Washer Advice - No Longer Needed

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Washer Advice - ASAP Please

#51 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I'd try it with the washer totally empty first.

Did that this morning..... wound up sucking that water out with the hose as well.....

lb13
Did you check your drain hose and/or pipe to see if you got a sock or something stuck in there?

Socks and drawers was 2 weeks and several loads ago.... but no, I haven't checked.

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#52 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

Did that this morning..... wound up sucking that water out with the hose as well.....

lb13
Did you check your drain hose and/or pipe to see if you got a sock or something stuck in there?

Socks and drawers was 2 weeks and several loads ago.... but no, I haven't checked.

lb13
Check anyway. It can take a little while for it to work into a wad or get stuck in a place to where it actually stops up stuff. Sometimes it just makes for a slower drain, which you probably wouldn't have noticed.
Exeunt Regina......

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#53 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:52 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Check anyway. It can take a little while for it to work into a wad or get stuck in a place to where it actually stops up stuff. Sometimes it just makes for a slower drain, which you probably wouldn't have noticed.

There's a clamp where the hose attaches to the washer that I can't get undone because the part I need to squeeze to undo it is twisted around to the inside and I can't reach in there or turn it back outward....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

christie1111
11:11

#54 Post by christie1111 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

There's a clamp where the hose attaches to the washer that I can't get undone because the part I need to squeeze to undo it is twisted around to the inside and I can't reach in there or turn it back outward....

lb13

I think you need Fanny to come fix it for you.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#55 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:55 pm

christie1111 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

I think you need Fanny to come fix it for you.

I have a feeling she'd be far too expensive.....

lb13

Bob Juch

#56 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

lb13
I'll bet you can twist the hose until it's in the right place.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#57 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:51 am

Repair guy is coming out to look at it tomorrow....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Washer Advice - No Longer Needed

#58 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:12 am

The lid switch was broke. It was the first thing he checked and resulted in a quick and painless visit.....

It has now been bypassed, and the washer was spinning it's little head off for him. Cost less than it would have to have gotten a used washer at the local used appliance shop.....

lb13

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#59 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 am

littlebeast13 wrote:The lid switch was broke. It was the first thing he checked and resulted in a quick and painless visit.....

It has now been bypassed, and the washer was spinning it's little head off for him. Cost less than it would have to have gotten a used washer at the local used appliance shop.....

lb13
Would you please send that guy to fix the tooth-mangled cords attached to my computer?
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#60 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:40 am

silvercamaro wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:The lid switch was broke. It was the first thing he checked and resulted in a quick and painless visit.....

lb13
Would you please send that guy to fix the tooth-mangled cords attached to my computer?

You may be a tad out of his service area. I'd recommend asking ES to lend you a few rolls of his electrical tape....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#61 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:42 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:It has now been bypassed, and the washer was spinning it's little head off for him. Cost less than it would have to have gotten a used washer at the local used appliance shop.....3
Yay!

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#62 Post by secondchance » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:29 pm

yay from here too! But did you have him take a look at the dryer?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#63 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:18 am

secondchance wrote:yay from here too! But did you have him take a look at the dryer?

Nope. Having to run everything through the dryer an extra time or two isn't worth the trouble, since that repair would probably involve something too expensive to even consider anything other than just replacing it....

lb13