Transcript 02/23/09 Kathleen Dwyer

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/23/09 Kathleen Dwyer

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Kathleen Dwyer
Stamford, CT
Phys-Ed Teacher

Kathleen was at one time Mary Tyler Moore’s personal trainer.

Kathleen is a carryover contestant from the 1/30/09 episode.

Kathleen has all of her lifelines.

Topic Tree:

Paperwork
Hello, Guv'nor!
The Art Scene
What's in a Name?
It's an Expression
Under the Hood
Political Posts
(Military History)
(Achilles' Heel)
(Chuckleheads)
(Switzerland)
(Snack Origins)
(Golden Oldies)
(Phil'Er Up)
(In a Frenzy)

Meredith introduces today’s ATE, Ashleigh Banfield, Emmy-winner, international correspondent and cohost of TruTv’s “Banfield & Ford: Courtside.”

$16K The political Web site Huffingtonpost.com was founded in 2005 by a writer with what first name?
A. Arianna
B. Louise
C. Martha
D. Paloma
Spoiler
A. Arianna (23)
$25K Catalytic converters are often popular targets for car thieves because they contain traces of what valuable metal?
A. Brass
B. Silver
C. Platinum
D. Copper

ATA (24)

3% A. Brass
11% B. Silver
32% C. Platinum
54% D. Copper

Kathleen goes with the audience and makes D. Copper her final answer.
Kathleen leaves with $1K.

Spoiler
C. Platinum ( 18 )

Answers:
$16K A. Arianna
$25K C. Platinum

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/23/09 Kathleen Dwyer

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:38 pm

Nihil obstat®

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 am

Keyword was "traces", dear. None of the incorrect choices are valuable enough to be worthwhile in those quantities. Nasty ATA dursting.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 am

gsabc wrote:Keyword was "traces", dear. None of the incorrect choices are valuable enough to be worthwhile in those quantities. Nasty ATA dursting.
Yeah. The theft of copper has been in the news a fair amount lately--while I can't recall any news stories about catalytic converter thefts--so that was a wicked distracter. Asking the audience to notice a subtle clue about "traces" is a lot to expect.

I wonder if Kathleen held off on her viewing party for three weeks, knowing what the outcome would be? :(

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:10 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Kathleen Dwyer
Stamford, CT
Phys-Ed Teacher

Kathleen was at one time Mary Tyler Moore’s personal trainer.
Ah, the celebrity hook returns.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith introduces today’s ATE, Ashleigh Banfield, Emmy-winner, international correspondent and cohost of TruTv’s “Banfield & Ford: Courtside.”
Who??? And as she said herself, her background being in legal affairs, how useful is she likely to be in other areas?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K The political Web site Huffingtonpost.com was founded in 2005 by a writer with what first name?
A. Arianna
B. Louise
C. Martha
D. Paloma
Spoiler
A. Arianna (23)
Several of the left-wing blogs don't much care for her because she was a Republican at one time (or at least her husband was.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K Catalytic converters are often popular targets for car thieves because they contain traces of what valuable metal?
A. Brass
B. Silver
C. Platinum
D. Copper

ATA (24)

3% A. Brass
11% B. Silver
32% C. Platinum
54% D. Copper

Kathleen goes with the audience and makes D. Copper her final answer.
Kathleen leaves with $1K.

Spoiler
C. Platinum ( 18 )

At least she wasn't really done in by the ATA because that's what she thought the answer was also. I wonder why. Maybe she'd heard about thieves stealing copper downspouts and wire.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:33 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith introduces today’s ATE, Ashleigh Banfield, Emmy-winner, international correspondent and cohost of TruTv’s “Banfield & Ford: Courtside.”
Who??? And as she said herself, her background being in legal affairs, how useful is she likely to be in other areas?
And what did Ashleigh say when Meredith was asking if she was ready to help? Something about the stress of being a new mother blanking out her mind? If she was at all serious about that, why in the world would she agree to be an expert? Do these C-list celebrities feel any responsibility to the contestants at all? :evil:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:20 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:
And what did Ashleigh say when Meredith was asking if she was ready to help? Something about the stress of being a new mother blanking out her mind? If she was at all serious about that, why in the world would she agree to be an expert? Do these C-list celebrities feel any responsibility to the contestants at all? :evil:
I don't think they do. I think they think it's just a lark that will get them a little more screen time, or maybe even serve as an audition for when they're up to be a news anchor or commenter.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

owenziligation

#8 Post by owenziligation » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 am

25K: To tell the truth, I thought it was copper too, just because it seemed like a more common metal. Platinum was the last thing that I would've guessed.

Jeemie

#9 Post by Jeemie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:15 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
gsabc wrote:Yeah. The theft of copper has been in the news a fair amount lately
Not paying attention to current events beyond politics, business, and local would have paid off- copper wouldn't have been a distractor at all.

Well- that and I knew the answer.
1979 City of Champions 2009