Tom Osborne new AD for Nebraska

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Tom Osborne new AD for Nebraska

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:54 am

Well, they had to do something...Coach Osborne is one heck of a guy!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... lege_N.htm

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

Appa23

#2 Post by Appa23 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:29 am

Thanks for letting me know. :P

One relaly has to try to dislike Coach T.O.

One of his biggest concerns about taking the temporary A.D. position was how it would affect the business leadership classes that he was teaching. (On the day of his press conference, he had to find someone to administer the midterm for him.) He also was concerned about the athletes at Creighton, where he was serving as a adjunct "guru" for overall athletic excellence.

With the odds of Callahan being retained after this season getting more and more remote, he will be facing a big decision. He has this tremendous sense of loyalty for Turner Gill, but my guess is that he really is looking at Bo Pelini and Chris Peterson, in that order.

BTW, when I was watching his press conference last week, I jumped into "Marley" mode, and started to wonder how he would fare with the APs. He is a soft-spoken guy, but with a wickedly dry sense of humor and self-deprecation.