Transcript 4/2/2010 - Sonya Summers (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/2/2010 - Sonya Summers (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 am

Sonya Summers
New York, NY
Unemployed

Dancing With the Stars Week comes to an end.

Meredith says it's been a fun week with lots of great contestants.

Sonya's friend Nicole is in the relationship seat. Sonya took belly-dancing lessons and even though she hurt her back and twisted an ankle she was back the next day.

Sonya has the ATE and DD lifelines available. Tom Bergeron is the expert, as he has been all week.

Question Topics:
* Popular Science
* Famous Firsts
* Background Check
* Le Tour de France
* Conspiracies
* Playing the Oldies
* Golden Boys
* DEREK Q
* Broadway Musicals
* HELIO CASTRONEVES
* Dance Partners
* TV Theme Songs
* Foreign Films
* Media Matters
* '60s Songs

$15000 - What filmmaking icon has received the most Academy Awards with twenty-six?
A - Woody Allen
B - Walt Disney
C - Billy Wilder
D - Steven Spielberg

Sonya immediately decides to ATE, stopping the clock with 27 seconds remaining.
ATE results
Meredith warns Tom that this might be a tricky question. He reads it, says "Hmmm..." then says, "I'd go with Walt Disney. I don't say that just because I work for the Disney company. Sonya asks Tom how sure he feels about his answer. Tom says, "Here's the thing - you're in New York and I'm in California and if you go with me it will take you a long time before you can get here and throttle me." He finally says that he's 70% sure of his answer. Sonya says she'll take his advice.
After the ATE Sonya decides to Double Dip, stopping the clock with 21 seconds remaining.
DD results
Sonya makes B her first final answer. Meredith says, "Tom was right."
Spoiler
B - Walt Disney (21)
$25000 - Carved from the wing bone of a vulture 35,000 years ago, one of the oldest musical instruments known to archaeologists is a crude what?
A - drum
B - xylophone
C - harp
D - flute

As Sonya ponders, Meredith starts reading the question again, emphasizing the words wing bone. Sonya says she's going to walk away. She doesn't feel confident in her answer although she has a feeling about something. Meredith asks her what she's feeling and Sonya replies, "I'm feeling the flute but I'm not going to risk it." She makes that her final answer as the clock reaches zero.
Spoiler
D - flute
commercial break

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 4/2/2010 - Sonya Summers (carryover)

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 am

Nihil obstat®

earendel

Re: Transcript 4/2/2010 - Sonya Summers (carryover)

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Sonya Summers
New York, NY
Unemployed

Dancing With the Stars Week comes to an end.
I'm glad it's over.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith says it's been a fun week with lots of great contestants.
If your definition of "great contestants" is low-dollar winners.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$15000 - What filmmaking icon has received the most Academy Awards with twenty-six?
A - Woody Allen
B - Walt Disney
C - Billy Wilder
D - Steven Spielberg

Sonya immediately decides to ATE, stopping the clock with 27 seconds remaining.
ATE results
Meredith warns Tom that this might be a tricky question. He reads it, says "Hmmm..." then says, "I'd go with Walt Disney. I don't say that just because I work for the Disney company. Sonya asks Tom how sure he feels about his answer. Tom says, "Here's the thing - you're in New York and I'm in California and if you go with me it will take you a long time before you can get here and throttle me." He finally says that he's 70% sure of his answer. Sonya says she'll take his advice.
After the ATE Sonya decides to Double Dip, stopping the clock with 21 seconds remaining.
DD results
Sonya makes B her first final answer. Meredith says, "Tom was right."
Spoiler
B - Walt Disney (21)
This question has come up in one or two of the trivia contests in which I've competed.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25000 - Carved from the wing bone of a vulture 35,000 years ago, one of the oldest musical instruments known to archaeologists is a crude what?
A - drum
B - xylophone
C - harp
D - flute

As Sonya ponders, Meredith starts reading the question again, emphasizing the words wing bone. Sonya says she's going to walk away. She doesn't feel confident in her answer although she has a feeling about something. Meredith asks her what she's feeling and Sonya replies, "I'm feeling the flute but I'm not going to risk it." She makes that her final answer as the clock reaches zero.
Spoiler
D - flute
Gee, Meredith, why not give her the answer while you're at it?!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."