Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 158

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 158

#1 Post by gsabc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:34 am

AUGH! I totally forgot to put up an entry yesterday! Well, not totally. I thought about it, then got distracted by something else. Like work. Tax forms. eBay listings. In other words, life. It's not like there was much movement on the wedding front. And in the light of some of the much more serious life events going on among us, this seems more frivolous than usual. Even if I don't post explicit messages in those threads, my thoughts and prayers are going out to those who need them most.

BD is off for Vegas today. She's getting a little PO'ed about Mom's constant reminders on stuff she thinks she's taking care of, or knows already. It's hard NOT to know some of the things when GW keeps reminding her of them daily or even more frequently. I'm a bit calmer about it. BD may still be our baby, but most everything she does indicates that we've raised a very capable and sensible young woman. Things will be worked out, and she'll get through this, as will we. You might want to invest in Kimberly Clark stock at the end of July, though. I suspect we'll be going through a lot of Kleenex around then and during most of August.

I'm not sure if we're still doing the swing dance classes, having missed last week's and having not practiced for over three weeks. I do a couple of steps in the quiet of my office sometimes, and do the visualization thing when I can. We'll see how GW is feeling about it tonight.

I am still, in many ways, clueless, and slow on the uptake. (I can hear you saying "This is news?") I'm only now realizing that while the vendors are selected, there are a huge number of details to be worked out. The food specifics. The organization of the DJ, like arrival and setup. The music. The logistics of getting everyone there on time. The logistics of getting BD, bridesmaids and mothers through the hair styling and other beautification exploits. The floral arrangements. The bouquet arrangements. The table arrangements. Even whether we're having a head table or a sweetheart table. We'll get it done, but I hope it doesn't get backed up on us at some point. Stress needs to be reduced, not increased.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

tlynn78

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 am

Delegate. This is what bridesmaids are for.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:41 am

This might be the perfect time for some to practice giving up control.

I'm just suggesting.