Jim Cantore!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Jim Cantore!

#1 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

And the rest of you "meteorologists"! Front and center!

They closed the schools today because of your forecasts. Slushy roads this morning, followed by 3-6 inches of snow today. They'll let us know if school will reopen tomorrow.

The only thing I've seen drop from the sky is some leaves. So now the kids are home panting for some flakes to fall and getting on each other's nerves. Mine were a given, of course.

At least I've gotten to sleep in for four straight days!
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

christie1111
11:11

Re: Jim Cantore!

#2 Post by christie1111 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:11 am

We had a delayed opening.

Two days in a row of 2-3 in of snow.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 am

The Weather Channel surface map certainly shows a lot of snow in eastern NC. Isn't that headed your way, mini?

minimetoo26

#4 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:The Weather Channel surface map certainly shows a lot of snow in eastern NC. Isn't that headed your way, mini?

It just....evaporates. It's almost as if there is a bubble over our city. It shows up on the radar, then nothing.

Eerie...........
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

WheresFanny
???????

#5 Post by WheresFanny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:The Weather Channel surface map certainly shows a lot of snow in eastern NC. Isn't that headed your way, mini?

It just....evaporates. It's almost as if there is a bubble over our city. It shows up on the radar, then nothing.

Eerie...........
Are you sure you don't live in Seahaven?
We, the HK Brigade, do hereby salute you, Marley, for your steadfast devotion to ontopicosity. Well done, sir!

themanintheseersuckersuit

#6 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:29 am

I got your snow
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

minimetoo26

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:31 am

WheresFanny wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

Eerie...........
"Haven"? There is nothing "Haven"ish about being in a house full of kids who want snow NOW!

-Carl Sagan

WheresFanny
???????

#8 Post by WheresFanny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
WheresFanny wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
"Haven"? There is nothing "Haven"ish about being in a house full of kids who want snow NOW!

I had to look up the town name to get in the reference, so I figured I'd make anyone else who didn't get the reference do likewise. Ha!

But I posted that on the other computer, so I don't have the page anymore. Give me a minute....
We, the HK Brigade, do hereby salute you, Marley, for your steadfast devotion to ontopicosity. Well done, sir!

minimetoo26

#9 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 am

WheresFanny wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
WheresFanny wrote: Are you sure you don't live in Seahaven?

I had to look up the town name to get in the reference, so I figured I'd make anyone else who didn't get the reference do likewise. Ha!

But I posted that on the other computer, so I don't have the page anymore. Give me a minute....
Well, if I don't see you, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night.......

-Carl Sagan

WheresFanny
???????

#10 Post by WheresFanny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:50 am

WheresFanny
???????

#11 Post by WheresFanny » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
WheresFanny wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote: "Haven"? There is nothing "Haven"ish about being in a house full of kids who want snow NOW!

Ha, you were faster than me and I knew what page I was looking for!

WWJCD?
Spoiler
What Would Jim Carrey Do?

minimetoo26

#12 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 am

WheresFanny wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
WheresFanny wrote:

Ha, you were faster than me and I knew what page I was looking for!

WWJCD?
Spoiler
That's probably the only movie he's ever done that I liked. Or could stand, for that matter. I loved In Living Color, though.

-Carl Sagan

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#13 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
Spoiler
That's probably the only movie he's ever done that I liked. Or could stand, for that matter. I loved In Living Color, though.[/quote]

Carrey was amazing as Truman. It's the only role I've ever seen him in where he inhabited it. Everywhere else, it was Jim Carrey playing at being a different version of Jim Carrey.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#14 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:

Eerie...........

Like a Virga.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#15 Post by kayrharris » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 pm

We had a note on our State Farm home page today that the Charlotte and Raleigh Operations centers
were closed today due to inclement weather.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Ritterskoop

#16 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 pm

The snow was melted by the time I got up today (though anything remaining will refreeze tonight), but our weather guy at work said the storm got reorganized after here, and clobbered the shit out of Raleigh (6-10").
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.