B4 Team-Check In

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-Check In

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Sorry I'm late. Had to drive husband's wallet to him downtown early this morning (he was distracted because he was in trial), and today is Go Texan day so I've been at school a lot because the kids do this cute square dancing thingy on this day.

They do Go Texan day to celebrate the kickoff of the rodeo in town which is a big deal. Such a big deal that the rodeo is the reason why the Texans have a retractable roof stadium. The Texans and rodeo cooperated to get the stadium built.

But that is neither or there.

How is your health and fitness this week? Splendid, terrific, doing pretty well, hanging in there, poopy or your own adjective of choice.

I'm hanging in there. I had some good workouts but not great. Good eating but not great. I think I need to get more serious. Yeah, you've been hearing that probably for the last year. I'm in a rut.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Fairly good exercising this week, despite the lack of cooperation from Mother Nature. We won't mention the snacking.

Today's weight = 194.8. Moving average = 194.0.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Today was gonna be, but I didn't feel like it. This event originally was scheduled for last Monday, but I've had the flu all week, and I refused to waste the start of my remaining decades on feeling terrible.

I had the flu shot in November. Today's paper includes a story about how the locally available vaccine was "a mismatch" with the virus that showed up in town.

Since Sunday, I have been out of the house only once -- to buy dog food. I feeling somewhat better now, although I've lost weight again. (Not because of the dog food.) The chocolate malt diet will make its return.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:47 am

Looks like we got out of town just in time. I haven't heard of any of the rest of our group feeling poorly. You did mention not feeling great on Sunday.

I hope you're on the mend and feeling much better by now and you were kind enough to keep the germs to yourself. :)
I've never had the flu, btw. Nope, not one time.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:05 am

My after dinner eating has reared it's ugly head again. I am not even hungry and know I am not hungry and I still shovel the food in. That is not good.

I have started using a different setting on my elliptical and I am having a blast showing it that it can not kick my butt.

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:06 am

Too many empty calories this week.

I did go to the gym more, but I can't just cancel that out by eating too much junk.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman