top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:15 am

Last night we had an embarrassment of riches on TV - three programs to watch at 8PM, and a DVR that only records two (and you have to be watching one of them while the other records). We ended up removing DoND from the list (since it will be on CNBC later in the week), recording Smallville and watching "5th Grader".

On that subject, the application form isn't going very well. It asks me to describe my personality and how friends would describe me. I'm finding it hard to be honest and yet put something down that would make my application scream "PICK ME!" when TPTB read it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:06 am

Suggestion: be snotty and arrogant. Say your friends would describe you as smarter than a tenth grader, which makes you twice as smart as a fifth grader. You take pride in your knowledge and the fact that you can answer their questions so readily. The show's PTB seem to revel in bringing down the supposedly smart types. IMO this may be a way to get through the initial screening.

BTW, if you don't want to use this, may I? :)
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:08 am

gsabc wrote:Suggestion: be snotty and arrogant. Say your friends would describe you as smarter than a tenth grader, which makes you twice as smart as a fifth grader. You take pride in your knowledge and the fact that you can answer their questions so readily. The show's PTB seem to revel in bringing down the supposedly smart types. IMO this may be a way to get through the initial screening.

I'm not sure I'm up for the "pseudo-arrogant" approach so feel free to give it a whirl.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 am

earendel wrote:
gsabc wrote:Suggestion: be snotty and arrogant. Say your friends would describe you as smarter than a tenth grader, which makes you twice as smart as a fifth grader. You take pride in your knowledge and the fact that you can answer their questions so readily. The show's PTB seem to revel in bringing down the supposedly smart types. IMO this may be a way to get through the initial screening.

I'm not sure I'm up for the "pseudo-arrogant" approach so feel free to give it a whirl.
The odds are mightly long for a MAWG--unless you're an aging rock star or heroic firefighter or something--but this sounds like a good approach. Gotta add some great acting to make the pseudo-arrogance seem foolish and overconfident, though.