Zimmerman not guilty

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Zimmerman not guilty

#226 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:24 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#227 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Image
I wonder how many mugshots Nelson Mandela had.

Bob, I know you understand, but a mugshot only means someone has been taken into custody. That's it.

I'm pretty sure you know someone close to you that has mugshots for events they were not guilty of.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#228 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
I wonder how many mugshots Nelson Mandela had.

Bob, I know you understand, but a mugshot only means someone has been taken into custody. That's it.

I'm pretty sure you know someone close to you that has mugshots for events they were not guilty of.
No, everyone in my family with mugshots were guilty as charged.

Please tell me you're not seriously comparing Zimmerman to Nelson Mandela.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Flybrick

#229 Post by Flybrick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Mr. Zimmerman doesn't appear to be somebody I'd be associated with if given a choice.

Regardless, he was found not guilty of any crime regarding Trayvon Martin.

Like the verdict or not, there is one that matters. Not your opinion, but the 12 that found him 'not guilty.' One assumes justice was exercised to best of the prosecutor's and defense's abilities as judged by the, er, judge. The jury therefore found him not guilty.

My point is how much of his behavior since his wanted or unwanted fame is both caused by his vilification and covered because of it?

Are you seriously, if so clumsily, arguing that past or post-events have a bearing on the Martin verdict?

Interesting. Willing to apply that to the various "hands' up, don't shoot!" crowd?

"Little" 6'+, 180lbs, dope-smoking, gang-signing Trayvon and/or the "gentle giant" of Ferguson who minutes before a cop shot him in self-defense was strong-arming a 5' 120lb. shopowner trying to protect his property?

Bob Juch

#230 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:38 pm

Flybrick wrote:Mr. Zimmerman doesn't appear to be somebody I'd be associated with if given a choice.

Regardless, he was found not guilty of any crime regarding Trayvon Martin.

Like the verdict or not, there is one that matters. Not your opinion, but the 12 that found him 'not guilty.' One assumes justice was exercised to best of the prosecutor's and defense's abilities as judged by the, er, judge. The jury therefore found him not guilty.

My point is how much of his behavior since his wanted or unwanted fame is both caused by his vilification and covered because of it?

Are you seriously, if so clumsily, arguing that past or post-events have a bearing on the Martin verdict?

Interesting. Willing to apply that to the various "hands' up, don't shoot!" crowd?

"Little" 6'+, 180lbs, dope-smoking, gang-signing Trayvon and/or the "gentle giant" of Ferguson who minutes before a cop shot him in self-defense was strong-arming a 5' 120lb. shopowner trying to protect his property?
Don't try to tell me that a cop executing an unarmed man from 40 feet away was self defense.

The D.A. who did not zealously prosecute Zimmerman.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#231 Post by Estonut » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 pm

You are wrong. We are not of a single opinion.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#232 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:22 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
If only the prosecutors would have had you testify so the jury could have heard all the facts.
Trials aren't about having the jury hear all the facts. Trials are the two opposing sides' efforts to have the jury hear only those facts each wants the jury to hear. The winner is usually the side that does the better job of this. Obviously, in the Zimmerman case, the defense did a better job.

By your logic regarding Zimmerman's history of police encounters, we should always refer to Osama bin Laden as a "suspected" terrorist because he was never convicted of anything either.

And no matter what you've got to say about George Zimmerman, I've got a feeling you wouldn't want any of your daughters dating a guy like him.
bin Laden admitted and claimed credit for his actions. Zimmerman has always plead not guilty, and so far, through all the legal processes he has been found to be not guilty.
So was OJ. But he was found civilly liable. Combination of better lawyers and different burden of proof. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#233 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Trials aren't about having the jury hear all the facts. Trials are the two opposing sides' efforts to have the jury hear only those facts each wants the jury to hear. The winner is usually the side that does the better job of this. Obviously, in the Zimmerman case, the defense did a better job.

By your logic regarding Zimmerman's history of police encounters, we should always refer to Osama bin Laden as a "suspected" terrorist because he was never convicted of anything either.

And no matter what you've got to say about George Zimmerman, I've got a feeling you wouldn't want any of your daughters dating a guy like him.
bin Laden admitted and claimed credit for his actions. Zimmerman has always plead not guilty, and so far, through all the legal processes he has been found to be not guilty.
So was OJ. But he was found civilly liable. Combination of better lawyers and different burden of proof. --Bob
And somebody found a photo of the shoes.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Flybrick

#234 Post by Flybrick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:54 am

Darn those aftermaths that don't fit the baying crowd's expectations...

The charges against Zimmerman were dropped this week after his girlfriend recanted.

Bob Juch

#235 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Flybrick wrote:Darn those aftermaths that don't fit the baying crowd's expectations...

The charges against Zimmerman were dropped this week after his girlfriend recanted.
That doesn't mean she was lying in her first report.

mellytu74

#236 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Flybrick wrote:Darn those aftermaths that don't fit the baying crowd's expectations...

The only reason we even read about his arrests is he was charged in a high-profile manslaughter/murder case. Acquitted but charged and in jail.

Otherwise, he's just another lowlife with a rap sheet the length of a James Joyce novel that, as BiT said, none of us would want our daughters dating or sons hanging around with.

FWIW, I am pretty sure that Nelson Mandela spent more time in jail than Zimmerman. To go with what I am sure was HIS plethora of mugshots.

You really didn't compare George Zimmerman to Nelson Mandela, did you, BiT?

BackInTex

#237 Post by BackInTex » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:03 pm

mellytu74 wrote:You really didn't compare George Zimmerman to Nelson Mandela, did you, BiT?
Only as someone who also has mug shots and to show how silly it is to use a mug shot, or plurality of mug shots, as evidence or reason to assume guilt.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#238 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Hospitals and morgues are filled with women who had earlier charged their boyfriends or husbands with domestic abuse and then recanted. Sadly, the type of woman who lives with an abuser often keeps giving him one more chance and coming back for more.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Flybrick

#239 Post by Flybrick » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:48 am

Danged ol' judicial system not letting the mob rule...

mellytu74

#240 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:31 am

BackInTex wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:You really didn't compare George Zimmerman to Nelson Mandela, did you, BiT?
Only as someone who also has mug shots and to show how silly it is to use a mug shot, or plurality of mug shots, as evidence or reason to assume guilt.
I went back and re-read. Mea maxima culpa for misreading intent.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#241 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 am

Flybrick wrote:Danged ol' judicial system not letting the mob rule...
Remember this, if the Supreme Court upholds same-sex marriage. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#242 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:19 pm

I notice that Flybrick's love of the judicial system didn't stop him from throwing all sorts of insults and accusations at Treyvon Martin, based largely on George Zimmerman's self-serving out-of-court statements.

BackInTex

#243 Post by BackInTex » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:22 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: Sadly, the type of woman who lives with an abuser often keeps giving him one more chance and coming back for more.
Sounds like a liberal and the minority thugs.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#244 Post by Estonut » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:07 pm

I notice that Flybrick's love of the judicial system didn't stop him from throwing all sorts of insults and accusations at Treyvon Martin, based largely on George Zimmerman's self-serving, ever-changing, out-of-court statements.
Fixed it for ya!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Flybrick

#245 Post by Flybrick » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Remember this, if the Supreme Court upholds same-sex marriage. --Bob

You just made partner in law firm and you try this approach?

The "mob" in this case were the states that decided either via the ballot box or the legislature to approve or prohibit same-sex marriage.

If the Supreme Court decides to make the practice legal, it is hardly the "mob ruling." Rather it was the judicial system. Did I miss something?

I also don't see how they could rule otherwise, btw.

I simply enjoy seeing those discomfited by the facts in evidence resorting to hypotheticals to buttress their 'belief.'

Zimmerman shot Martin, claiming self-defense. He had to be 'guilty.' A trial and a jury's decision otherwise be damned.

His girlfriend in this case decided to retract her allegation. She must be under duress somehow. The authorities didn't find a basis to proceed with any judicial proceedings based on the evidence presented so they dropped the charges. But Zimmerman must be guilty because....he's Zimmerman.

Not much press on this aspect of the case because it doesn't fit the narrative of a bad man who escaped justice. Except, of course, that he didn't. He was found not guilty.

Or, in this case, with insufficient evidence to proceed.

But that's not what garnered widespread media attention or comments here. Only the allegation of wrong-doing did.

jarnon

#246 Post by jarnon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#247 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 pm

George has obviously been taking his cue from Devin Nunes about suing people who say nasty but true things about him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 606359001/

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#248 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 pm
George has obviously been taking his cue from Devin Nunes about suing people who say nasty but true things about him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 606359001/
It seems like we need a national anti-SLAPP law like we already have in California and a number of other states. —Bob