March 14 QoD -- "The Obligatory Bible Category"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

Re: March 14 QoD -- "The Obligatory Bible Category"

#26 Post by fantine33 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Spoiler
Answers are due by Monday at 5 PM Eastern.

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

PSALMS
2. Jesus wept.

JOHN

3. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

ECCLESIASTES

4. Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee.

PAUL

5. And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

GEORGE

6. Give us this day our daily bread.

WONDER

7. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

RINGO

8. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

MANNY

9. Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

MOE

10. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

JACK

11. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

PHILLIPIANS

12. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

TOM

13. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

DICK

14. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

HARRY

15. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

BETTY

BONUS
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

DUNCAN

gsabc

#27 Post by gsabc » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:33 am

Spoiler
WASN'T EVEN GOING TO BOTHER WITH THIS, BUT I'LL TAKE A COUPLE OF POINTS. THE NEW TESTAMENT ISN'T TYPICAL READING MATERIAL FOR A GOOD JEWISH BOY. I SHOULD KNOW #2 JUST AS A TRIVIA ANSWER, THOUGH.

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. PSALMS

2. Jesus wept. GUESSING LUKE

3. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. ECCLESIASTES

4. Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee. GENESIS

5. And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. DAVID

6. Give us this day our daily bread. NOPE

7. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. NOPE

8. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures. NOPE

9. Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. NOPE

10. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. NOPE

11. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. NOPE

12. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. NOPE

13. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. JOSHUA

14. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet. GABRIEL?

15. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength. EXODUS

BONUS
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. DANIEL?
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Appa23

#28 Post by Appa23 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 am

Spoiler
Psalm 23
John 11:35 (the reading this past Sunday)
Ecclesiastes 3:1
Genesis
I Samuel
Matthew 6
Acts
Job
2nd Corinthians
Proverbs
Phillipians
blank
Joshua
Revelation 1:10
Nehemiah (not the hurdler)

Daniel

TheCalvinator24

Re: March 14 QoD -- "The Obligatory Bible Category"

#29 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:36 pm

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalms

2. Jesus wept.

The Gospel according to John

3. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Ecclesiastes

4. Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee.

Genesis

5. And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

I Samuel

6. Give us this day our daily bread.

The Gospel according to Matthew

7. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Acts of the Apostles

8. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

Job

9. Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The Second Epistle to the Corinthians

10. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs

11. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

The Epistle to the Phillippians

12. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

Deuteronomy

13. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Joshua

14. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

The Revelation of St. John

15. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Nehemiah - You'd have stumped me on this one if not for the last 8 words

BONUS
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

Daniel
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

NellyLunatic1980

#30 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:51 am

I hope ya’ll paid attention in Sunday school cuz I’m about to test your knowledge of the Good Book. I’ll name the Bible passage, you name the book of the Bible that it can be found. You do not need to give the chapter and verse (unless you want to show off).

Of course, all of these verses came from the King James Version, not LolcatBible.com. :D

1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. - Psalm 23:1
2. Jesus wept. - St. John 11:35 (not 1 John)
3. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. - Ecclesiastes 3:1
4. Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee. - Genesis 12:1
5. And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span. - 1 Samuel 17:4 (could not accept just Samuel)
6. Give us this day our daily bread. - St. Matthew 6:11
7. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. - Acts 10:38
8. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures. - Job 36:11
9. Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17(could not accept just Corinthians)
10. Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. - Proverbs 18:21
11. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Philippians 4:13
12. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. - Deuteronomy 28:3
13. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. - Joshua 1:5
14. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet. - Revelation 1:10
15. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength. - Nehemiah 8:10

BONUS
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. - Daniel 3:17

7thPresident gained another 10 points on RacingDogDude, but it was Calvinator who took the top score of the day.

Don't tell Rev. Roberts that I gave out humor points... :D

March 14 Scores / Scores after Day 13
Greyhound - 20 / 272
aj - 30 / 228
mrkelley - 26 / 201
fanny - 12 / 199 (+4 for humor)
tansta - 6 / 171 (+2 for humor)
tlynn - 24 / 164
pea - 2 / 152
T_Bone - 4 / 152
Confessor - 6 / 151.5
Annie - 12 / 145.5 (+4 for humor)