Now If they really wanted to have a big charity event...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
dodgersteve182

Now If they really wanted to have a big charity event...

#1 Post by dodgersteve182 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:32 pm

they should allow people who "purchase" tickets to The Price Is Right eligible to be selected as contestants. This is lame! (I was ready to Buy tickets until I read the fine print).

http://tinyurl.com/3y7h29

nitrah55

#2 Post by nitrah55 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 pm

- My recollection is, there's actually a federal law that says you can't charge admission to the performance or taping of a television or radio show. Which is why, I imagine, the networks didn't start charging years ago.

- I also imagine that paying to get into a place (Bob Barker Studio) where you would have a chance to win something might run afoul of gambling laws in California.

- If they print too many charity tickets, the studio will be full of people who can't play. That would be odd.
I am about 25% sure of this.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Now If they really wanted to have a big charity event...

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:38 pm

dodgersteve182 wrote:(I was ready to Buy tickets until I read the fine print).
This fine print?
Please note: Tickets are guaranteed entrance to the taping and seating behind Contestant's Row but BUYERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CONTESTANTS. Audience members must be at least 18, and will need to bring photo ID with proof of age. While tickets to CBS Studio's programs are generally available to the public at no cost, these tickets guarantee admission to this taping without having to wait in line, and proceeds will benefit CBS designated charities.

dodgersteve182

#4 Post by dodgersteve182 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:42 pm

"This fine print? "

A figure of speech. My tired eyes always feel older and weaker during tax season. I think I will take the afternoon off before the long working weekend! 8)

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 pm

dodgersteve182 wrote:"This fine print? "

A figure of speech. My tired eyes always feel older and weaker during tax season. I think I will take the afternoon off before the long working weekend! 8)
I wasn't criticising the figure of speech, but I didn't see anything of note on the page you linked to, until I clicked through to one of the particular events.

And, yeah, I can see how that paragraph would be a little frustrating! :evil:

BTW, is tax season keeping you busy enough, dodgersteve? :wink: