The Sexiest Man Alive

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: The Sexiest Man Alive

#26 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:32 am

Vague Mini wrote:
Queen Fantine VIII wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
He was married to Jennifer Esposito at one point, but it lasted just a bit longer than the Kardashian marriage did. I wouldn't have known who the hell SHE was if she hadn't been on an episode of Law & Order I particularly liked...
I know Phil Esposito, I know Giancarlo Esposito, I don't know Jennifer Esposito. Although I'd probably recognize her face. There are too many Jennifers to tell them apart, Hollywood is lousy with Jennifers....
That's how I learned her name--Giancarlo Esposito was coincidentally in the same episode! Only no relation...

Any relation to Joe Esposito?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Vague Mini
Merry Man

#27 Post by Vague Mini » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:36 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Vague Mini wrote:
I know Phil Esposito, I know Giancarlo Esposito, I don't know Jennifer Esposito. Although I'd probably recognize her face. There are too many Jennifers to tell them apart, Hollywood is lousy with Jennifers....
That's how I learned her name--Giancarlo Esposito was coincidentally in the same episode! Only no relation...

Any relation to Joe Esposito?

lb13
I didn't find evidence that Joe is related to Jennifer OR Giancarlo, but he's the father of Mike, who played for the Rockies.

You'll have to research Phil and Tony yourself... :P
Huh? What?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#28 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:04 am

Vague Mini wrote:I didn't find evidence that Joe is related to Jennifer OR Giancarlo, but he's the father of Mike, who played for the Rockies.

You'll have to research Phil and Tony yourself... :P

I had never heard of Mike Esposito..... come to find out, he lasted all of 3 games in the Majors 6 years ago.

I also forgot that one of those one-shot catchers the Cards once brought up to spell Yadier Molina was Brian Esposito, who lasted all of 4 Major League games. I guess it will always be a hockey name.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#29 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 am

Now these guys are more my speed:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multim ... ref=sircrc

Except for Tom Brady. Him I don't get.

And Cam made the list...
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#30 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 am

thguy65 wrote:
Queen Fantine VIII wrote: That must be exactly who I was thinking of, because I kept wanting to reference West Wing but I never watched the show and couldn't think of anybody on it besides Martin Sheen. The woman I was trying to recall I thought was Alison somebody, but now that you say Jane Kaczmarek that's probably it because I do know who she is (from something else, though, because I've never watched Malcolm either, but I can't remember the show).

Could I be any more vague? Ha!
Allison Janney was also a co-star on The West Wing.

There is some similarity to Jane Kaczmarek.
You got it exactly right, that is who I had pictured in my head. You're good at taking fragmented ramblings, blurry references and snippets of fact and turning them into a cohesive thought. Esto's job might be in danger here......
Exeunt Regina......

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#31 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:47 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Now these guys are more my speed:

And Cam made the list...
No Nene automatically invalidates the entire thing. It's like offsides in football, nothing that follows ever really happened.

I don't know who was in charge of that list, but they certainly didn't ask for my opinion. Except for Dwight Howard, but he's just ridiculous. Okay, and I'll give them Megatron as well.....

Your Tom Brady is my Blake Griffin, I practically get an involuntary tic every time some advert comes on with him in it.
Exeunt Regina......

minimetoo26

#32 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:49 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Now these guys are more my speed:

And Cam made the list...
No Nene automatically invalidates the entire thing. It's like offsides in football, nothing that follows ever really happened.

I don't know who was in charge of that list, but they certainly didn't ask for my opinion. Except for Dwight Howard, but he's just ridiculous. Okay, and I'll give them Megatron as well.....

Your Tom Brady is my Blake Griffin, I practically get an involuntary tic every time some advert comes on with him in it.
I didn't know who Blake Griffin was, and it seems like they found the only picture of him in which he doesn't look like a fugly troll. Ick. Brady's head is shaped like Megamind's--just way off balance.

They could take Nadal off the list as well--too girly looking. They had plenty of room for Nene! :evil:

I just prefer guys who actually DO something and not just wear makeup and pretend to be someone else...
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

themanintheseersuckersuit

#33 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 am

Jimmy Fallon asked, "would the result have been different if they left off the last word in the title?
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Dead Mouse
Merry Man

#34 Post by Dead Mouse » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:54 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Jimmy Fallon asked, "would the result have been different if they left off the last word in the title?
I would have made the list. :P
What's that smell?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#35 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:56 am

I want to know what method they used to eliminate the other 3.5 billion living men in the world....

This sounds shadier than my avatar countdown....

lb13

themanintheseersuckersuit

#36 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am

Dead Mouse wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Jimmy Fallon asked, "would the result have been different if they left off the last word in the title?
I would have made the list. :P
Only if they left out the last TWO words
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

minimetoo26

#37 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Yes--my sister would be petitioning to keep Heath Ledger on the ballot. And don't forget the legions of rabid Elvis fans...

-Carl Sagan