"Heroes" discussion

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

"Heroes" discussion

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:00 am

OK, now we've been caught up, more or less, as to what happened during the show's hiatus.
Spoiler
They didn't explain how Peter managed to survive the explosion. Nor did they explain what happened to the stuff that was supposed to be in the shipping container (the goods the Irish gang went to get). It also seems that we have three different villains on the loose - Adam, Bob and Sylar.

I'm also still waiting to find out what Mama Petrelli's power is (assuming she has one) - I thought maybe she was going to use it on Nathan's wife (or maybe she did - her power is that of persuasion).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

traininvain

Re: "Heroes" discussion

#2 Post by traininvain » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:14 am

earendel wrote:OK, now we've been caught up, more or less, as to what happened during the show's hiatus.
Spoiler
They didn't explain how Peter managed to survive the explosion. Nor did they explain what happened to the stuff that was supposed to be in the shipping container (the goods the Irish gang went to get). It also seems that we have three different villains on the loose - Adam, Bob and Sylar.

I'm also still waiting to find out what Mama Petrelli's power is (assuming she has one) - I thought maybe she was going to use it on Nathan's wife (or maybe she did - her power is that of persuasion).
Spoiler
I'm still confused how Nathan was healed by Adam's blood, yet earlier in the season he saw scared self while looking in the mirror.
Enjoy every sandwich

eyégor
???????

Re: "Heroes" discussion

#3 Post by eyégor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:28 am

traininvain wrote:
earendel wrote:OK, now we've been caught up, more or less, as to what happened during the show's hiatus.
Spoiler

Spoiler
I'm still confused how Nathan was healed by Adam's blood, yet earlier in the season he saw scared self while looking in the mirror.
Spoiler
I think
a) the survival of Peter wasn't addressed because if the creators felt leaving it out would lead to the regeneration theory being accepted by fans, saving that airtime to advance the story, plus - one less expensive special effect.
b) the missing I-pods are either a continuity error or the Haitian Sensation working his mojo on the dock workers.
c) The mirror image is just in Nathan's mind.
d) persuasion is Mama's power.
e) I agree on two of the villians, but I see Bob more as an HRG type from last year - a gray(grey) figure in a world of black & white

thguy65

#4 Post by thguy65 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:35 am

My 2 cents
Spoiler
1) I'm not certain we can call Adam a villain at this point. Yes, he may still have a huge grudge against Hiro, but if he's going against the Company, he might be decent bloke after all.

2) The Wonder Twins appeal has not been enhanced by their additional background. Unlike our "real" heroes, they don't possess a power that I want or would want to be around.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 am

thguy65 wrote:
Spoiler
1) I'm not certain we can call Adam a villain at this point. Yes, he may still have a huge grudge against Hiro, but if he's going against the Company, he might be decent bloke after all.
Spoiler
True, Adam's motivations at this point are still unknown. 400 years is a long time to hold a grudge and he just might have had a life experience or two that could have changed that viewpoint.

OTOH, I'm never going to trust a representative of a shadowy organization who will only introduce himself as "Bob".
Last edited by MarleysGh0st on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:49 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:True, Adam's motivations at this point are still unknown. 400 years is a long time to hold a grudge and he just might have had a life experience or two that could have changed that viewpoint.
Or not - we probably won't know until Adam and Hiro meet (which is inevitable).
MarleysGh0st wrote:OTOH, I'm never going to trust a representative of a shadowy organization who will only introduce himself as "Bob".
Ditto.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:00 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:OTOH, I'm never going to trust a representative of a shadowy organization who will only introduce himself as "Bob".
WHY NOT? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:09 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
WHY NOT? --Bob
But you have a last name--you're Bob Many Numbers! :)

tanstaafl2

#9 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:27 pm

Spoiler
At least they are making some progress on the various story lines. And it sounds like they will have at least an interim conclusion/cliffhanger before the hiatus (And given the writers strike, who knows how long the hiatus might last!).

They have answered a few questions while generating a few more. I can live with that.

Perhaps Peter was able to hold himself together once he could stop trying to contain the explosion and then was able to heal himself. He had been near Claire so obviously he had the healing power. Presumably his own blood could have healed his brother, he just didn't remember it at that time.

I too think it is at best unclear who the "good guys" are at this point as there seems to be plenty of shades of grey to go around.

Even the story line on the cops dad seems to be unfinished and his full motivation didn't seem clear to me either at this point.

Only Sylar appears to be wearing an indelibly black hat at this point. And who knows, even that might change.

Although it seems improbable, even for this show...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:50 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote:At least they are making some progress on the various story lines. And it sounds like they will have at least an interim conclusion/cliffhanger before the hiatus (And given the writers strike, who knows how long the hiatus might last!).
There was a story online last week or so that said the conclusion of the mid-year finale had been rewritten to bring the story arc to a conclusion, since the writers' strike was looming.