Transcript 11/23/2007 -- Brian Radvinski (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/23/2007 -- Brian Radvinski (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:59 am

<B><I>Brian Radvanski</B>
Flanders, NJ
Unemployed</I>

This time, Brian brought a whole cheering section full of rowdy college buddies. He’s prepared a victory dance, which he calls The Naughty. Brian demonstrates, to the restrained amusement of Meredith and the audience. Now, to avoid being known as that stupid dancing kid, he’s gotta win the money.

He begins the day with all of his lifelines.

$2000 - Like his father was before him, Ziggy Marley is a prolific artist in what music genre?

A - Country
B - Opera
C - Reggae
D - Jazz

Brian covers "Love Is My Religion" before answering. Meredith tells Brian he sings as well as he dances.

$4000 - In well-known Internet lingo, which of the following is the creative abbreviation of a single word?

A - CU
B - BRB
C - NP
D - THX

Brian explains all of the abbreviations before giving his answer.

Mr. Naughty is now going for $8000

$8000 - In addition to being a popular playground attraction, a seesaw is an example of what type of simple machine?

A - Screw
B - First-class lever
C - Pulley
D - Wheel and axle

Brian likes science, so he settles quickly on his answer.

$16,000 - Deriving its name for the Latin word for "pig," the porcini is a particularly plump variety of what food?

A - Mushroom
B - Tomato
C - Olive
D - Grape

Brian wants to know what the audience thinks.

A - 77%
B - 13%
C - 7%
D - 3%

He'll go with the audience.

$25,000 - The town of Riverside, Iowa claims to be the "future birthplace" of what fictional character?

A - Luke Skywalker
B - Marty McFly
C - Flash Gordon
D - Captain James Kirk

Brian doesn't know this one. He'll call his sister Michelle. They're gonna be so pumped. They're both pumped and nervous.

With 7 seconds left, she's "positive" it's Captain Kirk. He's gotta scapegoat if she's wrong.

<B><I>Commercial Break</I></B>

$50,000 - As of 2007, which of these states does not have two female U.S. senators?

A - California
B - Washington
C - Maine
D - Maryland

Brian did not like this question when he saw it. He'll get rid of it.

STQ $50,000 - Under President Ford, 34-year-old Dick Cheney became the youngest man to hold what position?

A - White House Chief of Staff
B - National Security Advisor
C - Attorney General
D - Secretary of State

Brian has an idea, but wants the 50-50, which leaves A and B. His choice is still there. He gives his answer, which just came to him. Meredith prompts him to do The Naughty.

This is a lot more money than Brian's been making lately.

$100,000 - In terms of area, what is the largest country in the world with no direct access to any of the five major oceans?

A - Ethiopia
B - Mongolia
C - Kazakhstan
D - Bolivia

He's not sure enough, so he'll take the fifty grand. He's out.

<B><I>ANSWERS:</B>
$2000 - C. Reggae
$4000 - D. THX
$8000 - B. First-class lever
$16,000 - A. Mushroom
$25,000 - D. Captain James Kirk
$50,000 - D. Maryland
STQ $50,000 - A. White House Chief of Staff
$100,000 - C. Kazakhstan</I>

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/23/2007 -- Brian Radvinski (carryover)

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:28 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Now, to avoid being known as that stupid dancing kid, he’s gotta win the money.
Can we still call him that stupid dancing kid, even if he walked off with $50K?

:P

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:38 am

Didn't care for his first 50K Q either but otherwise, from the comfort of my lazyboy, looking at 250K with all lifelines except the STQ on this stack. Would have liked to see it continue to see if I could have continued as well!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:00 pm

An absolute dream stack for me. Looking at the $250,000 question with all four lifelines available. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/23/2007 -- Brian Radvinski (carryover)

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Now, to avoid being known as that stupid dancing kid, he’s gotta win the money.
Sorry, he'll still be known as "that stupid dancing kid" even if he wins the million.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 - The town of Riverside, Iowa claims to be the "future birthplace" of what fictional character?

A - Luke Skywalker
B - Marty McFly
C - Flash Gordon
D - Captain James Kirk
The town hoped that this might increase tourism - to my knowledge it hasn't. In STIV Kirk says he was born in Iowa.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50,000 - As of 2007, which of these states does not have two female U.S. senators?

A - California
B - Washington
C - Maine
D - Maryland
California is Boxer and Feinstein (both female and Democratic), Washington is Murray and Cantwell (both female and Democratic), Maine is Snowe and Collins (both female and Republican), so it must be Maryland.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:STQ $50,000 - Under President Ford, 34-year-old Dick Cheney became the youngest man to hold what position?

A - White House Chief of Staff
B - National Security Advisor
C - Attorney General
D - Secretary of State
An easy question for a political junkie but I wouldn't have seen it.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:This is a lot more money than Brian's been making lately.
No kidding.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100,000 - In terms of area, what is the largest country in the world with no direct access to any of the five major oceans?

A - Ethiopia
B - Mongolia
C - Kazakhstan
D - Bolivia
Kazakhstan is a very large country.

This would have been a dream stack for me.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 am

4K: CU = see you, NP = no problem(o), dunno what BRB is; bring your own beer?, but THX = thanks, I hope

25K: Well, I trust it isn't Skywalker; wasn't he born on one of those Star Wars planets? And Marty McFly is "already here", so it can't be his "future birthplace". Don't think Flash Gordon is famous enough anymore to get a town to advertise. Go for Kirk & hold breath.

50K: I know Maine does have. I know Cal has at least one. But I'm STQing this one.

STQ 50K: OK, know it wasn't Defense or State. Pretty sure it was Chief of Staff, but will 50/50.

100K: OK they're asking "size", not "ocean coast". I spent a lot of time here bewildered by the coastlessless of all before realizing that was a given. Emphasize "size" in the Q to PAF.