Congrats, Bob J!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
nitrah55
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Section 239, Yankee Stadium

Congrats, Bob J!

#1 Post by nitrah55 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:57 am

I'm exhausted.

How about a back rub and some cognac?
I am about 25% sure of this.

User avatar
PlacentiaSoccerMom
Posts: 8131
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:47 am
Location: Placentia, CA
Contact:

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 am

Yes, congratulations!

I now have no excuse to delay doing laundry.

User avatar
peacock2121
Posts: 18422
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:58 am

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 am

Great job!

AJ was too quick on the trigger.

User avatar
Bob Juch
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Contact:

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 am

I wasn't even trying.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5525
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

#5 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 am

peacock2121 wrote:Great job!

AJ was too quick on the trigger.


(snort)
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 12846
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

#6 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:11 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Great job!

AJ was too quick on the trigger.


(snort)


At the risk of appearing cynical, I suspect moderators have an advantage over us "regular people".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
mrkelley23
Posts: 5525
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:12 am

I don't think moderators have too much of an advantage when it comes to gus chases.

nitrah's sig.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30088
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:14 am

earendel wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Great job!

AJ was too quick on the trigger.


(snort)


At the risk of appearing cynical, I suspect moderators have an advantage over us "regular people".



If we have an advantage, I haven't found it.

Of course, I do have 2 of the 6 gusses on this Bored, and missed this one by a single post....

lb13

User avatar
earendel
Posts: 12846
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Location: mired in the bureaucracy

#9 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:14 am

mrkelley23 wrote:I don't think moderators have too much of an advantage when it comes to gus chases.

nitrah's sig.


Since I don't know what moderators can and can't see (although lb said that he could see "lurkers" and "hidden" people), I can't say for certain. But if someone knew how many actual posters there were and could monitor their activity, he or she might have a better chance of predicting when the gus would come up. Not that I want to cast aspersions on our moderators, but I am curious.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

User avatar
littlebeast13
Dumbass
Posts: 30088
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Contact:

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:16 am

earendel wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:I don't think moderators have too much of an advantage when it comes to gus chases.

nitrah's sig.


Since I don't know what moderators can and can't see (although lb said that he could see "lurkers" and "hidden" people), I can't say for certain. But if someone knew how many actual posters there were and could monitor their activity, he or she might have a better chance of predicting when the gus would come up. Not that I want to cast aspersions on our moderators, but I am curious.



That's hardly an advantage, especially when names drop off the list when someone goes to post a message (I hate that bug), making it difficult to tell who really is all in the forum....

lb13

User avatar
andrewjackson
Posts: 3945
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Planet 10

#11 Post by andrewjackson » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:00 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Great job!

AJ was too quick on the trigger.


(snort)


I have a feeling that was a slam and as soon as I figure it out I'll be back. :D
No matter where you go, there you are.

Post Reply