April 11, 1954

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: April 11, 1954

#26 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:22 am

Queen Fantine VIII wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
My gran got the morning edition because she liked to read the paper over breakfast after everybody left for the day. We got the afternoon edition because it had the overnight sports scores. Because if they were too late to make it onto the sports segment of the 10 o'clock news, that was the only way to find out those things, bitd.....

And while I admire ES' industriousness, take it from a fellow flinger, much easier to porch that bad boy if you're throwing across the body. Otherwise you're just going to end up with some bad rotator cuff mojo......

Well, I never delivered newspapers, though I did deliver phone books one year. They tend to weigh you down when you're being chased through the yard by a mean dog.....

lb13
Too bad you didn't have ES with you back then....

Alas, it was just me and MaBeast (and a 1979 Chevy van full of Yellow Pages), and I'm sure she was entertained by it all.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

Not necessarily--as little as 20 years ago, I subscribed to the afternoon paper. There was such a thing as TWO newspapers a day... :P :P :P

You so young, chile.
My gran got the morning edition because she liked to read the paper over breakfast after everybody left for the day. We got the afternoon edition because it had the overnight sports scores. Because if they were too late to make it onto the sports segment of the 10 o'clock news, that was the only way to find out those things, bitd.....

And while I admire ES' industriousness, take it from a fellow flinger, much easier to porch that bad boy if you're throwing across the body. Otherwise you're just going to end up with some bad rotator cuff mojo......

Well, I never delivered newspapers, though I did deliver phone books one year. They tend to weigh you down when you're being chased through the yard by a mean dog.....

lb13
And I'm sure they're harder to throw.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#28 Post by etaoin22 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:56 am

British red squirrelly hegemons.

THIS WAS NOT THE MOST BORING DAY HERE:

Game 5 Stanley Cup Final Canadiens 1-0 victory in overtime to stave off elimination to the Detroit Red Wings. This victory set up one of the great Game 7's in Stanley Cup history -- the last time a Game 7 has gone to OT. Wrong team (Detroit) won, but still legendary.

earendel

#29 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:31 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

Not necessarily--as little as 20 years ago, I subscribed to the afternoon paper. There was such a thing as TWO newspapers a day... :P :P :P

You so young, chile.

lb13
Yeah, but they hurt worse if you throw them at said mean dog.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."