Transcript 04/20/09 Risa Schiff

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 04/20/09 Risa Schiff

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Risa Schiff
Ridgewood, NY
Artist

Topic Tree:

Head Count
Hello, Guv’nor!
Paper Work
Foreign Titles
Mustachios
Nesting Instincts
Hey Ladies!
The Olympics
Short Stories
Gray Area
TV Lands
Send Me a Text
Cartoon Network
Rock On!
Hear Me Roar

$100 “Feminism” is defined as organized activity aimed at securing political and social rights or whom?
A. Animals
B. Women
C. The Elderly
D. The Spice Girls
Spoiler
B. Women ( 8 )
$200 Which of these tourist attractions is essentially a slab of rock?
A. Blarney Stone
B. Hollywood sign
C. Times Square
D. Eiffel Tower
Spoiler
A. Blarney Stone ( 8 )
$300 A TV series on the Cartoon Network, “Skunk Fu!” is about a skunk who aspires to become an expert in what?
A. Rugby
B. Bullfighting
C. Martial arts
D. Square dancing
Spoiler
C. Martial arts (9)
$500 By definition, “texting” is the act of using a cell phone to do what?
A. Watch videos
B. Send messages
C Play games
D. Listen to music
Spoiler
B. Send messages ( 8 )
$1K Which of these TV shows is set primarily in the U.S. city that is located farthest north?
A. CSI: Miami
B. 90210
C. Boston Legal
D. 30 Rock

Risa: I’ll use a PAF, I mean ATA.
Meredith: I’m sorry. We’re going to have to go with your first choice. Which was PAF.

PAF (5)

Risa’s PAF team:

Norman from Ridgewood, NY – Risa’s husband
Shepard from Ridgewood, NY – Risa’s son
Daniel from Eagan, MI – Risa’s son

PAF – Norman

Risa reads the question without giving the choices and then tells Norman that it is between Boston and New York.
Norman: OK. What? Which TV shows?
Risa: Which one’s located farthest North? U.S. city.
Norman: Oh. Which city? Boston or New York?
Risa Yes. Yes.
Norman: You’re serious right?
Risa: Yes. Go ahead now. Tell me.
Norman: I love you baby. It’s Boston.
Risa: Thank you.
Norman: Boston baby.

Spoiler
C. Boston Legal (1)
commercial break

Meredith introduces today’s ATE, host of “Stuff Happens” on Discovery Green, Bill Nye.

Meredith mentions that Bill has gotten 80% of the questions he’s been asked correct.

$2K Which of the following is the title of a section in the medical text “Gray’s Anatomy” and not the name of a popular ‘70s band?
A. The Spinners
B. The Delfonics
C. The Stylistics
D. The Lymphatics

ATA (21)

5% A. The Spinners
9% B. The Delfonics
3% C. The Stylistics
83% D. The Lymphatics

Spoiler
D. The Lymphatics (15)
$4K Which of these classic short stories prominently features a pumpkin?
A. The Devil and Daniel Webster
B. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
C. The Tell-Tale Heart
D. The Gift of the Magi
Spoiler
B. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (20)
$8K Held in Greece in 1896, the first modern Olympics featured swimming events held in what body of water?
A. Caspian Sea
B. Aegean Sea
C. Black Sea
D. Adriatic Sea
Spoiler
B. Aegean Sea (21)
$16K In the 2008 movie “The Women,” which of these women is not one of the women?
A. Debra Messing
B. Annette Bening
C. Meg Ryan
D. Diane Lane

With the clock running, Meredith asks Risa if she has seen the movie.
She says she hasn’t and then makes her final answer.
She then explains that she’s seen a lot of ads for the movie and would like to see it.

Spoiler
D. Diane Lane (18)
commercial break

$25K In farm lingo, the eggs laid by one hen during a single nesting period are known as a what?
A. Clutch
B. Drove
C. Glaring
D. Rabble

ATE (20)

Bill says clutch.

Spoiler
A. Clutch (14)
commercial break

$50K Who was the last U.S. president to regularly wear a mustache while in office?
A. Chester Arthur
B. William Howard Taft
C. Teddy Roosevelt
D. Grover Cleveland

DD (29)

Risa’s first choice, Chester Arthur, is incorrect.
Her second choice, Grover Cleveland, is also incorrect.

Spoiler
B. William Howard Taft (16)
Risa leaves with $25K.

horn

Answers:
$100 B. Women
$200 A. Blarney Stone
$300 C. Martial arts
$500 B. Send messages
$1K C. Boston Legal
$2K D. The Lymphatics
$4K B. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
$8K B. Aegean Sea
$16K D. Diane Lane
$25K A. Clutch
$50K B. William Howard Taft

Edited to correct typo in $25,000 question.
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 04/20/09 Risa Schiff

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:33 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K Which of these TV shows is set primarily in the U.S. city that is located farthest north?
B. 90210
C. Boston Legal
D. 30 Rock

Meredith: I’m sorry. We’re going to have to go with your first choice. Which was PAF.
Is this another side effect of The Damned Clock that we haven't seen before? Selecting a lifeline, even when misspoken and immediately corrected, is binding?

Sheesh! :evil:

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Of course, for a contestant from Where Else (Ridgewood being just another neighborhood in NYC) needing a lifeline to check that Boston is north of the Big Apple... :roll:

KillerTomato

#4 Post by KillerTomato » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:21 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Of course, for a contestant from Where Else (Ridgewood being just another neighborhood in NYC) needing a lifeline to check that Boston is north of the Big Apple... :roll:

I'm constantly amazed at how often simple geography questions like this end up being LL-killers. Maybe it WAS just a clock-induced case of hotseatitis, but she still should have been able to deduce the right answer in time. ESPECIALLY since she got a much tougher geo question right later, with no perceived time delay. That Aegean Sea q still wasn't REALLY tough, but it was considerably more difficult than figuring out that Boston is further north than NYC, especially when she's FROM NYC.

Of course, it took me a half-beat longer than Risa, since I was expecting "Ionian Sea" to come up.... :-D
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

Millionaire Fan

#5 Post by Millionaire Fan » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:22 pm

$50K Who was the last U.S. president to regularly wear a mustache while in office?
A. Chester Arthur
B. William Howard Taft
C. Teddy Roosevelt
Grover Cleveland
I knew it was between Taft and Roosevelt and I remembered seeing pictures of both presidents and they had pretty thick mustache's.

NellyLunatic1980

#6 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Risa Schiff
Ridgewood, NY
WE®
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith introduces today’s ATE, host of “Stuff Happens” on Discovery Green, Bill Nye.

Meredith mentions that Bill has gotten 80% of the questions he’s been asked correct.
Yay! One of the real experts is back! :D

$16K: No clue on this one. I better ATA.

$25K: From the comfort of my room, I said clutch. In the Hot Seat, though, I would've asked Bill Nye.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K Who was the last U.S. president to regularly wear a mustache while in office?
A. Chester Arthur
B. William Howard Taft
C. Teddy Roosevelt
D. Grover Cleveland

DD (29)

Spoiler
Wow, she picked the two obvious wrong answers--the two presidents who served in the 1800s. :|

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Risa Schiff
Ridgewood, NY
Artist
A WE® and possibly a WE/WE® (depending upon Ridgewood's location).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K Which of these TV shows is set primarily in the U.S. city that is located farthest north?
B. 90210
C. Boston Legal
D. 30 Rock

PAF (5)

Risa’s PAF team:

Norman from Ridgewood, NY – Risa’s husband
Shepard from Ridgewood, NY – Risa’s son
Daniel from Eagan, MI – Risa’s son

PAF – Norman

Risa reads the question without giving the choices and then tells Norman that it is between Boston and New York.
Norman: OK. What? Which TV shows?
Risa: Which one’s located farthest North? U.S. city.
Norman: Oh. Which city? Boston or New York?
Risa Yes. Yes.
Norman: You’re serious right?
Risa: Yes. Go ahead now. Tell me.
Norman: I love you baby. It’s Boston.
Risa: Thank you.
Norman: Boston baby.

Spoiler
C. Boston Legal (1)
She came down with a bad case of Hotseatitis here and darned near blew the PAF call to boot. The commercial break couldn't have come at a better time.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K In the 2008 movie “The Women,” which of these women is not one of the women?
A. Debra Messing
B. Annette Bening
C. Meg Ryan
D. Diane Lane

With the clock running, Meredith asks Risa if she has seen the movie.
She says she hasn’t and then makes her final answer.
She then explains that she’s seen a lot of ads for the movie and would like to see it.

Spoiler
D. Diane Lane (18)
No idea, but this sounds lilke a good question for the ATA lifeline, so I'll use it.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K Who was the last U.S. president to regularly wear a mustache while in office?
A. Chester Arthur
B. William Howard Taft
C. Teddy Roosevelt
D. Grover Cleveland

DD (29)

Spoiler
It's all a matter of knowing the order of presidents. Arthur and Cleveland were before Roosevelt and Taft was after. And since I went to William Howard Taft Junior High School, with a huge oil painting of him in the foyer, complete with moustache, this was pretty much a no-brainer.

So I'd be going for $100K with three lifelines still available.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

megaaddict

#8 Post by megaaddict » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:25 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
B. 90210
C. Boston Legal
D. 30 Rock

Is this another side effect of The Damned Clock that we haven't seen before? Selecting a lifeline, even when misspoken and immediately corrected, is binding?

On last night's Wheel a contestant asked to buy a vowel and asked for a 'Y'. Did she lose her turn? No! Pat simply explained that in the Wheel of Fortune universe 'Y' was a consonant and she got to buy a different letter. It was a good example of (click at own risk...)
Spoiler
No harm, no vowel
So lighten up Meredith! It seems pretty harsh to lock a contestant into a lifeline the instant the words come out of her mouth. Why not just stop the clock when the contestant says "lifeline" and then ask them to commit to one? Or require the contestant to say Final after the lifeline choice as is required for an answer?

Oddly enough, this "mistake" may have actually helped the contestant. If she uses ATA for 1K, she almost certainly uses Bill Nye for Gray's Anatomy at 2K, leaving PAF for the clutch at 25K. If all friends are New Yorkers, there's a good chance she wouldn't feel confident enough to risk $15K even if they were leaning towards the correct answer.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:34 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25K In farm lingo, the eggs laid by one hen during a single nesting period are known as a what?
A. Clutch
B. Drove
C. Glaring
D. Rabble

ATE (20)

Bill says clutch.
Bill is the best of the celebrity experts, but he could still use a briefing from Ogi on the finer points of selling an answer. The conversation started with some joking around with Meredith. "Do you know much about poultry?" "I like poultry." Then, while answering the question, at one point Bill leans out of the webcam picture and says "This is me leaning." That startled Risa a bit, "Oh, you're only leaning towards that answer?"

A little less entertainment and a little more calm and well-reasoned information, Bill!

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#10 Post by frogman042 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 am

megaaddict wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
B. 90210
C. Boston Legal
D. 30 Rock

On last night's Wheel a contestant asked to buy a vowel and asked for a 'Y'. Did she lose her turn? No! Pat simply explained that in the Wheel of Fortune universe 'Y' was a consonant and she got to buy a different letter. It was a good example of (click at own risk...)
Spoiler
No harm, no vowel
So lighten up Meredith! It seems pretty harsh to lock a contestant into a lifeline the instant the words come out of her mouth. Why not just stop the clock when the contestant says "lifeline" and then ask them to commit to one? Or require the contestant to say Final after the lifeline choice as is required for an answer?

Oddly enough, this "mistake" may have actually helped the contestant. If she uses ATA for 1K, she almost certainly uses Bill Nye for Gray's Anatomy at 2K, leaving PAF for the clutch at 25K. If all friends are New Yorkers, there's a good chance she wouldn't feel confident enough to risk $15K even if they were leaning towards the correct answer.
I doubt this was Meredith's call - so cut her some slack. Also, saying you want to use a lifeline does not stop the clock, the clock only stops once you say the specific lifeline you want to use - so once they said PAF - that's it, the clock stops and nothing else counts until that lifeline has finished and Meredith restarts the clock. Specifing a lifeline is no different then saying FA - even if a split second later you regret the decision - it is too late.

Finally if her 25K question was actually her 50K question and she missed that, would that be
Spoiler
No Harm, No Fowl?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:46 am

frogman042 wrote:
megaaddict wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Is this another side effect of The Damned Clock that we haven't seen before? Selecting a lifeline, even when misspoken and immediately corrected, is binding?

Spoiler
No harm, no vowel

I doubt this was Meredith's call - so cut her some slack. Also, saying you want to use a lifeline does not stop the clock, the clock only stops once you say the specific lifeline you want to use - so once they said PAF - that's it, the clock stops and nothing else counts until that lifeline has finished and Meredith restarts the clock. Specifing a lifeline is no different then saying FA - even if a split second later you regret the decision - it is too late.

Finally if her 25K question was actually her 50K question and she missed that, would that be
Spoiler
No Harm, No Fowl?
I thought there was separate thread for the pad puns.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Appa23

#12 Post by Appa23 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
B. 90210
C. Boston Legal
D. 30 Rock

No. Similar ruling during 1st season.

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#13 Post by ontellen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:37 pm

I noticed that right after she said "PAF - no ATA" there was an obvious edit of the tape before Meredith told her she would have to stick to the PAF. I bet there was a discussion about what to do.

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

ontellen wrote:I noticed that right after she said "PAF - no ATA" there was an obvious edit of the tape before Meredith told her she would have to stick to the PAF. I bet there was a discussion about what to do.
I think so, too.