Girl Scout Cookies

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

#51 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:28 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: Emma just opened a container of what used to be called Savannahs, then Do-Si-Dos, now Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies for us to enjoy.
They're still Do-Si-Dos here. I got those, and Tagalongs, for the peanut butter junkies here, plus All-Arounds and Thin Mints. Lord knows what else I ordered. I really am a Cookie Ho...
I love Samoas, but the taste of this cookie changes from year to year depending on the coconut harvest.

Last year they weren't that good, but the year before, they were incredible.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#52 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:32 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote: Emma just opened a container of what used to be called Savannahs, then Do-Si-Dos, now Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies for us to enjoy.
They're still Do-Si-Dos here. I got those, and Tagalongs, for the peanut butter junkies here, plus All-Arounds and Thin Mints. Lord knows what else I ordered. I really am a Cookie Ho...
Chocolate chip or nothing for me.

My co-workers find it funny that my lunch for the last 6 years has consisted of half a roll of Chips Ahoy cookies. When I started having to drink more water after stone #1 in March '02, I had to find something that went good with the water, and found out the cookies did the trick.

lb13
Beast, Chips Ahoy aren't even a food product! YUCK!!!!!

minimetoo26

#53 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
I love Samoas, but the taste of this cookie changes from year to year depending on the coconut harvest.

Last year they weren't that good, but the year before, they were incredible.
I think I got a box for myself this year. I love coconut. If I forgot, I can probably find some girls selling outside a grocery store....

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#54 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
The ones they sold down here were Thin Mints, Thanks-a-Lots, Shortbreads, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Patties, Caramel Delites, Lemonades and Cinnaspins.

I think if they ever stopped selling Thin Mints, our nation's obesity problem would be solved.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#55 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote: They're still Do-Si-Dos here. I got those, and Tagalongs, for the peanut butter junkies here, plus All-Arounds and Thin Mints. Lord knows what else I ordered. I really am a Cookie Ho...
Chocolate chip or nothing for me.

My co-workers find it funny that my lunch for the last 6 years has consisted of half a roll of Chips Ahoy cookies. When I started having to drink more water after stone #1 in March '02, I had to find something that went good with the water, and found out the cookies did the trick.

lb13
Beast, Chips Ahoy aren't even a food product! YUCK!!!!!

So you're surprised I love them? :P

At least I don't put them in the oven and scorch them, though that may not be a bad idea to try one of these times.....

lb13

minimetoo26

#56 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:35 am

Rexer25 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
The ones they sold down here were Thin Mints, Thanks-a-Lots, Shortbreads, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Patties, Caramel Delites, Lemonades and Cinnaspins.

I think if they ever stopped selling Thin Mints, our nation's obesity problem would be solved.
Oooooh! I bet I could put a hurtin' on those last three if they sold them here!

peacock2121

#57 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 am

I was told yesterday was the last day they could sell.

Of course, we have a sense of the knowledge my little sales girl had.

Rexer25

#58 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:40 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
Rexer25 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote: They're still Do-Si-Dos here. I got those, and Tagalongs, for the peanut butter junkies here, plus All-Arounds and Thin Mints. Lord knows what else I ordered. I really am a Cookie Ho...

Oooooh! I bet I could put a hurtin' on those last three if they sold them here!
I think the Caramel Delites are Samoas without coconut, maybe(?). Lemonades are getting more popular every year. The Cinnaspins are the entry in the low-fat cookie category. I tried one at cookie day at the zoo, and I thought they were good, (think cinnamon roll with very small amount of icing), but they're small, and come 5 to a foil pouch, with 5 pouches in the box. Not really a bargain.

That'll be $10, please.

peacock2121

#59 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 am

They still have Thin Mints up this way.

My little sales girl had no clue about the 100 calorie pack of Cinnaspins.

Rexer25

#60 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 am

peacock2121 wrote:They still have Thin Mints up this way.

I'll send Annie to explain it to you next year.

That'll be $10, please.

minimetoo26

#61 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 am

She didn't want to admit to 25 cookies for $3.50.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#62 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:45 am

peacock2121 wrote:I was told yesterday was the last day they could sell.

They will probably be having booth sales, where you can buy more cookies.

Cookies have to be ordered in cases of 12, so we got rid of our extra cookies at booth sales.

When the cookie manager turns in the paperwork for the troop, they can sign up for booth sales. Usually the paperwork has to be turned in starting at 6:00 a.m. on a certain day. So that the girls' troops could get the best booth sale slots, I would start waiting at 4:00 a.m.

The best booth sale is Saturday morning at the Post Office because the traffic level is high.

A good booth sale location and time means that you can sell 100 boxes in a two hour shift versus 25 boxes.

peacock2121

#63 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:46 am

Rexer25 wrote:

I'll send Annie to explain it to you next year.
You have her call me - I will order from her.

It will be worth the phone call.

I'll even pay the postage to mail them.

peacock2121

#64 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:47 am

Cookies have to be ordered in cases of 12, so we got rid of our extra cookies at booth sales.

When the cookie manager turns in the paperwork for the troop, they can sign up for booth sales. Usually the paperwork has to be turned in starting at 6:00 a.m. on a certain day. So that the girls' troops could get the best booth sale slots, I would start waiting at 4:00 a.m.

The best booth sale is Saturday morning at the Post Office because the traffic level is high.

A good booth sale location and time means that you can sell 100 boxes in a two hour shift versus 25 boxes.
So much goes into this stuff.

I had no clue!

earendel

#65 Post by earendel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:52 am

Appa23 wrote:I am not sure what the rules may have been at that time, but I can tell you that it now is against ethics regulations to solicit at your workplace. Very few abide by it, it seems, but I certainly can not "pimp out" anything that my kids are selling for school or dance. (How would that look?)
That's true these days, which is a good thing. But I still occasionally see a cubicle wall with a sheet promoting some little darling's school fund-raiser.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#66 Post by earendel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:55 am

FTR, my GS cookie kryptonite is the classic trefoil. For elwing it's the Thin Mints, followed closely by the Samoas. I'm partial to the Tagalongs (peanut butter dipped in chocolate, but at only 15 to the box they're not much of a bargain so I only buy them on rare occasions.

Like when the sun shines! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#67 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:56 am

peacock2121 wrote:

So much goes into this stuff.

I had no clue!
The Girl Scout organization loves rules.