject to cross examination. Plus, he essentially gave his version of what happened during police interviews, and this version, without cross examination, was submitted to the jury.

Since Trayvon wasn't around to testify and no one else witnessed the key moments of the encounter, George's unsworn, untested version was all the jury had to go on. We don't know the facts, much as people like you seem to want to avoid having them come out.

And, in case you're not aware, our legal system has two branches, civil and criminal. Civil justice allows those of us who are injured by the acts of a person to be compensated by that person, regardless of whether there are any criminal penalties for what can be proved in any criminal trial. This case has not gone through the civil justice system and there has been no result.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#177 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:50 pm

jarnon wrote:...which would explain Trayvon's response.
???

What response? Him assaulting Zimmerman? What about him just being a thug and not respecting authority and so he just takes out the lifetime of pent up frustration about being a poor black who can't make something of himself because of whitey? You want to assign blame, start with Sharpton and Jackson, then Martin's parents and then Trayvon himself.

I see this mentality all the time. My wife sees it daily at work.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#178 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:07 am

BackInTex wrote: being a poor black who can't make something of himself because of whitey?

I see this mentality all the time. My wife sees it daily at work.
Of course, now he'll never be able to make anything of himself because of Zimmerman.

I'm guessing your source for all of your insight into Trayvon's behavior, in addition to the vast amounts of time you and your wife spend with the black community in general, are the reports about what was found on his cellphone and his online posts and the fact he had been suspended for pot possession and graffiti. I have yet to see any actual report of Martin engaging in violent behavior, certainly not to the extent that his critics have portrayed him. Certainly not like two actual arrests for assaulting a police officer and an ex-fiancée and being fired from a bouncer job for getting too rough with the customers.

Many teenagers have an active fantasy life, especially with the ease that the Internet now allows people to create and "live out" an online persona. Martin's tweets indicate that he wanted to have people think of him as a tough guy, just like a lot of other teenagers like to be thought of as cool or sexually sophisticated when they're far from either. He also had a lot of typically innocent immature tweets such as those about how much he enjoyed Scooby Snacks and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Somehow, those tweets, which are equally ridiculous but much less inflammatory, never get discussed. I'm guessing that if we looked at your daughters' online tweets and text messages you'd see a lot of silliness and a lot of posts that didn't reflect their real character.

Of course, if Martin was really a thug in the making, why did he run away from the "creepy" Zimmerman in the first place? Why not just confront him in the street when Zimmerman first started following him? Do you really think he changed from a frightened teen into a thug gang banger somewhere along that block he was running and hatched a plan to ambush Zimmerman that depended on figuring out exactly when and where Zimmerman was going to try to confront him in a strange neighborhood after dark?

A more realistic view of online tweeting:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/com ... _blog.html

Bob Juch

#179 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:49 am

ne1410s wrote:The legal system works.

Zimmerman and OJ are innocent.
No, they're not guilty.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#180 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:51 am

Where do you get this stuff? You write it as if it's a fact, when it's nothing but biased speculation.
So says the guy who quotes Zimmerman's statements as if they were proven fact.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#181 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
So says the guy who quotes Zimmerman's statements as if they were proven fact.
Excuse me, when exactly do you think I have done that? Show me where I've quoted anyone's statements in any aspect of this topic.

And of course, you don't answer the question, you just change the subject with a false accusation.

And you know what? Since this is you, I will expect a specific acknowledgment that you were wrong AND AN APOLOGY. I've done that before. You make outrageous and offensive statements here all the time, and I've never seen you take responsibility for anything when you are proven wrong.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Estonut
Evil Genius

#182 Post by Estonut » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:59 pm

IIRC, some here said they'd welcome having this guy for a neighbor. This is his third police encounter since being acquitted in July.

George Zimmerman in Custody After Gun Incident
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#183 Post by BackInTex » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:12 pm

I have a selfish husband. And I think George is all about George," she said.
After announcing plans to divorce him earlier this month, Shellie told ABC News in an exclusive interview on Friday
:|
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

themanintheseersuckersuit

#184 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Estonut wrote:IIRC, some here said they'd welcome having this guy for a neighbor. This is his third police encounter since being acquitted in July.

Custody? What is this Custody you are speaking of? Oh you mean he is talking to the police.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#185 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:19 pm

Estonut wrote:IIRC, some here said they'd welcome having this guy for a neighbor. This is his third police encounter since being acquitted in July.

The news says his wife isn't pressing charges. Apparently Florida isn't one of the states where that doesn't matter.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#186 Post by Estonut » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 pm

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#187 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:12 pm

Estonut wrote:It's been 2 months. Zimmerman is in trouble with the law again.
Here's a list, starting in 2005, of his run-ins with the law:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

BackInTex

#188 Post by BackInTex » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

He's related to you, right?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#189 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

He's related to you, right?
Probably.

a1mamacat

#190 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Wonder if the girlfriend was wearing a hoodie???
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

silverscreenselect

#191 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Looks like Zimmerman won't be packing any heat for a while. The judge conditioned his bail on his not possessing guns or ammo, which I guess includes the shotgun he pointed at his girlfriend's face.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/judge-to-decid ... ail/nbxYc/

#192 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:50 pm

DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Durham jury found former Duke Lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum guilty of second-degree murder Friday.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=9335974
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#193 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:26 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Durham jury found former Duke Lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum guilty of second-degree murder Friday.
How does that connect to Zimmerman?

jarnon

#194 Post by jarnon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
I suppose they both show that a person's character will become apparent in the long run. A person may be found not guilty of a particular crime, but if he's a scumbag, he'll screw up eventually. (Also see O.J. Simpson.)
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#195 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:28 pm

jarnon wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I suppose they both show that a person's character will become apparent in the long run. A person may be found not guilty of a particular crime, but if he's a scumbag, he'll screw up eventually. (Also see O.J. Simpson.)
I think it might have to do also with which characters one has a predilection to keep in the public eye for flogging, depending on your "confirmation bias", like that...
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#196 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Looks like George was ready in case some suspicious looking black teenagers in hoodies came after him. According to the police, when he was arrested, he was carrying a 12-gauge shotgun, an AR-15 assault rifle, three handguns and 100 rounds of ammunition. As a law abiding citizen, if I saw him in the street packing heat like that, I'd certainly feel much safer. I'm surprised he was able to juggle all that much heat without dropping anything.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... o/3756173/

Bob Juch

#197 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:48 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Looks like George was ready in case some suspicious looking black teenagers in hoodies came after him. According to the police, when he was arrested, he was carrying a 12-gauge shotgun, an AR-15 assault rifle, three handguns and 100 rounds of ammunition. As a law abiding citizen, if I saw him in the street packing heat like that, I'd certainly feel much safer. I'm surprised he was able to juggle all that much heat without dropping anything.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... o/3756173/
He had those but not on his person; they were in his girlfriend's house.

#198 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Tea Party Boy ‏@ppfVikesFan 27m
@PoliticsPaladin @instapundit @JustinRWalton @YahooNews When I have 100 rounds of ammunition, I'm out of ammunition.
Suitguy is not bitter.

#199 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Its a trap!
George Zimmerman's girlfriend who called Florida police to say he was breaking her stuff and was brandishing a weapon no longer wants to press charges against him and instead wants to get back together with him.

Zimmerman, 30, who faces a felony aggravated assault charge as well as lesser charges stemming from the incident, is asking to have conditions of his bail modified so he can resume contact with Samantha Scheibe.

According to court documents filed by Zimmerman's attorney Jayne Weintraub, Scheibe, 27, gave a sworn statement in which she wrote, "I do not want George Zimmerman charged."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... d=21153527
Suitguy is not bitter.

silverscreenselect

#200 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:52 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Its a trap!
George Zimmerman's girlfriend who called Florida police to say he was breaking her stuff and was brandishing a weapon no longer wants to press charges against him and instead wants to get back together with him.

Zimmerman, 30, who faces a felony aggravated assault charge as well as lesser charges stemming from the incident, is asking to have conditions of his bail modified so he can resume contact with Samantha Scheibe.

According to court documents filed by Zimmerman's attorney Jayne Weintraub, Scheibe, 27, gave a sworn statement in which she wrote, "I do not want George Zimmerman charged."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... d=21153527
If you had a dollar for every abused wife or girlfriend who decided to give her abuser a second or third or fourth chance and eventually regretted it, you could retire.