I know I haven't posted in a while...

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
otherindigo

I know I haven't posted in a while...

#1 Post by otherindigo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:09 am

but I'll try to make a quick catch up on things happening over here.

The biggest news is that we (my family and me) saw my brother off early Friday AM. He's in GA right now training and whatnot and will be headed to Iraq later this week. He'll have a one year stint there with a two week vacation sometime in between. He's never been away from home for any real length of time. And this was his first time to fly. It was by choice, and he asked most of the family our opinions on him going. I told him that no matter what he decided to do in life (all legal of course) I would back him 100%. He will spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, and his 21st b-day over there among other holidays and celebrations. Though I do miss him and hope he comes back home safely, I cannot help to be a tad bit envious as he will be experiencing things and places I will probably not do or see in my lifetime. And well he'll be making more money than me too. My brother in law left last Friday for the same stint.

I finally got my group presentation over with this past Thursday. It was over single-subject research. I was blessed with a really awesome group seeing as we all contributed. It is rare to be in a group like that. I still have a 20-page research proposal and action research to do both due on the 29th. My vacation will be spent on finishing those projects.

Oh and a nasty case of bronchitis snuck up on my Friday. It started with an little itchy throat to full blown chest coughs by that evening. Z-packs are my friend. I think it was my body's way of telling me that I needed to slow down. I hadn't taken a weekend off in about a month. Last weekend, I got to go to my first ever Busch race thanks to my dad. Fun times!

So a lot of other things happening around here, but I guess those are the highlights.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:10 am

I hope that your brother will be safe in Iraq.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:27 am

Get better. Best wishes to your brother.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 am

Take care of yourself.

My good thoughts go to your brother and all of his fellow men and women over there.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:48 am

Definitely take a break. BD does much the same thing, racing around to get everything that's a "priority" done, then crashing with some sort of icky disease. "Airborne" and other vitamin supplements do help a bit, but not as much as rest.

Thoughts and prayers for your brother, BIL, and all the others over there, now and in the future.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:59 am

Hey babe! I've missed you!

Best wishes to your bro.

otherindigo

#7 Post by otherindigo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:36 pm

"Airborne" and other vitamin supplements do help a bit, but not as much as rest.
Funny thing, I started using Airborne a couple of weeks ago along with my regular daily vitamin. I really like it. I'm kind of partial to the pink lemonade one.

And thank you all for the well wishes.