Vegas limo service

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Vegas limo service

#1 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:24 am

Anyone ever use one for airport pickup, and can you recommend a company? I wanted to have a car meet my sister, but the Vegas.com site just keeps blanking out the form every time I fill it out. I've tried different cookies modes, and it still gives me nada. So I'll just deal directly with a service if I can find a reliable one.

Thanks.

mellytu74

#2 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am

mini --

When do you need this by?

My cousin was a travel agent in Vegas but it was years ago so she might not have current ideas. I can ask her though.

minimetoo26

#3 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:31 am

She's arriving on the 24th. I get lots of services come up on Google, but I've had bad experiences in NY with no-shows (remember, KT?..), so I want to avoid a fly-by-night operation.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 am

OK, call me cheap, but what's wrong with a taxi seeing how the airport is right next to the Strip?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

minimetoo26

#5 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:21 am

Bob Juch wrote:OK, call me cheap, but what's wrong with a taxi seeing how the airport is right next to the Strip?
Cheap. :P

The last two times I went to Vegas, the taxi line was longer than the line for most attractions at WDW. No lie. It moved, but it was wrapped around at least 4 long lanes. Also, the last time I went, she dropped me off and picked me up at our local airport, and lent me her cell phone for the trip, so I thought it would be a nice gesture to have a car waiting when she and her husband went for a conference at the end of the month.

It's just a human kindness thing. Some people get it; some don't.

LVA recommends Presidential. I may try them...

Bixby17

#6 Post by Bixby17 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:33 am

The taxi line in Vegas is awful.

For the few times I've arranged limo services, I've had good luck with whoever the hotel recommends.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 am

Bixby17 wrote:The taxi line in Vegas is awful.

For the few times I've arranged limo services, I've had good luck with whoever the hotel recommends.
I guess I've been lucky the few times I've flown in and arrived at off-peak hours.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

lilclyde54

#8 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:29 pm

The Baboo and I have used Bell Transport limos for airport pickup on every trip to LV except the two times Caesars picked us up for the Millionaire Maker tournaments. Their drivers are pleasant, on-time, and very courteous. The last time we used them it cost $45 plus tip. That gives you an hour to get to your destination.
Last edited by lilclyde54 on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

minimetoo26

#9 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:16 am

The hotel recommended Ambassador, then offered to put me through to them. They may get a cut off referrals. Whatever. They were expensive.

I ended up going with Presidential, and got the VIP package for the same price as a sedan from Ambassador--stretch limo, with bottled water, champagne, and a rose for my sister. I had to tell her in advance so she could have a copy of the reservation in case something went wrong, but she chose to keep it a surprise for her husband. At first, he just went along like nothing was out of the ordinary when he saw the chauffeur holding a sign with his name, but when he got to the limo (it was a super-stretch, since they had already assigned all the stretches), he had to ask who had sent it. He was afraid it was from a vendor, and he couldn't have accepted it.

They had a great time and really hit it off with the driver, who gave them his cell number in case they wanted to go out later in the week. I'm so glad I did it!

Bixby17

#10 Post by Bixby17 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 am

minimetoo26 wrote:The hotel recommended Ambassador, then offered to put me through to them. They may get a cut off referrals. Whatever. They were expensive.

I ended up going with Presidential, and got the VIP package for the same price as a sedan from Ambassador--stretch limo, with bottled water, champagne, and a rose for my sister. I had to tell her in advance so she could have a copy of the reservation in case something went wrong, but she chose to keep it a surprise for her husband. At first, he just went along like nothing was out of the ordinary when he saw the chauffeur holding a sign with his name, but when he got to the limo (it was a super-stretch, since they had already assigned all the stretches), he had to ask who had sent it. He was afraid it was from a vendor, and he couldn't have accepted it.

They had a great time and really hit it off with the driver, who gave them his cell number in case they wanted to go out later in the week. I'm so glad I did it!
Thanks for letting us know. I might be planning a couples trip to LV this summer and limos are handy and fun for groups.

ladysoleil

#11 Post by ladysoleil » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:22 pm

lilclyde54 wrote:The Baboo and I have used Bell Transport limos for airport pickup on every ttip to LV except the two times Caesars picked us up for the Millionaire Maker tournaments. Their are pleasant, on-time, and very courteous. The last time we used them it cost $45 plus tip. That gives you an hour to get to your destination.
Chiming in late to the party, but I used Bell for my wedding and they were great.