Paris and Normandy

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mellytu74

Paris and Normandy

#1 Post by mellytu74 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:15 am

We leave tomorrow - this time Thursday Boonie and I should be finished with customs and luggage and on our way to Montmartre.

Two days in Montmartre, three in Normandy on a tour and another four in Paris. We'll be based in the Latin Quarter for the last four days.

We have two tours scheduled - Louvre and Musee D'Orsay - and a boat trip with Eiffel Tower elevator access on Friday night.

We haven't planned much - we have things we want to do, and we will figure it out from there. Covered Passages. The booksellers along the Seine (now that they aren't being moved for The Olympics). Opera Garnier (we know we need tickets - much we aren't sure when we will be going. We'll know better by the weekend), Galeries Lafayette, eat in Le Marais.

We plan on doing a lot of walking - we are going to use the On/Off Bus to cover places that we won't be near on our walks.

We won't be in Paris for the flea markets on the weekends but I can do that on my next trip. :lol: 8) :wink: :wink:

BackInTex

Re: Paris and Normandy

#2 Post by BackInTex » Tue May 21, 2024 11:43 am

Sounds fun. Bon voyage!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:19 pm

Je suis tres heureuse pour vous!!!
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 21, 2024 1:19 pm

Have a great time!!
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue May 21, 2024 6:25 pm

Bon voyage! I regret I never made it to Paris. One of my suitcases did, though. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:07 am

Sounds fabulous! Have fun and stay safe.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire