Transcript 09/15/2009 Mark Mindlin

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 09/15/2009 Mark Mindlin

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Mark Mindlin
North Brunswick, NJ
23-yr-old college sophomore
Mark is engaged, but says he needs to make some money before he gets married

Has all lifelines except ATA

ATE ? Ali Wentworth

Topic Tree
Nostradamus
Landmarks
History of Law
Movie Titles
Military Bases
Government
Lewis & Clark
Former Presidents
Food Safety
Sitcoms
(Fashion Trends)
(Brand Names)
(Cable TV)
(The Bible)
(Abbreviations)

$7500 (Sitcoms):
The theme song of the hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" features what word sung repeatedly?
A. Two B. And
C. Half D. Men

said he has no idea so ATE (:24)
ATE
Ali "The theme song for two and a half men, hold on,"
"Do you know the answer?" Mark says I have no clue
Ali screams.
"Uh you know I.. I.. I ... I'm a Sex and the City girl but um I, I would guess Men."
ok
Mere- Wild guess Ali or based on anything
Ali- It's a , I say I would have a 20pct chance of being right
Mark- I appreciate your advice
Mere- Thanks Ali
Ali thank you, good luck!
Mere says Mark will need a little luck
PAF :22
choices Gregory (North Brunswick NJ), Amber (South Amboy NJ), Andrei (Edison NJ)

PAF
Amber- Men, then asks for answers again, then pretty sure it is Men 75%
Spoiler
D. Men (:18)
$10K (Food Safety):
According to a recent report from the CDC, what is the most commonly identified source of food poisoning in the U.S.?
A. Citrus fruit B. Cheeses
C. Bread D. Poultry

Mark says he did not see the report, could guess but 7.5K is better than 5 so he will walk. Mere reminds him that he has Double Dip, but he does not want to chance it and makes his decision final.
Spoiler
D. Poultry (walk at :04)

Mark walked with $7,500.

chad1m

Re: Transcript 09/15/2009 Mark Mindlin

#2 Post by chad1m » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 pm

I was shocked he walked with the $7,500. I mean, $5,000 is not that much different than $7,500. And if he happened to be right on his $10,000 guess, maybe he could've gotten one or two questions he knew cold after that and pocketed a bit more dough. I didn't think the Two and a Half Men one was that hard - even if you've walked by a TV that was playing the song, it's stuck in your head forever. And I figured poultry could be figured out by simple reasoning - don't cook it long enough, and soon you're hurling on the dining room floor.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014Z7QO26/ref ... 6vb11BJ6JV
Get on a Game Show!, my e-book guide now available on Amazon!

Jeemie

#3 Post by Jeemie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:45 pm

chad1m wrote:I was shocked he walked with the $7,500. I mean, $5,000 is not that much different than $7,500. And if he happened to be right on his $10,000 guess, maybe he could've gotten one or two questions he knew cold after that and pocketed a bit more dough. I didn't think the Two and a Half Men one was that hard - even if you've walked by a TV that was playing the song, it's stuck in your head forever. And I figured poultry could be figured out by simple reasoning - don't cook it long enough, and soon you're hurling on the dining room floor.
I was stunned as well at this.
1979 City of Champions 2009

Snaxx

#4 Post by Snaxx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Jeemie wrote:
chad1m wrote:I was shocked he walked with the $7,500. I mean, $5,000 is not that much different than $7,500. And if he happened to be right on his $10,000 guess, maybe he could've gotten one or two questions he knew cold after that and pocketed a bit more dough. I didn't think the Two and a Half Men one was that hard - even if you've walked by a TV that was playing the song, it's stuck in your head forever. And I figured poultry could be figured out by simple reasoning - don't cook it long enough, and soon you're hurling on the dining room floor.
I was stunned as well at this.
Per the biz site, only one person walked all last season (with the clock) on question 7, and three others walked on question 8. This is a bad sign that many of the casted contestants had a goal of around 8K and are seeing it now more reachable, only needing to navigate six questions to get to 7.5K and another for 10K.

---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm

We've had lots of occurrences of listeriosis and other stuff from bad cheese in CA, but I've never heard of anyone getting sick from bread nor citrus, so DD should have worked fine...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:49 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Mark says he did not see the report, could guess but 7.5K is better than 5 so he will walk. Mere reminds him that he has Double Dip, but he does not want to chance it and makes his decision final.
So much for the more generous money tree encouraging more risk-taking in the middle tier. :roll:

Jeemie

#7 Post by Jeemie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:53 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Mark says he did not see the report, could guess but 7.5K is better than 5 so he will walk. Mere reminds him that he has Double Dip, but he does not want to chance it and makes his decision final.
So much for the more generous money tree encouraging more risk-taking in the middle tier. :roll:
Well, I'm out here! I wouldn't fathom stopping at $7,500- I would guess my way to the $25,000 safety if I had to!

I think I passed the test, so c'mon, TPTB!!! I'm only a phone call and a train ride away!
1979 City of Champions 2009

Phil Ken Sebbin

#8 Post by Phil Ken Sebbin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Jeemie wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Well, I'm out here! I wouldn't fathom stopping at $7,500- I would guess my way to the $25,000 safety if I had to!

I think I passed the test, so c'mon, TPTB!!! I'm only a phone call and a train ride away!
I'm with you Jeemie!!! I'll be there tomorrow if necessary. I can't believe he walked with his double dip left and only risking $2,500. I'd eeny-meeny-miney if I had to.
"Once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt."

"I had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

"Oooohhh, you wascally wabbit!" - Elmer Fudd

ten96lt

#9 Post by ten96lt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:02 am

Jeemie wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

When I was in Vegas at the MGM grand in 2002 they had a preview screening of Two and a Half Men which they asked us to rate the show and ever since they played that theme its been stuck in my head. The 10K I would have DD on poultry and cheese with poultry being my first guess.

Join the club Jeemie, I'm only a phone call and a plane ride away (which I can get on one with 90 mins notice in case any PTB are reading)! lol

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Mark Mindlin
North Brunswick, NJ
23-yr-old college sophomore
Mark is engaged, but says he needs to make some money before he gets married
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$7500 (Sitcoms):
The theme song of the hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" features what word sung repeatedly?
A. Two B. And
C. Half D. Men

said he has no idea so ATE (:24)
ATE
Ali "The theme song for two and a half men, hold on,"
"Do you know the answer?" Mark says I have no clue
Ali screams.
"Uh you know I.. I.. I ... I'm a Sex and the City girl but um I, I would guess Men."
ok
Mere- Wild guess Ali or based on anything
Ali- It's a , I say I would have a 20pct chance of being right
Mark- I appreciate your advice
Mere- Thanks Ali
Ali thank you, good luck!
Mere says Mark will need a little luck
PAF :22
choices Gregory (North Brunswick NJ), Amber (South Amboy NJ), Andrei (Edison NJ)
PAF
Amber- Men, then asks for answers again, then pretty sure it is Men 75%
Spoiler
D. Men (:18)
So now the "expert" is 0 for 3. And with FlaGal coming up today and tomorrow, she gets the unfortunate expert also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$10K (Food Safety):
According to a recent report from the CDC, what is the most commonly identified source of food poisoning in the U.S.?
A. Citrus fruit B. Cheeses
C. Bread D. Poultry

Mark says he did not see the report, could guess but 7.5K is better than 5 so he will walk. Mere reminds him that he has Double Dip, but he does not want to chance it and makes his decision final.
Spoiler
D. Poultry (walk at :04)
I didn't see the report, either, but I read the news. <*sigh*> So the new money tree doesn't encourage risk-taking.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:26 am

Here's an article about Mark's appearance. Nothing there that we don't already know from watching the episode/reading the transcript.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/ ... +500+prize

NellyLunatic1980

#12 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Zzzzzzzzzz...