PT Millionaire Returning

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: PT Millionaire Returning

#26 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:49 pm

bazodee wrote:. . .

(4) I predict that Anil Kapoor will be involved somehow, someway

. . .
I hope so. Seems to me somebody hinted at it, saying the return was partly due to the popularity of Slumdog.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#27 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 pm

(7) You all should be practicing Fastest Finger. Forget about memorizing lists of dead Vice-Presidents' wives
I'm gonna start studying islands.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

lilclyde54

#28 Post by lilclyde54 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Well, this is certainly some cheerful news. Thanks for sharing it.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

hbomb1947

#29 Post by hbomb1947 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:

(7) You all should be practicing Fastest Finger. Forget about memorizing lists of dead Vice-Presidents' wives
Particularly if TOPG is likely to return, I think it's time to start re-reviewing Sirge's lists. :D

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#30 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

Particularly if TOPG is likely to return, I think it's time to start re-reviewing Sirge's lists. :D
Yes!

Thanks!

goongas

#31 Post by goongas » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:32 pm

I will be in the studio this summer, one way or another. During Super Millionaire, I had tickets to a taping. I thought I had arrived early enough, but my party barely made it in. They give away many more tickets than they have room for, so I would suggest lining up early.

nitrah55

#32 Post by nitrah55 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Everything old is new again.
I am about 25% sure of this.

vettech

#33 Post by vettech » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Phone game, no phone game, doesn't matter. No matter how many times I passed I never got a call back under either format. :x

gsn309

#34 Post by gsn309 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:05 pm

I emailed the NYT tv writer who posted the story for them and asked him if he knew if the phone game was returning.

His response was:

I think the answer is yes.

Good luck to all (and especially Marley) come August.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#35 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm

gsn309 wrote:I emailed the NYT tv writer who posted the story for them and asked him if he knew if the phone game was returning.

His response was:

Yes, good luck to us all. :D

hbomb1947

#36 Post by hbomb1947 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote: I'm gonna start studying islands.
Yes!

Thanks!
So, is there a website where those lists can currently be found?

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#37 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote: Particularly if TOPG is likely to return, I think it's time to start re-reviewing Sirge's lists. :D
Yes!

Thanks!
So, is there a website where those lists can currently be found?
http://millifeline.homestead.com/sirglist.html

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#38 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm

I hope they're reviving my old pal Seat 9......

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

KillerTomato

#39 Post by KillerTomato » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:25 pm

vettech wrote:Phone game, no phone game, doesn't matter. No matter how many times I passed I never got a call back under either format. :x

Boy, do I know how THAT feels.

IIRC, I was at 0-123 in callbacks. I'm just going to keep counting from there. Wish I could remember how many tests I've passed....It's at least 10, not including the times I've passed both the movie test and the regular one at the same audition. I think. Probably not as many as Fred Ebert (and Marley, among others here), but too many not to be a LITTLE bitter. :-D
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

bazodee

#40 Post by bazodee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:39 pm

I looked back at the spreadsheet I kept from the beginning of time.

In the 3-question format with a semi-final, I was 3-for-99 in callbacks and 0-for-3 in the semi-finals. (got called on 05-Jan-2000, 21-Sep-2000 and 27-Sep-2000).

By the time PT went to a 5-question straight into final format, I was was already mired in the Audition Player Pool and supposedly not eligible to play the phone game.

In the 5-question Super Millionaire format where you could only qualify once per series, I was 1-for-2 (got called 14-May-2004)

reeg2223

#41 Post by reeg2223 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 pm

My memory is that the BAM producers said that the syndiBammers would be eligible for the prime time show--we just couldn't play the daytime version again. It would really be awesome to meet Reeg and play the pure game!!

TheCalvinator24

#42 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:16 pm

reeg2223 wrote:My memory is that the BAM producers said that the syndiBammers would be eligible for the prime time show--we just couldn't play the daytime version again. It would really be awesome to meet Reeg and play the pure game!!
That would kind of suck since the old primetimers are not eligible for SyndiBAM
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

hbomb1947

#43 Post by hbomb1947 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:42 pm

reeg2223 wrote:My memory is that the BAM producers said that the syndiBammers would be eligible for the prime time show--we just couldn't play the daytime version again. It would really be awesome to meet Reeg and play the pure game!!
It would be most unfortunate and unfair if that were the rule on eligiblity. There are numerous people who have never had the chance to appear in the hotseat on any version of BAM, despite years of steadfast attempts; and I see no need to further reduce their chances by giving syndibam alumni a second bite at the apple.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#44 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:07 am

jacorbett70 wrote:BB reunion at a NYC taping!

(Just a suggestion)

Only if one of my favorites is on the show. Oh wait, I have no favorites. Nevermind.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

NellyLunatic1980

#45 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:41 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Phone Game?

Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game! Phone Game!

Please?
What he said.

peacock2121

#46 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:30 am

gsn309 wrote:I emailed the NYT tv writer who posted the story for them and asked him if he knew if the phone game was returning.

His response was:

YOWZER!

peacock2121

#47 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:34 am

hbomb1947 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
clem21 wrote: You're damn right I do. And you do know that if you get in that Hot Seat I will skip my job, wait on line all day and make sure I get in that audience to cheer for you when you win the million! And you will!
Pea stands on line too!

All y'all New Yorkers!
Why would standing in line be necessary? Wouldn't TPTB make tickets available over the internet beforehand?

Nitpicking aside, I do look forward to a BB meetup on the Upper West Side in August. And if there is a BB to cheer for, that will be even better :)
I will be there. I do expect to be on people's guest list though.

earendel

#48 Post by earendel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:46 am

Well the news about PTBAM has certainly made this day brighter. I have great hopes for our eligible BBs, and I would love to be able to come up and watch a taping with other BBs (both those who make it to the RoF - assuming there is one - and eventually the HS.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#49 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:35 am

hbomb1947 wrote:So what parts of the "tweaked version" are TPTB planning on incorporating? And do TPTB believe that TOPG constituted part of "the essence of the original"?
That's what I hope, but what I think is that TPTB look on TOPG as the largest mistake they ever imported from the UK. :(

If this revival is related to the success of Slumdog Millionaire, TPTB may have a particular interest in casting potential slumdogs for the show.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#50 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:So what parts of the "tweaked version" are TPTB planning on incorporating? And do TPTB believe that TOPG constituted part of "the essence of the original"?
That's what I hope, but what I think is that TPTB look on TOPG as the largest mistake they ever imported from the UK. :(

If this revival is related to the success of Slumdog Millionaire, TPTB may have a particular interest in casting potential slumdogs for the show.

How about a Mecca Millionaire?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com