Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 164

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 164

#1 Post by gsabc » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

Our swing dance class got blown off again last night. Two weeks ago, there was a snow storm and it was cancelled. Last week was school vacation, so there was no class scheduled. This one was our fault; GW is still too sick to go. We'll have to practice this weekend just to see what we remember from the earlier classes. I was having some trouble. The turns we were learning go in opposite directions, and my mind just wasn't accepting the differences, at least in the order in which they were to be performed. I still need to find a good online class for the more formal dances. I am determined to waltz with both BD and GW at the wedding. Let my Aunt Ginger and Uncle Fred keep the lead on the swing stuff.

A number of things are still up in the air, at least in the details. Food selection. The floral arrangements. The specific music for each part of the ceremony, though there are tentative selections already in place. The ceremony itself. The latter will be interesting. FSIL is nominally Catholic, just as BD is nominally Jewish. Neither is particularly religious, regarding practicing or worshiping habits. The intent at the moment is to have an ecumenical ceremony, with parts from both religions. They may do the glass-stomping thing, and a chuppah is still a possibility. I've asked BD if they're planning some personal vows. My impression is that they haven't thought about it. Time to start, kiddo. I'm already working on the toast.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:38 am

You can have these free of charge...
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Appa23

Re: Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 164

#3 Post by Appa23 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:02 pm

gsabc wrote:Our swing dance class got blown off again last night. Two weeks ago, there was a snow storm and it was cancelled. Last week was school vacation, so there was no class scheduled. This one was our fault; GW is still too sick to go. We'll have to practice this weekend just to see what we remember from the earlier classes. I was having some trouble. The turns we were learning go in opposite directions, and my mind just wasn't accepting the differences, at least in the order in which they were to be performed. I still need to find a good online class for the more formal dances. I am determined to waltz with both BD and GW at the wedding. Let my Aunt Ginger and Uncle Fred keep the lead on the swing stuff.

A number of things are still up in the air, at least in the details. Food selection. The floral arrangements. The specific music for each part of the ceremony, though there are tentative selections already in place. The ceremony itself. The latter will be interesting. FSIL is nominally Catholic, just as BD is nominally Jewish. Neither is particularly religious, regarding practicing or worshiping habits. The intent at the moment is to have an ecumenical ceremony, with parts from both religions. They may do the glass-stomping thing, and a chuppah is still a possibility. I've asked BD if they're planning some personal vows. My impression is that they haven't thought about it. Time to start, kiddo. I'm already working on the toast.
So, are they thinking of raising any prospective kids as nominal Messianic Jews? :wink:

What have BD and FSIL tentatively decided for the service music?

(That was my favorite part of wedding planning.)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:06 pm

What have BD and FSIL tentatively decided for the service music?

Maybe something by Kinky Friedman and his Texas Jewboys?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.