gsabc

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

gsabc

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:07 pm

if you sign into paypal, then go to the resolution centre. Do the tutorial for a claim filed against a seller. That should let you know how to respond to the real claim.

I know that you have to open and go into the actual claim to respond, but as I have not yet had one filed I haven't had to use it.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

gsabc

Re: gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:55 am

a1mamacat wrote:if you sign into paypal, then go to the resolution centre. Do the tutorial for a claim filed against a seller. That should let you know how to respond to the real claim.

I know that you have to open and go into the actual claim to respond, but as I have not yet had one filed I haven't had to use it.
The problem seems to be initiated by PayPal itself, not by the buyer. He had a sudden flurry of relatively small purchases on eBay, which possibly triggered an alert by his credit card company, which then cascaded into PayPal. The largest single purchase was only something like $45.00 with the shipping. According to USPS tracking, he hasn't picked up the package from the post office. It was a PayPal confirmed address as well, an apartment and not a PO box.

There is no "respond" button on the resolution center page where I can view the issue. I've tried both Firefox and IE7, in case there was some bizarre problem with the browser (I've had those, where buttons don't show up in Firefox, but appear in IE.). It's a "temporary hold" on the funds, which doesn't bother me as long as it eventually gets resolved and goes through. However, they asked for the shipping address, and I can't find a way to send the information to them other than through the customer service center. Annoying, but it won't break the bank or anything.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.