Transcript 1/18/2008 - Audrey Eldridge(carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 1/18/2008 - Audrey Eldridge(carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Audrey Eldridge
Colorado Springs, CO
Psychotherapist

Audrey told the producers that Meredith could do psychotherapy as well and Meredith asks what would make her good at it. Audrey says that what she actually said is that Meredith would make a good patient. She has all the qualities Audrey looks for - she's intelligent, articulate, insightful and "a little kooky". Meredith said that everyones could use some therapy, and added that she's heard that therapists are a little kooky, too. Audrey replies that "being a therapist is like being a tour guides - "How can you be a tour guide to somewhere you've never been?"

Audrey used her ATA on the last show, so she has 50/50 and PAF remaining.

$16K - Introduced in 1924, the classic Burberry Check is a famous plaid pattern that features all but which of these colors?

A - emerald
B - red
C - camel
D - black

Audrey says she thinks she knows it but decides to use her 50/50, leaving A and D. She makes "A" her final answer. Meredith asks if she was torn between the emerald and the red; Audrey fumbles for an answer so Meredith tells her she's right.

$25K - Utah's official Web site uses what term when referring to a state resident?

A - Utahite
B - Utahian
C - Utahn
D - Utaher

Audrey decides to use her PAF and call Neil, her cousin whom she hasn't seen in at least 6 years. "He's not from Utah," Audrey says. Millionaire has brought them together because she remembers that when they were children he was the smartest person she was related to. But that's when they were kids. When Neil comes on the line he alludes to the fact that he and Audrey haven't seen each other in a while and that she remembers him as a smart 7-year old. Audrey says "Utah state resident" then the full question. Neil asks her to spell them but she pronounces them instead. Neil says, "I'd say 'Utahn'" as time runs out. He spells it, "U-T-H..." Audrey isn't sure where he was trying to go with that and Meredith can't figure out whether he actually said one of the answers. Audrey says that $16K is "no chump change" and decides to walk away with that amount.

Commercial break

ANSWERS:
$16K - A (emerald)
$25K - C (Utahn)

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 1/18/2008 - Audrey Eldridge(carryover contest

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:51 am

$16K: Not entirely sure. Better ATA to be safe.

I got the $25K answer immediately, so I'd be playing for $50K with three lifelines available.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:35 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Audrey Eldridge
Colorado Springs, CO
Psychotherapist

Audrey told the producers that Meredith could do psychotherapy as well and Meredith asks what would make her good at it. Audrey says that what she actually said is that Meredith would make a good patient. She has all the qualities Audrey looks for - she's intelligent, articulate, insightful and "a little kooky". Meredith said that everyones could use some therapy, and added that she's heard that therapists are a little kooky, too. Audrey replies that "being a therapist is like being a tour guides - "How can you be a tour guide to somewhere you've never been?"
I must confess that I found this little interchange funny.

Audrey used her ATA on the last show, so she has 50/50 and PAF remaining.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - Introduced in 1924, the classic Burberry Check is a famous plaid pattern that features all but which of these colors?

A - emerald
B - red
C - camel
D - black

Audrey says she thinks she knows it but decides to use her 50/50, leaving A and D. She makes "A" her final answer. Meredith asks if she was torn between the emerald and the red; Audrey fumbles for an answer so Meredith tells her she's right.
For me this would have been an ideal ATA question. I've never heard of the "Bunberry check".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - Utah's official Web site uses what term when referring to a state resident?

A - Utahite
B - Utahian
C - Utahn
D - Utaher

Audrey decides to use her PAF and call Neil, her cousin whom she hasn't seen in at least 6 years. "He's not from Utah," Audrey says. Millionaire has brought them together because she remembers that when they were children he was the smartest person she was related to. But that's when they were kids. When Neil comes on the line he alludes to the fact that he and Audrey haven't seen each other in a while and that she remembers him as a smart 7-year old. Audrey says "Utah state resident" then the full question. Neil asks her to spell them but she pronounces them instead. Neil says, "I'd say 'Utahn'" as time runs out. He spells it, "U-T-H..." Audrey isn't sure where he was trying to go with that and Meredith can't figure out whether he actually said one of the answers. Audrey says that $16K is "no chump change" and decides to walk away with that amount.
No problem with this one, but a Google PAF would get it immediately.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ne1410s

#4 Post by ne1410s » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:59 am

NFC on "Utahn". Google and hope.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:35 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - Utah's official Web site uses what term when referring to a state resident?

A - Utahite
B - Utahian
C - Utahn
D - Utaher

No problem with this one, but a Google PAF would get it immediately.
I'm not so sure. My feeling was that the PAF might have tried to Google, but the contestant pronounced the words strangely, with extra emphasis for each answer choice on the last syllable. (For example, choice D came out as You-tuh-HER.) After the first time through the answers, the PAF asked her to spell them, indicating that he was confused, despite having lived in Utah. As noted by the transcript team, she just said each word again with the same odd pronunciation.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:36 pm

Here's an article about Audrey's run:

http://www.gazette.com/articles/questio ... e_web.html
Eldridge was on “The Weakest Link” in 2002. On that game show, she outlasted the other contestants and won, taking home $26,500.
But did she vote out the strongest link to get there? :twisted:

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Here's another article about Audrey that appeared before her run, with a lot more personal details.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/say_319 ... _says.html
She traces her game show addiction to childhood. “My mom would yell, ‘You should be doing your homework.’ I’d say, ‘But, Mom, I’m learning so much from these shows.’ She’d say, ‘Oh, that’s useless information. You’ll never use it.’”

Years later, Mom changed her tune. Before her death two years ago, she urged Eldridge to audition for “Millionaire.”

“What a kick she would have gotten,” Eldridge says.
Great story! :)

And about here husband, Kit:
They met when she was 13. He was the cute, long-haired 20-year-old zookeeper her mom hired to be her diving coach. “At 15 I told him I was going to marry him. Our first ‘date’ was to the dump with a truckload of elephant poop.”
I wonder what her mom thought about this romance?