Happy Saturday SC

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Happy Saturday SC

#1 Post by christie1111 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:23 am

Although you now have more Saturdays than me!

:P

Except all the 'retired' people I know are busier than ever. And I am sure you are no exception.

Please give your 4-legged family scritches behind the ears for me.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

christie1111

Happy Sunday

#2 Post by christie1111 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 am

Saw you here yesterday this time (or ther abouts).

Have a nice day!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks, Christie!

I did have a great Saturday, but it was a long one. I got up early and drove to Tulsa, where I finally got to meet Son #1's beloved. (Yep, it's serious.) She's adorable, as Son has described so often. Peruvian by birth, she coos to his dog in Spanish. I couldn't help but think how much Annie would like that -- and her.

I also got to meet the New Kitten, named Woodchuck. (Woodchuck? What kind of name is that for a cat?) A couple of weeks ago, Son witnessed a car hitting this tiny orange ball of fur and driving away. He stopped, scooped up the kitten, and rushed it to a vet. As it turned out, the cat had suffered many abrasions and lost some fur, but had no internal injuries. On that day, the vet estimated the age as -- at most -- six weeks. Being a kid of mine, Son decided that fate had brought the kitten into his life, so he took it home and introduced it to his female dog, who was perfectly willing to be foster mother to this tiny creature except when the kitten tried to nurse. Anyway, we now have yet another example in the family of a cat who is being raised to be a dog. (A few years back, Irish, whippet, declared Oreo, long-haired feline, to be her son and clearly was grooming him to take over her role as Alpha Dog.)

Anyway, with additional distractions and adventures, I didn't get home until hours after dark last night.

Give me a couple of minutes, and I will change my avatar to Woodchuck's photo. He's yet another beautiful redhead among the BB cat crowd, and perhaps resembles Skoop's Dub as a baby.

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:52 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Give me a couple of minutes, and I will change my avatar to Woodchuck's photo. He's yet another beautiful redhead among the BB cat crowd, and perhaps resembles Skoop's Dub as a baby.
For sure. Dub was a baby once. This baby is just as cute.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:19 am

silvercamaro wrote:. . . She's adorable, as Son has described so often. Peruvian by birth, she coos to his dog in Spanish. I couldn't help but think how much Annie would like that -- and her.

I also got to meet the New Kitten, named Woodchuck. (Woodchuck? What kind of name is that for a cat?)

. . .

Anyway, we now have yet another example in the family of a cat who is being raised to be a dog. (A few years back, Irish, whippet, declared Oreo, long-haired feline, to be her son and clearly was grooming him to take over her role as Alpha Dog.)
She's a keeper. Hope things work out.

Woodchuck is a Most Excellent name for a cat. We almost had a Sasquatch, which as you know turned into Bigfoot. He is a doll!

I'm sure the raising of Woodchuck will serve him well as he grows up. He's being raised, and that's very important for a kitty or a person.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

christie1111

#6 Post by christie1111 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am

Cute photo!

Woodchuck it is!

Glad all is well!