Transcript 4/16/2010 - Gabrielle McMahan (carryove

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/16/2010 - Gabrielle McMahan (carryove

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Gabrielle McMahan
Springfield, VA

Guest host Steve Harvey's final day. Mayim Bialik is the expert.

Gabrielle is a student in a 5-year MBA program. She would like to own her own bakery one day. In a couple years she would like to go to culinary school. Steve Harvey's daughter is enrolled in a culinary school also.

Topic Tree:
- Famous Documents
- Notable Addresses
- Younger Years
- Mint Condition
- Chicken Soup
- U.S. Presidents
- Pitt Stops
- Dedications
- Words and Phrases
- Bridges of the World
- Capital Cities
- Bench Press
- Job Hunting
- Brand Names
- On Campus

$2000 - A person in what line of work would be most likely to perform a "screen test" when seeking a new job?
A - movie actor
B - professional athlete
C - chef
D - physician
Spoiler
A - movie actor (6)
$3000 - In the media, what part of the government is often referred to as "the bench"?
A - Dept. of Transportation
B - Dept. of Education
C - military
D - judiciary
Spoiler
D - judiciary (4)
$5000 - In geography, "Tbilisi" and "Atlanta" are both correct answers to the question "What is the capital of" where?
A - Belarus
B - Armenia
C - Georgia
D - Ukraine
Spoiler
C - Georgia (6)
commercial break

$7500 - Because of safety concerns, the famed Bay Bridge was temporarily shut down in 2009, severing a central link between what cities?
A - Dallas & Ft. Worth, TX
B - Boston & Cambridge, MA
C - Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN
D - San Francisco & Oakland, CA
Spoiler
San Francisco & Oakland, CA (13)
$10000 - Which of these words is said to derive from a term that originally referred to medieval mercenary warriors?
A - stewardess
B - freelancer
C - bureaucrat
D - undertaker

Gabrielle says that she really doesn't know and so she uses her first lifeline - Ask the Expert - stopping the clock with 12 seconds remaining.
ATE conversation
While Mayim reads the question Gabrielle sighs. Steve asks if she has any idea and she replies that she thinks she does now. That's why she sighed. Mayim jokes that she can see why Gabrielle called on her, because of Mayim's specialization in medieval mercenary warriors. Gabrielle asks what Mayim is thinking, and Mayim answers that when she thinks of medieval warrior kinds of things she thinks of "steward" and also "lance". Steve asks where Mayim sees "stewardlance". Gabrielle was thinking the same thing. Mayim says that "bureaucrat" looks French to her. She finally says that although she knows a little about words she doesn't know this. She then asks how Gabrielle is leaning and says that she might guess. Gabrielle turns the question around and Mayim says that she's leaning toward "freelancer" just because the lance is a weapon. But that's a broad guess.
Gabrielle says that she was leaning that way also so she makes that her final answer.
Spoiler
B - freelancer (7)
Steve says that he was worried about Gabrielle and also that her answer was his guess. Gabrielle says that she saw the answer after she opted for the lifeline. Steve then says that he had no idea but he knew what it wasn't.

$12500 - What classic 20th century novel has a dedication page that reads, "Once again to Zelda"?
A - To Kill a Mockingbird
B - Catcher in the Rye
C - The Great Gatsby
D - The Grapes of Wrath

Gabrielle says that it has to be
Spoiler
Gatsby, because of his wife
so she makes that her final answer.
Spoiler
C - The Great Gatsby (12)
commercial break

$15000 - The gossip Web site wwtdd.com, or “What Would Tyler Durden Do?,” has a name that references Brad Pitt’s character in what film?
A - Fight Club
B - 12 Monkeys
C - Babel
D - A River Runs Through It

ATA (14)
ATA results
ATA results:
A – 89%
B – 5%
C – 1%
D – 5%
Spoiler
A. Fight Club (12)
$25,000 -- While in office, which of these U.S. presidents donated his entire salary to charity?

A: Bill Clinton B: Jimmy Carter
C: Franklin D. Roosevelt D: John F. Kennedy

Gabrielle has an idea, but decides to walk.
Answer
D. John F. Kennedy (3)
Steve will be back with a new contestant.

commercial break

Today's "You're in the Hot Seat" winning answer is "Judiciary."
Sneak peek at one of the next episode's questions
$12.5K A regular on MTV’s “The Hills,” Brody Jenner is the son of a famous Olympian who won a gold medal for what sport?
A. Swimming
B. Gymnastics
C. Volleyball
D. Track & field
No he won't. Instead, he fills the final segment by conversing with Mayim Bialik.

THE HORN!!!!!
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Transcript 4/16/2010 - Gabrielle McMahan (carr

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:51 pm

The $25,000 question was the sneak preview from yesterday, so I've added it. I don't remember tomorrow's preview question, nor do I remember the home game question. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarkBarrett

Re: Transcript 4/16/2010 - Gabrielle McMahan (carryove

#3 Post by MarkBarrett » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 pm

$15,000 was Tyler Durden movie with
Spoiler
Fight Club as answer
and audience at 89%.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Transcript 4/16/2010 - Gabrielle McMahan (carryove

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:24 pm

I think Gabrielle was on J! as well:

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=4911
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

earendel

Re: Transcript 4/16/2010 - Gabrielle McMahan (carryover)

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Gabrielle McMahan
Springfield, VA

Guest host Steve Harvey's final day. Mayim Bialik is the expert.

Gabrielle is a student in a 5-year MBA program. She would like to own her own bakery one day. In a couple years she would like to go to culinary school. Steve Harvey's daughter is enrolled in a culinary school also.
Thank goodness this is his last day.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$15000 - The gossip Web site wwtdd.com, or “What Would Tyler Durden Do?,” has a name that references Brad Pitt’s character in what film?
A - Fight Club
B - 12 Monkeys
C - Babel

ATA (14)
ATA results
ATA results:
A – 89%
B – 5%
C – 1%
D – 5%
Spoiler
A. Fight Club (12)
No idea, so I'll ATA as Gabrielle did.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 -- While in office, which of these U.S. presidents donated his entire salary to charity?

Gabrielle has an idea, but decides to walk.
Answer
D. John F. Kennedy (3)
No idea, so I'll ATE, even though I doubt that she'll know. If she doesn't, then I walk away.

Only 8 questions in 30 minutes? Unbelieveable.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Kazoo65

#6 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 pm

ATA on the $15K movie question.

$25K. This is way obscure even for this level. I didn't know JFK donated his salary to charity. I doubt the Expert would know, and DD might not help. I would have probably said "Roosevelt" remembering that he supported polio research-I think he helped found the March of Dimes, as polio research was its' original mission.
I'm just a game show nerd.

NellyLunatic1980

#7 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:00 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000 - A person in what line of work would be most likely to perform a "screen test" when seeking a new job?
A - movie actor
B - professional athlete
C - chef
D - physician
E - WWTBAM contestant
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$15000 - The gossip Web site wwtdd.com, or “What Would Tyler Durden Do?,” has a name that references Brad Pitt’s character in what film?
A - Fight Club
B - 12 Monkeys
C - Babel
My gut instinct was A, but since D was the only one of these four movies I've actually seen, I would've asked the audience for confirmation.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 -- While in office, which of these U.S. presidents donated his entire salary to charity?

I would've been out. Even before the choices came up, I thought it was Carter.

Those last 5 minutes were the biggest waste of time in WWTBAM history. I'll bet whoever was still in the green room was royally pissed.