I have a baby sister!!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Re: I have a baby sister!!!

#26 Post by christie1111 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:12 pm

I am so happy for all three of you!

Can't wait to hear the settling in stories.

Lizbit, told you the surprise would be better than a cookie!

:D
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Snaxx

#27 Post by Snaxx » Fri May 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Here is another one of what may be the 'other' Trips Bebe
Race 2 2011-05-23 06:16:00 Results
Race 2 - 19:36 Naples/Ft Myers Eve 8 ran - Unsettled Position Card No. Name Price
1 5 Kane''s Baltimore -
2 1 Lilredridinghood -
3 4 Kay On The Ball -
4 6 Trips Bebe
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... %3A00.html
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#28 Post by silvercamaro » Fri May 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Snaxx wrote:Here is another one of what may be the 'other' Trips Bebe
Race 2 2011-05-23 06:16:00 Results
Race 2 - 19:36 Naples/Ft Myers Eve 8 ran - Unsettled Position Card No. Name Price
1 5 Kane''s Baltimore -
2 1 Lilredridinghood -
3 4 Kay On The Ball -
4 6 Trips Bebe
http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... %3A00.html
Okay, that race was earlier this week. It's definitely not the same dog.

I think I would place a bet on Kay On The Ball, though.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Very pretty dog. Congrats Lizbit!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#30 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri May 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Lizbit, we are all so happy for you and your mom.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#31 Post by Beebs52 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:47 am

OMG! OMG! OMG! This is so awesome I'm weepy. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but we were out with Kara's folks last night.

What a spectacular name BeBe has! What a beauty! She and Lizbit are going to be so tight.

I am so happy for you all. This is the best.
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#32 Post by kayrharris » Sat May 28, 2011 9:02 am

Welcome to the family, BeBe. I look forward to getting to know you.

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#33 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Sat May 28, 2011 9:18 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Catfish wrote:Beeee-yoooo-ti-full!

I believe that's the first grey greyhound I've ever seen.

Love,
Catfish

P.S. Our Apache went across the bridge a couple of years ago. He sent back a cat named Ed a couple of months ago. Go figure.
She is not as grey as she appears in the photo. From that picture, Fanny had speculated that she might be what they call a "blue brindle." What seems to be a very pale fawn actually is more intense than I'd expected, but her muzzle, tail, and the tops of her paws are jet black. So, even though she probably will be classified as just plain "brindle," she is very striking.

Is Ed a new cat that Apache picked out for you? If so, I know what you mean. After I fell in love with Bebe, the rescue group told me that what previously had been described as "an old leg injury" actually was a broken leg that had been surgically repaired. Now, more than ever, I can't shake the feeling that Annie picked out BeBe for us.
Well, that would blow my theory about her name. I just got to thinking afterwards that maybe her name was a nickname that stood for "Blue Brindle" (not that I know anything about why people give nicknames or anything.....ha!). If that is the case, though, it might be tough to find a pedigree since her "real" name might not be anything related to Bebe.

We're celebrating my sister's birthday tonight and, if I remember, I'll show the picture to my mom and grandma and see what they think. They know more about greyhounds than I do.

And yayayayayay!!!!!!!1 for Lizbit. She will have so much fun and now she's got a new partner in crime to torture.... I mean thwart..... I mean PLAY with ES......
Exeunt Regina......

elwoodblues

#34 Post by elwoodblues » Sat May 28, 2011 1:44 pm

That is a pretty dog. Do you pronounce the name "bee-bee" or "bay-bay"?

peacock2121

#35 Post by peacock2121 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Lizbit wrote:I’m so excited!

Well, she's not a baby. She's 2. But she's still my little sister, except she's a lot taller than I am. But I was born before she was, so I am her older sister!!! I am going to be the best big old sis ever, except maybe for Annie, who was pretty darn cool when she wasn't being crabby.

Her name is BeBe. She is a greyhound, and she was a racer until she had an accident. I just know she was in races, but I’m not sure what kind. I don’t think she ever drove for NASCAR or anything. I hope she likes me. She has nice eyes. I think she's pretty, even though she isn't a brownhound. Not everybody can have it all.

Here is her picture.

Miss Pea, you guessed exactly right. I didn’t think that was it because my mom said we had to wait for the right dog to pick us. BeBe did!

I bet ES is going to be excited, too.
This news makes me so happy!

Happy that you get to be a big sister.

Happy that BeBe picked you.

Happy that the love in your home will multiply and multiply!

Happy Happy Happy Day!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#36 Post by silvercamaro » Sat May 28, 2011 1:58 pm

elwoodblues wrote:That is a pretty dog. Do you pronounce the name "bee-bee" or "bay-bay"?
I say bee-bee, but I tend to call all my dogs bay-bee -- that is, baby -- so it will all even out.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#37 Post by silvercamaro » Sat May 28, 2011 2:04 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
This news makes me so happy!

Happy that you get to be a big sister.

Happy that BeBe picked you.

Happy that the love in your home will multiply and multiply!

Happy Happy Happy Day!
It is most definitely a Happy Happy Happy Day. My heart is full.

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#38 Post by secondchance » Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Yay, what wonderful news! And what an absolute beaut she is.

I was wondering about the pronounciating thing, too. In college, some guy we knew used to call the girls Bebe Le Strange... (pronounced beh beh). So that's how I said her name in my head when I first saw it. I have a cousin Beatrice, whom we call Bibi (bee bee), so I just wasn't sure. "Baby" sounds like it'll work out real nice too. :mrgreen:

More pix, please.

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#39 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 pm

secondchance wrote:Yay, what wonderful news! And what an absolute beaut she is.

I was wondering about the pronounciating thing, too. In college, some guy we knew used to call the girls Bebe Le Strange... (pronounced beh beh). So that's how I said her name in my head when I first saw it. I have a cousin Beatrice, whom we call Bibi (bee bee), so I just wasn't sure. "Baby" sounds like it'll work out real nice too. :mrgreen:

More pix, please.
Ha, he must have been a Heart fan! Or maybe not so much, because I'm almost positive that it was pronounced Baby.

Crap, now I'm trying to hear it in my head (it's been years since I've heard it, even though it is one of my favourite Heart songs). I'm still almost positive it's Baby, but sort of when you sing baby it comes out like kind of slurred, like bay-buh.

Anybody have Ann or Nancy's email address handy?

PS
Spoiler
And now you know why I've always called BB "Bebe". Another nickname mystery solved.... Ha!
Exeunt Regina......

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#40 Post by secondchance » Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:
secondchance wrote:Yay, what wonderful news! And what an absolute beaut she is.

More pix, please.
Ha, he must have been a Heart fan! Or maybe not so much, because I'm almost positive that it was pronounced Baby.

Crap, now I'm trying to hear it in my head (it's been years since I've heard it, even though it is one of my favourite Heart songs). I'm still almost positive it's Baby, but sort of when you sing baby it comes out like kind of slurred, like bay-buh.

Anybody have Ann or Nancy's email address handy?

PS
Spoiler
And now you know why I've always called BB "Bebe". Another nickname mystery solved.... Ha!
He was kind of a strange egg himself... probably only saw the Heart song's name written somewhere, thought it looked cool, and "made it his own." lol

I don't have Ann/Nancy's info handy. ...But next time they're in town I'd be happy to stalk them for a while. Just for you, of course.

herjosie
Four-Footer

#41 Post by herjosie » Sat May 28, 2011 8:09 pm

woohoo miss lizbit. yuor new littlebig sister is be ay u ti ful. i am sure you will have lots of fun playing with her and es. i am glad you have sumbody to play with becuase i am sure you miss yuor wonderful miss anmie and i know she is happy for you too.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#42 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:45 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
jaybee wrote:I'm glad she's not a cat.
But she is cat-safe, so who knows what the future might bring?

For me, the cat-safe part also means that she's less likely to try to chase an outdoor cat when we're on walks.

Welcome to the family BeBe! I sure hope you are squirrel-safe....

lb13

And it's so nice that ES brought her an apple.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#43 Post by Lizbit » Sun May 29, 2011 12:10 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote: Welcome to the family BeBe! I sure hope you are squirrel-safe....

lb13
ES is very generous with his friens. He is my frien, so I know he will share with my little sis, too.

MissDenise
Four-Footer

#44 Post by MissDenise » Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 am

I am so excited.

My Pretty Lady showed me a picture of your sister and she is very pretty.

I wanted to send her a Guatemalan catnip mouse as a present. My Pretty Lady tells me that baby doggies do not play with catnip mousies.

Will she have enuf toys? Please let me know.

Yr frien,
MissDenise

mellytu74

#45 Post by mellytu74 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 am

Getting here late in offering hugs and congratulations.

She's beautiful and I know that Lizbit will have lots of fun with her new bebe sister.

ghostjmf

#46 Post by ghostjmf » Sun May 29, 2011 11:48 am

Aww.

Have a good life in your new home, BeBe.

Pretty dog.

Queen Fantine VIII
Her Majesty

#47 Post by Queen Fantine VIII » Mon May 30, 2011 12:44 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
But she is cat-safe, so who knows what the future might bring?

For me, the cat-safe part also means that she's less likely to try to chase an outdoor cat when we're on walks.

lb13

Ha! I thought those were celebratory balloons. So I just went and took another look. Oh, he's tossing an apple......
Exeunt Regina......

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#48 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:34 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Ha! I thought those were celebratory balloons. So I just went and took another look. Oh, he's tossing an apple......

At least you weren't the only one who thought they were balloons. ES was flipping the apple up and down in his palm awaiting the perfect shot....

This just in....... he missed.

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#49 Post by Lizbit » Mon May 30, 2011 5:56 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

At least you weren't the only one who thought they were balloons. ES was flipping the apple up and down in his palm awaiting the perfect shot....

This just in....... he missed.

lb13
That's a another very nice avatar picture, Mr. little. I'm pretty sure that Evil Squirrel misses on purpose. After all, he is our frien.

Did anybody tell Miss fanny that BeBe has cupcake paws like those beauty pageant girls? When she is sleeping, she points her feet just so and curls in her toes. She would be a good coach for those little girls, except she might growl at Ma Kenzie. I could go with BeBe to Pageant Land and wrestle with the terriblebad girls until they learned better manners. Then I could show them how to sparkle.

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#50 Post by Lizbit » Mon May 30, 2011 6:20 am

MissDenise wrote:I am so excited.

My Pretty Lady showed me a picture of your sister and she is very pretty.

I wanted to send her a Guatemalan catnip mouse as a present. My Pretty Lady tells me that baby doggies do not play with catnip mousies.

Will she have enuf toys? Please let me know.

Yr frien,
MissDenise
Thank you so much for thinking of my new sister, Denise. I think we're okay on toys for now, though.

When BeBe came, she brought everything she had: one collar, lavender; matching leash; one heartworm pill; her blanket, pink with stripes; and her only toy. It doesn't look so much like a toy. It looks like an old, shredded piece of fleecy fabric that's spent a lot of time in the rain, but she says it's exactly the right size to throw up in the air. Since I have some toys that look like that, I understand.

I have lots of toys, though, because I inherited family heirlooms from all my Rainbow Bridge sisters, plus I have more toys that I have collected personally. We have some brand new toys now, too. When BeBe got here, my mom gave her a stuffed bunny and me a stuffy duck. BeBe likes my duck best, so we traded and I let her have it. The bunny is fun for me because it has floppy ears that make me laff and laff. I don't mind sharing all my toys with her, because she is my sister.

One thing makes me sad for her. She doesn't know any playing games. I am trying to teach her all the good ones, like whirlaround tag, runaround yard, and pouncy bounce. I haven't wrestled with her, though, because she is so skinny. I know I would win every time, and that might hurt her feelings.