I Slept Through The Fun...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: I Slept Through The Fun...

#26 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:39 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Updates:

I found out how the thief got in. They built a door behind where out Site To Store desk is located that is supposed to only be able to be opened from the inside.... however, the construction crew had rigged it with a wire so it could be opened from the outside as well, which gave them another entryway into the store since the outside walls are now all up. Naturally, the wire was removed in the aftermath yesterday morning... however, it will be interesting to see whether the construction guys don't rig it back up when they come back to work Tuesday morning. They effectively have diplomatic immunity with regards to our store's management, so it's not like anyone's going to tell them they can't. It also has buoyed the rumor amongst us that the thief was one of the construction guys (Or knows one of them). Hell, they steal our equipment in broad daylight, so why not swipe a TV under the cover of night as well...?

Also, the 61 star flag in the break room apparently is not out on the salesfloor anywhere, so I have no idea where it came from. I'd have bought one if we had it, and would have gladly sent one to SSS as well..... alas!

lb13
Just steal the one in the break room and blame the construction guys! At least take a picture of it...

I see you got promoted from Studmuffin to Dumbass. Congratulations!

I'd love to take a picture for it, but not sure it's worth risking bringing in my camera for...

Since I got promoted, may as well give you back your old rank..... :P

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#27 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:46 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Updates:

I found out how the thief got in. They built a door behind where out Site To Store desk is located that is supposed to only be able to be opened from the inside.... however, the construction crew had rigged it with a wire so it could be opened from the outside as well, which gave them another entryway into the store since the outside walls are now all up. Naturally, the wire was removed in the aftermath yesterday morning... however, it will be interesting to see whether the construction guys don't rig it back up when they come back to work Tuesday morning. They effectively have diplomatic immunity with regards to our store's management, so it's not like anyone's going to tell them they can't. It also has buoyed the rumor amongst us that the thief was one of the construction guys (Or knows one of them). Hell, they steal our equipment in broad daylight, so why not swipe a TV under the cover of night as well...?

Also, the 61 star flag in the break room apparently is not out on the salesfloor anywhere, so I have no idea where it came from. I'd have bought one if we had it, and would have gladly sent one to SSS as well..... alas!

lb13
Just steal the one in the break room and blame the construction guys! At least take a picture of it...

I'd love to take a picture for it, but not sure it's worth risking bringing in my camera for...

lb13
Yeah--the construction guys might steal your camera, too. My camera on my phone hasn't worked for two years, and the screen is threatening to join it. It's probably time for a new one, but I love the size and functionality of mine (by that I mean how it operates when it actually works...)so I might just put my card in Steve's old phone that he abandoned for the iPhone since it's the same as mine.

I always kept my old rank--it just wasn't advertised!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#28 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:51 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13

Yeah--the construction guys might steal your camera, too. My camera on my phone hasn't worked for two years, and the screen is threatening to join it. It's probably time for a new one, but I love the size and functionality of mine (by that I mean how it operates when it actually works...)so I might just put my card in Steve's old phone that he abandoned for the iPhone since it's the same as mine.

I always kept my old rank--it just wasn't advertised!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P

Even if I brought my phone to work (Which, as no surprise to anyone who knows me, I don't), I wouldn't know how to get the picture off of there and on my computer. It's a 5 year old POS, and if it ever had a cord that allowed you to do that, it's been long gone....

And yes I agree, you have always been rank.... :P :P :P :P

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#29 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:54 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Even if I brought my phone to work (Which, as no surprise to anyone who knows me, I don't), I wouldn't know how to get the picture off of there and on my computer. It's a 5 year old POS, and if it ever had a cord that allowed you to do that, it's been long gone....

lb13
Don't forget "old"...
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#30 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:56 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

lb13
Don't forget "old"...

I figured that went without saying, granny..... :P

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#31 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:22 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:Don't forget "old"...

I figured that went without saying, granny..... :P

lb13
I'm pretty sure that if that news had been posted around here, I wouldn't have missed it! :P

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 am

littlebeast13 wrote: And here I thought if I posted anything about my night at work this morning, it would've been about the flag they put up in the break room for the Fourth. I had to laugh as soon as I saw it. It has not 7, not 9, but ELEVEN horizontal rows of stars. 61 stars in all.
11 wasn't even one of the choices on my question.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

earendel

#33 Post by earendel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote: And here I thought if I posted anything about my night at work this morning, it would've been about the flag they put up in the break room for the Fourth. I had to laugh as soon as I saw it. It has not 7, not 9, but ELEVEN horizontal rows of stars. 61 stars in all.
11 wasn't even one of the choices on my question.
Today's Straight Dope column is a reprint, dealing with how to arrange stars on the flag if a 51st state is added.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... -51-states
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."