Transcript 2/25/09: Donna Hinckley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tanstaafl2

Re: Transcript 2/25/09: Donna Hinckley

#26 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Just for the record, there was no correct answer in this question. Astrologists (erroneously) believe that it is the position of the planets against the relatively unmoving background of stars that provides their predictions.
OK-but the answer they wanted was pretty obvious.
Sure. But wrong is still wrong!
I don't think it is wrong. Or as wrong as you say. Astrologers use celestial bodies, to include the sun which is after all a star not a planet, as well as the position of various constellations,which do move relative to ones position on the Earth, and the planets.

So perhaps "celestial bodies" would have been a better term.

And the "most" correct answer was obvious.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

MarleysGh0st

#27 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4,000 (Ice Lands): The logo of the NHL's New York Islanders features a silhouette of what island?
A. Long Island B. Nantucket
C. Hilton Head D. Key West

Donna, who is from Connecticut, chooses to PAF (18). Standing by are her husband, John (New Milford, CT) and her friends Michael (Fairfield, CT) and Jim (Madison, CT). She elects to call John.
PAF discussion
John says he thinks it's Long Island, because they play in Nassau Colisseum. With the remainder of the time, Donna inquires about their puppies, and John tells her they're both sleeping.
Spoiler
A. Long Island (16)
Hmmm...Hilton Head is in the Carolinas, Nantucket is in CT, Key West is in FL. Doesn't take much to figure out which island is appropriate.
Massachusetts, ear, Massachusetts! :mrgreen:

Appa23

#28 Post by Appa23 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Ignoring the fact that the 4th month is April, and Avril is nearly spelled the same, how could anyone really think that the French would call a month "Beyonce", "Ashlee", or "Kelly"? :lol:

Hotseatitis, catch it!

tanstaafl2

#29 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Appa23 wrote:Ignoring the fact that the 4th month is April, and Avril is nearly spelled the same, how could anyone really think that the French would call a month "Beyonce", "Ashlee", or "Kelly"? :lol:
You have been watching the show haven't you? Or at least reading the transcripts!

Based on the stellar performance of some of the cast members on the show it seems entirely plausible that one or more of them might think that...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

MarleysGh0st

#30 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:32 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:
Appa23 wrote:Ignoring the fact that the 4th month is April, and Avril is nearly spelled the same, how could anyone really think that the French would call a month "Beyonce", "Ashlee", or "Kelly"? :lol:
You have been watching the show haven't you? Or at least reading the transcripts!

Based on the stellar performance of some of the cast members on the show it seems entirely plausible that one or more of them might think that...
Aren't those names months of the French Republican Calendar? :mrgreen:

lv42day

#31 Post by lv42day » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 pm

In Donna's defense, I didn't notice the "not" in the 8,000 question, causing me to rule out the correct answer, "p." But, for those of you frustrated at the show for casting people who probably won't do too well: Hypothetical question: (Hypothetical because I don't know if anything that I am going to ask is actually true) What If, you were a producer, and what If your boss told you that the show only has about 6 million to give out during the year (which they only seem to have a budget for) and your boss wanted so many shows a year, would you cast people who probably wouldn't do so well. If not, how would you stay within the budget and get the number of shows?

silverscreenselect

#32 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

ontellen wrote:Why the hell would the NEW YORK ISLANDERS have Key West on their logo?
Maybe because they want to play for the other team.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

TheConfessor

#33 Post by TheConfessor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 pm

earendel wrote:She's a legal secretary and can't figure this one out? Well, maybe she doesn't type (or keyboard), but I can't think of any excuse.
I'm not sure if it applies in this case, but there was a government audit of secretarial skills done several years ago on Capitol Hill. They found that a lot of the new young office workers were not touch typists. They were just huntin' peckers.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#34 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:06 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
earendel wrote:She's a legal secretary and can't figure this one out? Well, maybe she doesn't type (or keyboard), but I can't think of any excuse.
I'm not sure if it applies in this case, but there was a government audit of secretarial skills done several years ago on Capitol Hill. They found that a lot of the new young office workers were not touch typists. They were just huntin' peckers.
Well, you know Charlie Wilson's view on secretaries:

"You can teach them to type, but you can't teach them to grow t**s"
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.